It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What comes next for the human race?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Countless films in recent years are about the death of Earth. Wall-E, Oblivion, Elysium, Edge of Tommorow, World War Z, Interstellar, etc etc.
Where in order to live a better life, we must leave Earth. Some view these movies as a simple "wake-up" campaign by the Hollywood elite.

In reality, our world seems to have no threat. Terrorism always seems to be fake or funded by our own government. Natural disasters seem to occur everywhere besides any well-off populated city in America. We can all agree racism is still alive, but hardly strong enough to kill over unless provoked by mainstream media. Technology is great but we would never let it get out of control like we see in movies. Eventually all this overload of technology will no longer be practical. Sickness is everywhere, but never serious enough to whipe us out. Crime is bad but these would be the same people that would fight against the government in a revolution. Nuclear threat is always present, but all races seem to get along fine when thrust together. It is only on television and through the mouths of propaganda spewing news channels that racial problems between nations can be provoked.

So earth has no real imminent threat, as many Hollywood movies are pretending we do. No planet of the apes, no godzilla, no zombies, aliens, wormholes in space, dust storms, anarchy, revolution etc. None of that is going on.

Humans on earth right now, are smart enough to grow crops and livestock for sustained food and then reproduce themselves to extend our race. We could do this forever on limited technology.

But there has to be a threat. Something must come next. If it is not natural, it will be artificial and planned by the people who run this world. They always have something planned for the human race. It will have to bad, only then do humans make a jump in evolution. It could be anything. But i guarantee it will be life changing, cause a lot of deaths and require survival. We will be pushed to our limits.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: southtower

Since 1945 Nazi and other scientists have been working feverishly to set up world wide technological domination and control and they have toys beyond your wildest imagination,yes there is a threat coming that will make this place a living hell, enjoy the hiatus before it all comes on line

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

It is beyond our imagination...

We cannot think of what is next, because it does not exist in our reality, it makes no sense to us. That is what I see as being something that can and will BE a threat to all of mankind and the planet.. You do not think that something in the universe exists, that can be a threat to Mankind all the animal kingdoms and the planet itself?

You thread is just a little vain, if you ask me, you write as if you understand all the universe and it's reality...

For instance at any minute moment from now perhaps something can effect the electrons all around us in the atmosphere that effect our nervous system ALL of them in vertebrates and say it end our lung functions...

Oh and lets just say a hundreds of years from now a alien civilization comes here digs up our bones and discovers a pulsar, from some dead sun that died 10,000 years ago hit Earth and that is what effected our extinction.. LOL

Oh and now Aligators are on top of the food chain etc..

Mankind knows nothing, about the universe when it comes to understanding it..

Let alone mankind knows nothing ABOUT the planet he lives on when it comes to understanding it...

Meh

edit on b242015-03-30T20:24:40-05:00America/Chicago33176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think we'll be ok, whilst we exterminate ourselves over religion and borders....keeps the pesky population numbers down.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I don't really care...

I have enough real life problems to to keep in check, to bother with trying to figure out what the next world wide problem for mankind will be to be honest..

If and when it happens there is nothing we can do about it, anyhow..

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

The OP in his assumed encompassing look is avoiding the most pressing item that all major media and governments avoid or minimize, and that is the failing nuclear energy plants that are getting lined up to kill us AND the planet if we don't start paying attention. Many of the items he mentioned are second-rate in terms of our pulling ourselves along the way forward, but the increasing problem of Fukushima is totally out of control! No remedy is in sight for it. Japan, as a nation is living on borrowed time by lying about the situation. Given a nuclear exchange or a couple of other complete failures of the now hundreds of nuke power facilities around the world and we are edging closer to not having a future. But no one seems to care very much. Not the OP, most people, most officials public and private, or most governments.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Never really understood why people constantly freak out about these doomday scenarios. I mean, no one gets out alive anyway. Its like when people tell me that cigarettes will kill me, I just can't help but say, "yeah, like you won't get your day mate". Seriously though, I should be so lucky to inhabit this earth at the exact time when the inevitable happens and it all hits the fan, just to get to witness how it all unfolds.

It would be nice to think we could all start working together for the one cause of ensuring the long term survival of humankind. But to be brutally honest, I have no faith we ever will.
edit on 30-3-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Asteroid.
OR
Solar flare.

These are the only two things that aren't just speculation, its scientific fact these events WILL occur.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

yep all things you have no control over...

Fukishima is a big disaster, it is a damn nightmare, I know more about that disaster than many I assume, since indeed not very many people are talking about it, or the leaking contaminated water spilling into the soil and into the aquifers I would presume by now.. Sure that sucks indeed, fission is a big risk always has been but hey it is clean energy, right.....

Now it is a environmental nightmare, cancer will be rampant in Japan in a few years you can also only assume nuclear waste is pouring into the pacific at a unprecedented rate, but no one is allowed to go and inspect this area, and the world seems to not give a care about it...

I mean we went over Fukishima, for months here back when it was all going down, I think most who discussed this here sadly accepted the fact it was screwed up and will kill allot of people for years and years, and their is really nothing we can do about it..

Then we went on with our lives, good times, and bad times etc. Most of us are still here... Pissing and moaning it seems on ats..

edit on b322015-03-30T21:32:04-05:00America/Chicago33176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I think catastrophism is a laudable feature of the human condition. It may very well be the reason we spread far and wide across the globe.

Embrace the idiocy, it's all in good fun. At the very least, having been worn down with incessant false doom claims, people are less and less vulnerable to sophistry.

Indeed, it may be the impetus for our occupation of the solar system. Something we can all agree is a necessary step for the human race.
edit on 30-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

In all my time on the net I would of seen 10000 prophecies of doom,destruction,biblical wrath and other sums of our fears so far there is a 100 percent track record of total innacuracy,then you see those that get carried away with apocalyptic mindsets the Jim Jone's,the David Koresh's,Aum Supreme truth well they all proved the axiom what you expect you get they all had their apocalypse....and the rest of the world went merrily on its way the lesson there is dont spend to much cognitive thought on doom and evil or you might just attract it.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

What comes next for the human race?

......Extinction

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
A virus will kill us all before we get off the planet. How are those antibiotics working? What?!?1 Another resistant strain?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Read about ocean basalt composition and plate tectonic subduction. Methane vents are the buzz topic in the Atlantic seabeds, but Nitrogen concentrations are released in the subduction zones, which in their natural compound form are non threatening, but when mixed with radioactive seawater...hmmm...look it up. Why is this important? Phytoplankton thrive off of Nitrogen, which displaces the Oxygen in seawater, killing most sea life. Now, couple plate subduction with volcanic eruptions under water, like in the Pacific Ring of Fire, add radioactive seawater, well...the Pacific Ocean sea life dies, phytoplankton thrive, N levels spike, evaporate into atmosphere, the sky appears more and more orange and red over time due to increase of Nitrogen in lower atmosphere...sound familiar? Some say The Book of Revelation describes a prolonged event of those reactions...major earthquakes, fire in the sky, the sun turns black, the moon red, 1/3 worlds water turns toxic, sea life dying. Famine, disease, pestulance, war, a Mountain or Star striking the Earth in an ocean...All the best of the worst doom and gloom.

Fukishima's radioactive waste water interacting with subducted ocean basalt and volcanic vents underwater...not good, especially when the area known for highest basalt Nitrogen concentration on Earth, that is releasing in above normal rates just happens to be SE of Japan about 300-600 miles out.

A cocktail of shtf scenarios one after another, compounding each other is what will do us in, just like the Dinos...they weren't the first, won't be the last.

However, maybe Earth will spare us and heal differently than before, but when the balance gets even a little off, most life doesn't survive the rebalances, which are what keeps our blue paradise kicking out life. Maybe humans will live to see our mistakes painted over into the next masterpiece, hopefully enough of us to survive in another New World.

There is beauty and harmony in that scenario, but first comes the pain of rebirth. How many cultures believe the world has been reborn over and over, by many different events of reorder and balance? I think we all know it is coming, just a matter of time.

BTW, wasn't there an article recently about phytoplankton surviving in space on some space station, or satellite...? Death by radioactive seawter feeding space hearty phytoplankton...seriously folks...space phytoplankton wipes us out in a weird doom and gloom domino fall? Just kidding about the alien phytoplankton, kind of...I mean, come on...phytoplankton able to survive in space! Humans need to get with this survival game, we are behind the curve.

edit on 30-3-2015 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2015 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
A virus will kill us all before we get off the planet. How are those antibiotics working? What?!?1 Another resistant strain?

Antibiotics aren't useful against viruses anyway and the strains of resistant bacteria are a challenge only to the presumption that we are in control of our biology which we are not.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Antibiotics aren't useful against viruses anyway and the strains of resistant bacteria are a challenge only to the presumption that we are in control of our biology which we are not.

I know. I was throwing things out there that will kill us before we evolve.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I would say that such things are in fact the very things that cause us to evolve.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I would say that such things are in fact the very things that cause us to evolve.

I guess that's a good way to get rid of the weak. Nature is a stinker!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You can't have it both ways.

Either biological organisms evolve through natural selection or they are designed.

Designed organisms all share the same caveats and weaknesses and are thus susceptible to the same pathogens en masse.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

You can't have it both ways.

Either biological organisms evolve through natural selection or they are designed.

Designed organisms all share the same caveats and weaknesses and are thus susceptible to the same pathogens en masse.

Well the weak die first. Then the strong won't be far behind. The bacteria is also evolving. Look at all the animal and aquatic mass die offs. Those are the canary in the coal mine. I don't have to be a doctor or a biologist. I can see the signs.
edit on 30-3-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join