It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of the Walking Dead (The Walking Dead spinoff)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I just saw something that might be of interest to all of you The Walking Dead fans. They're making a spin off of the show. It takes place in L.A. the in the same time period that the regular show is going on. I think that this will be interesting because with The Walking Dead the zombie apocalypse is already well under way. This new show explores the outbreak as it's actually happening. I think it's going to be great. What about you? Do you think it will be good or do you think it will bomb?

The new zombie series takes viewers to the west coast for two seasons, executive produced by Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and David Alpert. It’s a prequel that catches up to “The Walking Dead”.

Included on this site is a trailer for the show. It's short but looks cool.

Link

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

As long as they don't have the off putting"drama" that the original series has, I may look into it.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I will check it out, I do watch the walking dead but honestly I don't like how they tell the story and character development. Maybe this will be different.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

That to

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I just wish they came up with a better name than "fear the walking dead" already sounds cheesy but maybe I am being a debby downer lol

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Exactly, I want to see zombies and survival scenarios, not baby daddy drama which cause me to quit watching the show to begin with. There was more zombie action and less drama on Jerry Springer.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

Yeah they should make them all tanned and either on rollerskates or driving a Prius. Lol
edit on 30-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

zombies on roller skates would be extremely entertaining to watch lol

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Those poor people out there won't have any guns either. (this could turn into a great thread for anti-California political statements)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Wow. I have never watched an episode of 'the walking dead'. It just seems to b such a trendy thing. I have a friend and he/she says it's cool.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Haha man thanks for both of those laughs!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

zombies on roller skates would be extremely entertaining to watch lol

And they could use the theme to rawhide.

edit on 30-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

No problem glad you enjoyed. But did you consider how ironic it was Bluejacket thanking a Greathouse?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Character development is necessary, it can't be all action.

I think TWD has kept the drama out pretty well, out side of whole rick and shane and lori think there hasn't been to much.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Could be interesting.

Bit worried it might be the "Deep Space 9" of the franchise though.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mister_Bit

In other words, awesome?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It would be great to see a cameo of Kim Kardashian as a zombie. Bruce Jenner too , what with his parts falling off and all

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Zombies in LA? Zombies need functional brains. You could kill off all the walkers in one season.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So true. The thing with Rick, Shane, and Lori had to be dealt with. They given Rick up for dead and developed a relationship and here he is alive. I saw it as keeping it real. Things aren't just going to go back to "normal" with everyone.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I see a lot of comments complaining about drama on the show. I see it as character development. They're trying to portray them as real people. Their lives have fallen apart and each is trying to wrestle with their inner demons while also trying to survive the best they can and hold onto the part of themselves that's still human. It can't be all killing. There has to be something more. Also, with any group of people you're going to have interactions between members. I like how they get into the group dynamics. One thing that I liked about the first season is the episode called Guts. Right before they chopped the zombie up Rick took out its wallet so they could all see the driver's license. He was saying, "Look, this was a human being just like us." All in all, I like the show. I think it's great how the explore the human side of the zombie apocalypse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join