It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thailand Tiger Temple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is by far the highest point of my trip to Thailand!! It was truly amazing!

This was my first sight as we drove up to the entrance, and it looks super cool!

It seems that they are doing some revamping of the place with some major contraction projects, as you will see just now.

This is a huge building being constructed, and the following photos will show what it is that they are constructing.

This is their new temple! And it will be massive! You can see the size of the vehicles compared to the building in the scale model!

Then we grouped at the entrance of the tourist building, it became clear that they are not taking any chances in keeping the visitors safe, and adding to the respect towards the monks. If you have any bright clothes on, they will tell you that they cannot allow you to enter the Tiger area. This is mainly because they do not want the tigers to get excited in any uncontrolled way. They will then show you to the shop where you can buy yourself some clothes.

Also, you are not allowed to enter with any clothes with tassels or loos hanging material. This is because it will look to much like the Tiger's toys, and that might not go so well...

You will also not be allowed to enter with sleeveless shirts or pants that do not cover your knees. This is a respect thing towards the monks.
Luckily for us, the Hotel Staff member that booked the tour for us, told us all this, and we arrived with the correct clothes and there were no problems

But back to the visit! This was the surprise awaiting the people that were allowed to enter.

A lot of the tigers are just having a good time under a tree! They are just chained to the tree to make sure that nothing goes wrong. When they Tigers has to be walked back to their main homes within the Temple, all the visitors are asked to go into the designated area, and then the handlers and monks unchain the animals, and just walk alongside them to where they have to go.

And this is me petting one of the younger tigers!

And me walking one of the big ones back to their playing area!

All-in-all, it was an amazing day out!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

I'll be sure to remove any tassles/strings from my apparel before entering - it sure would be unfortunate to find out these resemble the tigers' toys the hard way.

Looks like an incredible experience. Big cats like tigers are so magnificent. So cool you can interact with them at the Tiger Temple. I hope they are given the best medical care and nutritious meals, but all in all it seems to be a safe and unique destination, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get up close and personal with one of mother nature's most beautiful and legendary big cats.

Great that you documented the trip with photos and shared them with all of us on ATS. Thanks for the post good sir.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

Very nice. I wish I could make that trip. Congrats mate, I know you had a great time.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Well a tire attack would be a great conversion starter.... lol

It truly was an amazing experience to interact with them! I love big cats! A few years ago I had the chance to get into a cage with a Tiger here in SA at a local zoo/sanctuary thing. But that tiger was still your, 4 years old if I am correct. The one I walked with in Thailand was about 8 years it I heard correctly.

Its my pleasure!! I love to share!

And HEY!! I just relieved my face on ATS! Congrats to me! LOL

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: hoagy1199

Nothing is impossible!!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion
a reply to: hoagy1199

Nothing is impossible!!

True mate. I did get to spend some time wrking with Orangutans a few years ago. I loved it. I spent 20 years as a veterinary technician and always lked for new opportuinities to learn and experience. Now my focus is on my new wife, home and an ex-pat lifestyle.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I was wary about these guys being drugged up - hence their placidity.. I mean, everyone else was on Valium in that country so why not the tigers!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion
And this is me petting one of the younger tigers!]

His head is bigger than yours.

Very cool pics, thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Just a little bit!

I'm glad you all like it!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
OMG! Must be very exciting!

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Omg this place looks incredible! Were you scared walking among such terrifying creatures? What a courageous experience.

new topics

top topics

join