It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS militants 'enter Yarmouk refugee camp' in Syrian capital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Islamic State (IS) militants have entered the Palestinian refugee camp Yarmouk in Damascus, activists and Palestinian officials say.
Clashes erupted between the militants and groups inside the camp, with IS seizing control of large parts of the camp, reports said.
The UN says about 18,000 Palestinian refugees are inside the camp.

Yarmouk residents told BBC Arabic that members of Aknaf Beit al-Maqdis, a group formed by Palestinian militiamen opposed to the Syrian government, were leading the fight against the IS militants, along with some Free Syrian Army fighters.
IS fighters had seized control of large parts of the camp, an official with the Palestine Liberation Organisation based in Damascus said.

IS militants 'enter Yarmouk refugee camp' in Syrian capital

The families at the camp have already fled one conflict, and now after being made homeless and stateless they're again having to flee violence. I can't imagine what they must be going through right now. This is another truly shocking assault against human dignity by IS militants.. cowards!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Why other major powers do not go there to help stop the aggressors, i see that America etc do not want to because they do not like current leader or leaders of the country and perhaps were behind the coup or what ever but why not Russia, China, India, Iran etc?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sad sad state of affairs.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: romilo

Because how would it benefit them? ISIS isn't carrying out attacks on Russia, China, India, or Iran. Even though intervention may seem to be the "moral choice" when looking at the situation, you still have to remember - governments (like corporations) serve the purpose of their leaders, and not the best interests of people in general.

You see the U.S. partaking in armed conflict in middle eastern countries (rich with resources). You don't see the U.S. government putting a sliver of that effort into feeding the starving people in Africa. Just not profitable for them...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
isis seems to be everywhere!
now they are fighting in the Syrian capital?
how many are there anyway?

they must have a sizable force, thats quite an area of land.
edit on 1-4-2015 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Gut-wrenching depravity abounds. Picking on a camp of vulnerable, worn out individuals who are being shielded by a camp militia? Oh my. Such brilliance and cunning in the minds of fools. Someone stop this planet. It's time we all got off!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
i guess i dont know enough about isis to understand why they would do this.
whats the goal? how can they hope to hold this area, and why?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I guess when you get run out of places like Tikrit, refugee camps all of a sudden look inviting.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe
could be..i just dont get why a refugee camp?
are they going to chop all there heads off?
just makes no sense to me.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
Gut-wrenching depravity abounds. Picking on a camp of vulnerable, worn out individuals who are being shielded by a camp militia? Oh my. Such brilliance and cunning in the minds of fools. Someone stop this planet. It's time we all got off!

They are using the Palestinians for what the Arab nations have set them up to be, human shields.
ISIS will take over their camps and use them as shields as they launch attacks at Assad, and Assad will shell them back as they hide in the Palestinian population just as Hamas does.

There will be no international condemnation for either side though like there is against Israel.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP
that makes sense..they are very close now.
perhaps Bashar should think about packing a bag?

new topics

top topics

join