It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Analyst Calls For Nuclear Attack on Yellowstone National Park

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

He has more bravado than brains. If the supervolcano goes off, it will impact the whole PlANET, meaning severe impacts on agriculture in Russia proper. The last one in Toba almost took out the human race,some estimates cut the entire human population down to less than 4000 individuals. Yeah, good plan. What a moron.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: stanislas

That's a common thing here on ATS, to make conclusion based on what's the MSM reporting, even tho the logo of ATS is to deny ignorance. A lot of people here speak of how's in a country that they have never been to, and when you ask them how do they know that, they will tell you they have a lot of friends living in that particular country, and so that's how they know it.

And as for this thread goes, I do not know what's the big fuss about this. It's just an individual expressing his thoughts. I doubt his words even have a little credibility behind it, so I don't know why are you guys taking it too seriously.

One thing is clear, -if you don't nuke the bear first, it won't nuke you!
edit on 31-3-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I don't see anyone here taking it too seriously. I see most of us sort of mocking the idea as pretty dumb.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

And as for this thread goes, I do not know what's the big fuss about this. It's just an individual expressing his thoughts.

That's funny because I remember this thread where one man expressed his thoughts...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You didn't seem to have the same feelings there...why is that?

And remember he was only giving his thoughts and yet he was supposed to be talking for the whole US...so what's the difference?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I disagree some what. Yes, a Russian geo-politician voicing his opinion in an article about how Russia would retaliate in a war with the US which would mean nuclear war can seem silly when talking about Yellowstone as a Russian solution. Probably most Russians would agree. You know why? Because we would all be dead anyway.

My point earlier saying a political analyst can say stuff but when a General says something that's completely different.

My second point is the article did not state that he urged or called for it. Read the article and refute that. Please. He was speculating only.

So first thing... Russia is not saying this? OK? Agreed?
Secondly .... You can laugh about it but if ever this war came about no one will be laughing anymore!

edit on 31-3-2015 by stanislas because: spelling

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This guys is a friggin idiot. If Russia were to launch nukes at the US, we'd respond in kind by launching on all of our targets in Russia and its interests. Apparently he thinks he's found a loophole in mutually assured destruction but he's mistaken and even a limited nuclear strike by Russia would be a fatal error in judgement for everyone.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein
They aren't taking it serious because it would ultimately result in their own destruction, and they're aware of it. They might be a serious threat, psychotic and such, but they aren't stupid. Who are they, North Korea?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I thought this thread was about trying to nuke Yellowstone or the San Andreas? I was talking strictly in terms of this thread.

I'm sorry but that idea is a desperate joke. There is simply no way anyone can know whether or not such ideas would actually work, and if they did, the consequences for the world would be worse than any perceived strategic advantages of employing such a strategy in the first place.

If you want to talk about the very real tension between the US and Russia ... there are other threads for that.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Thank you, another way of putting it but he is responding if the US starts a war with Russia. Still stupid but lets get it in to context.

As a US general recently said we should kill Russians in Ukraine... Pretty much the same thing if you think about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

My second point is the article did not state that he urged or called for it. Read the article and refute that. Please. He was speculating only.

It was more of a hypothetical scenario that actually does point to some good things as it shows where the US is very vulnerable, but in no way does it mean it will ever happen.

And I very seriously doubt Russia would be able to pull something like that off if they tried.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

It's pretty simple actually.

One is a retired major general, and the other is some analyst seeking attention.

If you ask me, major general's words certainly carry lots of weight, and I consider them as serious statements. Unlike this Russian guy who's obviously expressing his opinion, so that he'd get attention.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

As a US general recently said we should kill Russians in Ukraine... Pretty much the same thing if you think about it.

Yes, it is as all of it was taken out of context. And he was a Fox News military analyst and former General as to not confuse those who may think he was active duty military when he said that.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

you realize russia doesn't like all of north america right? and some of south america, a good portion of europe....

This is actually brilliant if Russia were to war with Nato, 3 major nato players gone in one move.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

One is a retired major general, and the other is some analyst seeking attention.

Key word...retired meaning not active duty and no say in what the military does.

Just as the man this thread is about...he is an analyst.

If you ask me, major general's words certainly carry lots of weight, and I consider them as serious statements. Unlike this Russian guy who's obviously expressing his opinion, so that he'd get attention.

Way to show that hypocrisy. As the retired general is no different than the man in the video, whereas he was giving his opinion but it's different because one is from America and the other is from Russia.

This is a perfect example of the fake outrage that you seem to only point at the US.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
MILITARILY it IS way to severely cripple America.
THEN we will go ape s##t on Russia and THEY know it.
Not to mention the losses to the world from such an eruption.
SHOOT I'd be choked off in hours.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The thread is not really about that so to speak. The thread is "Russian Analyst Calls For Nuclear Attack on Yellowstone National Park" as though he is calling for it as he has some voice that gets the west to be concerned and then enables more anti Russian sentiment. A bunch of conspiracy sites have linked this from two articles. The original and the smh article which I have posted earlier. Its not on Fox or CNN as of yet.

If you truly want to believe he really wants to do this then you have poor judgement imo. I am pointing out that this was an article on geo-political speculation on how Russia could respond from his view if the US decided to wage war on Russia. The original article is just that. Make of it what you want I guess. If you want this to be a discussion on if it was possible the fine. But my final answer still stands... we will all be dead!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

This is actually brilliant if Russia were to war with Nato, 3 major nato players gone in one move.

Only problem is this would be a one time chance and if anything goes wrong...hell will rain down with fury.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Just a major general. Just an analyst.

A retired one, sure, but is anybody else seeing the differences between these two?

What you are saying is that a words spoken by a general have got absolutely no value nor credibility? Not to mention that you are comparing one general with some analyst.
Damn, for a citizen of a country that spends a lot of money in their military, you seem to have disrespect to military officers.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

EXPLAINING what can be done is ,QUITE often ,misconstrued as WANTS it to be done.
I get that ALL the time.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

We all do if they are incompetant.
We frag them if they are too far gone as well and THEY know it.
RESPECT is earned and lost early in a battle.
WE have to win and NOTHING else matters when we begin to fight, to us.
The US military is a machine and fights that way,JUST like American football.
edit on 31-3-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join