It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000-Year-Old Medical Remedy Shows Promise Against MRSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The superbug MRSA, which causes hard-to-treat infections and kills more people in the U.S. each year than AIDS, may have met its match — in a more-than-1,000-year-old medical remedy that is made of wine and a dried form of ox bile.

Once again science should look at ancient cures found all over the world.
I did a search and nothing came up.
But this is great news I know many people that have suffered from MRSA.

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

There is info on it in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I find it fascinating that this is effective when our modern antibiotics are not.

to the wisdom of the ancients, again!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954

The superbug MRSA, which causes hard-to-treat infections and kills more people in the U.S. each year than AIDS, may have met its match — in a more-than-1,000-year-old medical remedy that is made of wine and a dried form of ox bile.

Once again science should look at ancient cures found all over the world.
I did a search and nothing came up.
But this is great news I know many people that have suffered from MRSA.

www.yahoo.com...

It's kind of like when they found that simple Vitamin C kills drug-resistant strains of Tuberculosis.
www.einstein.yu.edu...

Drug companies will just try to patent the ancient cures (or their active ingredients), then sell it to the public anyway

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
That is just so amazing - how on earth did those people back then manage to figure that one out? I'd imagine they worked with homeopathic remedies all the time. But this one has been proven to work.

It's like that jungle village cures where the shaman requires that the leaves of the nu-nu plant be chewed for 30 minutes by a cross-eyed twin before being left to sit under a full moon for twelve hours. It sounds insane, but then when you analyze the process, you find that the chewing and digestive enzymes break down the plant leaves, releasing all the chemicals and enzymes. Then the combination of cool air and darkness allow other chemicals to break down while the active ingredients become more concentrated. Result, one medical grade treatment.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
That is just so amazing - how on earth did those people back then manage to figure that one out? I'd imagine they worked with homeopathic remedies all the time. But this one has been proven to work.

They observed the world (as a whole), and not just with their eyes. They were aware.
They didn't have "smart" devices to tell them what to do and where to go.
And they didn't think that those before their generation knew nothing.

BTW, this has nothing to do with homeopathy.
(Homeopathy was invented - or discovered - only in the late 18th century.
And yes, it DOES work.)

Good find, OP!

edit on 31-3-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra

It also helps that people in those type of environments had far less junk info in their lives. Most people now can't even recognize the different grasses, plants, pests, and weeds around them, much less their qualities.

I've started learning basic foraging in my area and it's changed my entire outlook on my surroundings. It's crazy how many diuretics, tea/coffee alternatives, mints, spices, & other stuff are around us all of the time. And I'm only doing this as a side project lol. Just imagine how much better we'd be if our entire lives were based around foraging.

new topics

top topics

join