It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The really really Really sad thing is that there is a place where children who think they may be shot bite their lip to stop from crying .

Accepting that they might die , oh its wrong on every level . I for once cant put what i am feeling into words . WRONG.
edit on 1-4-2015 by hutch622 because: I feel for the children . Humans , we are nasty pieces of work . And we are very good at it .

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
That is not fear in that child's eyes. If it was fear due to believing it was a gun, and understood that guns result in pain and death, then the pupils would be dilated more than they are. The look on the child's face is grief, not fear.

I believe that it will come out that the supposed photographer was not the photo taker at all.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Pimpish

You can prove anything you just said?

Or is it your belief?

Because it seems like nonsense to me!

Yes, I'll prove it right after you prove that Allah, or anyone's God, has ever done anything for anybody.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

No you made the claim, Sir.

Back up your statement that was so certified in its initial process...

Or admit you've got just as much chance as I have of proving anything!
edit on 1-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Isn't that what my previous post pointed out? That we both have about zero chance of proving anything either way? Just for the record, I believe there's a God. I also believe organized religion is a farce. It was created by people, not Gods, with people doing their best to try and interpret/understand something that they couldn't possibly do.

The world would be a much better place if organized religion did not exist.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The world would be a much better place if organized religion did not exist.

Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot agreed with you...

Ghandi, MLK & Malcolm disagreed with you...

Who should I side with?

Edit: For the record, I side with myself, but I agree with the latter group!
edit on 1-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
a reply to: Telos

So this guy realizes his camera is scaring the crap out of this kid and instead of lowering it and going "oh sorry it's just a camera" he takes a picture?

The fraction of a second it took to snap the picture made all the difference in the world...this picture, and the fraction of a second it took to take it, is the real crime against humanity here!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Yes, and the people who carried out that Charlie Hebdo massacre, ISIS, and Osama Bin Laden agree with you. See, I can do it too...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

No, they would have killed me too.
Because I didn't agree with them at all!

So unless you find a decent example of world changing anti-theists, equivalent to Gandhi or MLK... I'll wait.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
How many videos and photographs like this coming out of the middle east and other areas of conflict have been proved to be staged?

I don't believe this. Let me be the one to call BS.

The Syrian people are to blame for their civil war, and for allowing themselves to fall prey to the Assad dynasty. Oh wait I forgot, its the US's fault, always us, right? We're supposed to come bail everyone out, but when we do we're called imperialists...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Who should you side with?... How about humanity?

... but given that you side with Ghandi, MLK & Malcolm X... they all had different religions (Hinduism/Jain, Christianity and Islam respectively)... which one is right?

As for Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot... are we really playing the Atheist Atrocities Fallacy game?

Quite simply, that argument is the result of a psychological defence mechanism, the aim of which is the distortion of reality for the protection of the hypersensitive religious ego. At its heart you are presenting a "you too" argument; ie. religion has killed a lot of people, but look at the great examples of religious people... and see!... atheists have killed people too... it's a pathetic debating tactic.

As religion often does, it gets annoyed when it's not the centre of attention... it's like the annoying kid brother; "Hey why aren't you paying attention to me?"... "Hey, Look at me, look at me!, I'm also interesting!"... "Stop talking about your adult topics, pay attention to me!".

You've turned a topic about atrocities (whether propaganda or not... which is an interesting aspect of the discussion) into a religious argument about you and your faith.

Now rather than discuss the OP you are demanding proof of the unprovable. The burden of proof is on religion.

Get over it, and discuss the OP without making it about you or your religion.
edit on 1-4-2015 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

I was over it when I ignored your last diatribe...

Following on from you bringing my religion into it.

I left a passing gesture.

I never tried to discuss what God can and cannot do, that was yourself.

You haven't discussed the OP barring one post in which you assumed this isn't just propaganda.

Look on page 1, i did my homework...

I save my compassion for those I know for certain are in trouble.

Not publicity stunt photography!

Never the less, when you prove to me human compassion is real, and not just some fleeting nonsense only a percentage feel or know about...
We can discuss this further

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

OMFG you mean.. you're NOT A CAT

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I hate war and i hate the glorification of it.
Something has to change, who wants to change
this #e hole ... QUESTION MARK.. ANYONE"
QUESTION MARK.. BUELLER ... HELLO.

SORRY MY KEYBOARD IS MESSED,
LALALA.

SMILE

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Heart breaking. We take for granted what we have. Sure, our lives may not be perfect but it's a far cry from thinking a camera is a weapon! Poor kid shouldn't have to worry about things like this, no kid anywhere should.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Does this child deserve the fact that US and other NATO countries supported mercenaries (Syrian rebels) and did all this to Syria

And at the same time created ISIS ?

Shame USA Shame

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

lol its all propaganda though isn't it? Only trouble is that some of it is true. It really happens, I wish I didn't need to spoil everything with that alert.

If its propaganda, what is it saying?
Conflict is having a terrifying effect on Syrian kids?

And we all know that's a lie? ...so it's "propaganda?"

Boy or girl, does it make that much of a difference?

I am not sure I understand the message, intent or thoughts inspiring your "spoiler alert" to tell the truth, all propaganda aside.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

You save your compassion. Good thinking. As far as religion....depends on who's calling it what these days, but almost no matter what definition we're using, you think you do, but I don't think you've quite got it. Casting, dropping and dragging....that's what's going on here.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Sometimes I am not proud to be human, I feel like crying.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join