It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of the Walking Dead (The Walking Dead spinoff)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I wonder are the people who are jazzed about this spin off Jazzed and excited because its zombies or jazzed because its apart of the walking dead universe?

I know that anything zombies people love and go gaga for unconditionally

example the show called I-zombie

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Both for me.

I love the Walking Dead, so can't wait to see the same team do it with a different cast, different setting, and at the time of the outbreak.

For iZombie, it's a neat take on the genre. Basically, it's really a disguised crime procedural, just with the twist that the insight comes from eating a victim's brain and getting memories.

It isn't unconditional. These shows just do it well. There are plenty of other zombie shows that just don't do it for me, and I'm a big zombie fan anyhow. But these two are the only zombie shows I watch. (there are a few reality shows that use the concept, but not well).

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Appreciate the heads up, big Walking Dead fan here. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

No problem. I can't wait until it comes out. I hope it's as good as the original show.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Me too SM, It's all about casting the right people to play the characters, cause I have faith in Kirkland's writing style. This is great news my friend. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64

I will check it out, I do watch the walking dead but honestly I don't like how they tell the story and character development. Maybe this will be different.

Yeah, its like they have a cookie cutter drama template that says insert sci-fi teaser here.

Just about every new series that calls themselve sci-fi is really a drama series with a dab of sci fi. There needs to be a new genre for this cr@p or perhaps a sci-fi level, lol .

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Pretty much any genre though, isn't it?

If you mean really pure sci-fi, like Star Trek, even then, you'll see the earmarks of drama there...

The genre is all about the setting, not whether a drama, comedy, or horror, etc. All of which can still be sci-fi.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Well thoughts anyone?.
I thought it started slow but the second episode...
Wow I think it really is capturing how it would be If SHTF.
Scary.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Agreed

The first episode was slow, however, it was important for character development. The second ones pace did pick up quite a bit. I wish that they had showed more of the hell breaking loose outside of the store. Seemed a bit too claustrophobic. I believe that was their intent.

I'm sure they'll show more as the story unfolds...

edit on 31-8-2015 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Watched it last nite, and SLOW is an understatement.

Talk about absolutely BORING.

Still gonna give it a few more episodes, but they better pick it up, and nix the 'druggie' who was just imagining things.

I rate the first episode with a BLAH.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I have to agree with Neo here (WHAT??!!?), I found the first two episodes of this new series a little boring. I just remember watching the first episode of The Walking Dead, and it really got me hooked. This one, meh, not so much.

I thought the whole first season of TWD was killer.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I sick of zombies and I'm sick of bacon. I'm also sick of cat pictures.

People really beat things to death.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Double post!

edit on 31-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I sick of zombies and I'm sick of bacon. I'm also sick of cat pictures.

People really beat things to death.

Then you'll really hate Extinction.

Ice zombies!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I've seen the both aired episodes now.
So far I can't decide between my two nick names for the show
"Fear the boring dead"
or
"Gilbert Grape Vs The Walking Dead"

I hope it gets better. So far it's an urban version of "The walking dead" season two farm episodes.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mash3d

I like West coast Zombies versus the East Coast Zombies.

I really hope it gets better too.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I just got to watch this. I agree with some posters, it's kind of slow so far. That said, I don't think an outbreak like that would be put the show on the level of The Walking Dead. In that show, the zombie uprising or whatever you want to call it is in full swing. In Fear The Walking Dead, it's the beginning. You'd think there would be a few random encounters and that it would be slow until more and more people are killed and more walkers are created so that their numbers are large enough to over run the military and cities. I like the show so far.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Interesting show for sure!!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So far, I'm not feeling it, but willing to give it a little time.

Just hard to root for these characters....the dad's a wuss, the mom's the only one growing on me...the junkie should just be left for dead, and the daughter is basically window dressing.

I find myself instead wanting to know what happened to the kid on the bus, the one who actually had a clue.

I'm actually surprised we saw zombies so soon. I figured it'd be more about the civil unrest and uncertainty.

It's also pretty shocking that they KNOW what's going on, and yet still haven't taken good steps to survive.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thanks FWD, for finally speeding it up on the last episode. @@
edit on 4-10-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join