It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The below is one of the most saddest thing I ever seen and a clear statement that humanity has failed.

The poor kid saw the camera lens pointed to her, thought it was a weapon and raised her hand in surrender. No matter how tough and strong one can be, seeing this really breaks your heart and fills it with such sadness. The photo was taken 1 year ago but has gone viral only recently.

This photo of a Syrian child so scarred by war that she stared into a camera lens believing it was the barrel of a gun and raised her arms in surrender has been shared around the world.

The fear in the little girl’s eyes as she bit her lip to stop herself crying has caused an outpouring of emotion about the “heart-breaking” image showing how “humanity failed” in the Syrian civil war.

It spread across social media this week after it was tweeted by a photojournalist in Gaza.

www.independent.co.uk...

May whatever entity greater than us is out there, have mercy for humanity. We clearly have failed big.
edit on 31-3-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Everyone knows clenched fists are a sign of aggression!!

Get guns on her now, she might be resisting!!!!

Oh wait, that was the police state threat I was listing in earlier.....

I can't believe we are capable if this kind of stuff, not to mention we do nothing about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It puts things into perspective..we spend alot of time here bellyaching about how wronged we are by our govt and life. Most of us don't have a real clue.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Very, very sad. Humanity has failed.

And sadder still is what this child and so many like her may grow up to believe...and it could go either way, toward love or hate.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

So this guy realizes his camera is scaring the crap out of this kid and instead of lowering it and going "oh sorry it's just a camera" he takes a picture?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
The below is one of the most saddest thing I ever seen and a clear statement that humanity has failed.

The poor kid saw the camera lens pointed to her, thought it was a weapon and raised her hand in surrender. No matter how tough and strong one can be, seeing this really breaks your heart and fills it with such sadness. The photo was taken 1 year ago but has gone viral only recently.

This photo of a Syrian child so scarred by war that she stared into a camera lens believing it was the barrel of a gun and raised her arms in surrender has been shared around the world.

The fear in the little girl’s eyes as she bit her lip to stop herself crying has caused an outpouring of emotion about the “heart-breaking” image showing how “humanity failed” in the Syrian civil war.

It spread across social media this week after it was tweeted by a photojournalist in Gaza.

www.independent.co.uk...

May whatever entity greater than us is out there, have mercy for humanity. We clearly have failed big.
This image is striking. I can barely wrap my head around the situation that child and her family are in.

I can't help but notice your cry out to some intangible force that you think can help. I think that response is exactly what causes situations like this. People generally want someone else to stand up and fix it. When that someone is an imaginary entity, well, nothing comes of all your hopes and prayers. These aggressors in this area are far more blinded by this type of thinking. They think they are doing the will of whatever deity they follow. If they only knew that we are all there is, then possibly they could see others as equals.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor
So you're a psychic and know what happened seconds after the shot was taken?

You might try actually reading the article before you type.

"I realised she was terrified after I took it, and looked at the picture, because she bit her lips and raised her hands. Normally kids run away, hide their faces or smile when they see a camera.”

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

a reply to: PsychoEmperor
So you're a psychic and know what happened seconds after the shot was taken?

You might try actually reading the article before you type.

"I realised she was terrified after I took it, and looked at the picture, because she bit her lips and raised her hands. Normally kids run away, hide their faces or smile when they see a camera.”

You don't have to be a psychic to see a kid raise their hands in distress... I did read the article, but I also have common sense

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

So this guy realizes his camera is scaring the crap out of this kid and instead of lowering it and going "oh sorry it's just a camera" he takes a picture?

That's where you draw the line? Seriously???

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I saw this earlier and I agree with your sentiment, it broke my heart to see a child react like that.

Makes me feel guilty my son was raised where he was, the biggest worry was getting a candy bar out of dad at the check out.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

What line? what are you talking about? All I'm saying is what I said, no need to get all worked up about it. If I knew I was scaring a poor defenseless child in a war-torn area, I wouldn't continue to scare the child, of course than I couldn't use the photo to push forward some agenda but hey, that's just me.
edit on 3/31/2015 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I don't know if the context of the photo is real, but the look on that kids face...

What a punch in the gut. S&F for the sentiment and the photo.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

What line? what are you talking about? All I'm saying is what I said, no need to get all worked up about it. If I knew I was scaring a poor defenseless child in a war-torn area, I wouldn't continue to scare the child, of course than I couldn't use the photo to push forward some agenda but hey, that's just me.

I was in war zones. And my job gave me the possibility to witness many horrible things that are going to hunt me for the rest of my life. Pics like that aren't programed. I'm sure must have been a total accident. The photographer must have been roaming around trying to catch a meaningful pic and it happened to stumble upon the kid who seeing the camera upon her, thought was a weapon and raised her hands up. It takes less then a sec to take a picture like that. That's how I see it. I don't think was planed.
edit on 31-3-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

I don't know if the context of the photo is real, but the look on that kids face...

What a punch in the gut. S&F for the sentiment and the photo.

The photo is so real. Has gone viral and is allover the net. There is also the name of the photographer who took the pic. He is turkish professional photographer Osman Sağırlı .

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I was in war zones. And my duty game me the possibility to witness many horrible things that are going to hunt me for the rest of my life. Pics like that aren't programed. I'm sure must have been a total accident. The photographer must have been roaming around trying to catch a meaningful pic and it happened to stumble upon the kid who seeing the camera upon her, thought was a weapon and raised her hands up. It takes less then a sec to take a picture like that. That's how I see it. I don't think was planed.

In the words of the photographer Osman Sağırlı who took the pic:

“I was using a telephoto lens and she thought it was a weapon,” Mr Sağırlı recounted. “İ realised she was terrified after I took it, and looked at the picture, because she bit her lips and raised her hands. Normally kids run away, hide their faces or smile when they see a camera.”

So basically he didn't plan to take such picture.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
*Dislcaimer*

The following could also be propaganda!!!

*End Disclaimer*

Now wthout wanting to rain on the parade...

A reverse image search says this is Adi Hudea, a 4 yr old boy...

As to what exactly happened as this photo was taken, or the story behind the photo, nothing's been verified for sure. However, a Turkish report identifies the child as Adi Hudea, and claims the little boy fled from the Syrian war, along with his family, finding refuge in a Turkish camp where this photo was taken back in 2012.

Syrian propaganda has been strong for a long time...

Just be wary!
edit on 31-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

I get no pleasure taking away the sentiment...

But a little tip...

Always RIS (reverse image search) anything coming out of Syria!!!

Turkish translation from Google.
Quite atrocious attempt, missed a couple capital letters and it jumbled up a bit.

Adi Hudea, 4 years old currently faces a deteriorating.

Squeeze the air between the lower lip of the foreign fighter raises his hands.

Just that stays in place without a word.

The machine itself is not rectified photography easier than ever to comfort the child from the arms zanna.

Lost his father at Hama bombardment of career.

His mother and brother of syria turkey atmen end of the nerve to the sheltering camp.

Better translation...

"Face of a sudden declines. Squeeze the lower lip between his teeth gently raises his hands in the air. Where it stays like that without a word .

His arms to comfort the child who thinks the camera is not at all easy rectified .

Name Hudea, then 4 years old ... yet lost his father in the bombing at Hama . Syrian mother and three brothers have taken refuge in camps on the border with Turkey atmen . "

Edit: Now with all that said, it's not very easy to find an RIS going back before January...
Despite the claims its from 2012.

Turkey say boy, alleged photographer says girl...
Semantics anyways...

Looks like both mention mistaken "arms" as in weaponry (maybe).

Syria is devastating.

May Allah bless them.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
And to think that the Harper government just yesterday voted to up their mission by beginning bombing raids in Syria. Poor little children like her who have little chance to grow up without serious mental scarring. What a convoluted bloody mess we've made of our world.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That's absolutely heartbreaking.

If ever we needed proof that war effects the most vulnerable time and time again.

Why do we keep letting them get away with it?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

How about humans have compassion rather than "allah" blessing a child that has clearly not been blessed by any god.

I wish people would stop using gods as their scape-goats... screw allah and god for allowing this to happen...

Since the gods obviously won't do anyting, we should ignore or discard them and focus on pulling ourselves out of our own mess rather than wishing aimlessly for "things to be better"...

Humans need to take personal responsibility and have compassion for one another, and as long as there's a perceived "higher power" we will never get there...

...gods create conflict, they don't end it.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
yuo guys will beleive anything.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join