It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The misconception of Telepathy, a needed thread..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Thanks for dropping by Unity, and sharing your experience

One telepathic "game" I played with a friend, who lives in Puerto Rico, was a "guess what I'm thinkin'".

We were connecting via Facebook, and I said let's practice our connection mentally. .. I'm thinking of a fruit to eat, what is it?

At this point; the projector would still mental feed, visualize ..say grapes, eating grapes. Then "push"that visual/mental projection at intended person (Mr. Puerto rico)..

He confirmed my mental projection 5/5

Then we switched roles, he projects, I receive. We hit 3/3.

So 8/8 being thousands of miles apart, is pretty cool confirmation for me

I find telepathy works best with people you are connected with in balanced states of mind/heart.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

It’s not a waste of space if people read our understanding and make use of it. Besides, its healthy to have one’s own ideas tested, especially when you have zero evidence for your theory.

You say you think you are more than 4 limbs, a head and 5 senses, but what you are claiming is actually less-than 4 limbs, a head and 5 senses. It’s so small you cannot even show it to me. It’s so small you do not know where it resides. You cannot touch it. It’s basically invisible and shares the same properties with nothing. You are less than the body. That is what you want to be and are telling us everyone is.

You are smaller, infinitely smaller, than the body. You share the same properties as nothing. You cannot do anything. You cannot reveal yourself.

How does a non-physical mind interact with a physical body? Cartesian dualism went the way of the dodo bird many years ago by not being able to answer this simple question.

Now to argue that because most people believe something, it must be true, is fallacious. Most people also believed the earth was flat for thousands and thousands of years. Obvious reasons...right. Says the person without a single obvious reason to show. So don’t play stupid.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Telepathy may be a part of our physical make up, that part that is getting more impossible to realize then utilize, what with living apart from nature.

Is telepathy possible?

What is clear is the brain and heart emit a tremendous amount of extremely low electromagnetic frequencies that are highly correlated to our emotional and functional condition. Thus, could humans really receive and interpret another’s emotional electromagnetic information?

For this to occur, we would need to identify a sensory organ that is able to capture these signals. New evidence suggests the pineal gland could be this sensory organ. In 2004, Dr. David Klein Chief of the Section on Neuroendocrinology at the NIH discovered that the interior of the pineal gland has retinal tissue composed of rods and cones (photoreceptors) lining just like the eye, and is even wired into the visual cortex of the brain. He also notes that it has vitreous fluid in it, like an eye does.

Now, it seems the scientific community needs more courage to follow this evidence wherever it may lead in the pursuit of the irreverent scientific truth that concerns the pineal gland’s role as a human sensory organ.

“The photoreceptors of the retina strongly resemble the cells of the pineal gland”. Dr. David Klein, Science Daily

For an expanded view on human senses, see: The pineal gland, magnetoception and introducing the Resonance: Beings of Frequency documentary film

www.criticalshadows.com...

We are not going to be able to operate our Spaceship Earth successfully nor for much longer unless we see it as a whole spaceship and our fate as common. It has to be everybody or nobody. – R. Buckminster Fuller

www.criticalshadows.com...

www.emfsolutions.ca...
edit on 31-3-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Your arguments are so weak... the dodo bird? What the heck does that have to do with the human mind...

What does size have to do with anything either? Your trying to tell me how insignificant I am because my thoughts aren't measured in 3D space?

I realize how small I am when I star gaze at nights. If the universe cared about size it wouldn't of made us lol.

Energy is within everything that lives. Big or small.

Thanks for helpful input, I hope people got a better understanding and use from your post

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Right, a few points there that you raised; (a) telepathy is possible -- and generally misconstrued -- and can be achieved through thought projection, (b) it must be developed for it to work (here you gave examples of atheists not trying and whatnot), (c) telepathy is innate or something similar. Just to touch on these points briefly, I fail to see how any of this establishes any evidence of causation, there appears to be a confusion between precedence (or temporal succession) and causation. Suppose someone is able to receive my thought if I intend to project it, this is about as much evidence of a causal relation as the following; suppose you see a bus stop at a clock tower everyday without fail at 8:00 PM and the clock tower's bell rings, this is only a matter of temporal succession and not causal relation.

No sensible person would admit to the bus causing the clock tower to ring. Similarly, if I thought of something and someone happens to receive this same thought, then this is not evidence of causation, even with any intent of trying to be 'telepathic'. In case (b) where it has to be developed to be noticeable, of course it is entirely possible that there could be an arbitrary occurrence of what appears to be 'telepathy', but this is not evidence of causation. It is simply a matter of probability. Of course, the final point (c) has about as much evidence for existing as does the 10 foot timeless being who threatens to eat my books every night.
edit on 3132015 by logical1ty because: Spelling error

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: logical1ty

The ethmoid bone in humans contains deposits of ferrous oxide that responds to electromagnetism. The brain is constantly emitting electromagnetic waves, and also constantly responding to electromagnetic waves.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Therefore, telepathy exists? Do you see how a conclusion like this in not deducible? It is plainly invalid.
edit on 31-3-2015 by logical1ty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: logical1ty

wow wow slow down, I was just pointing out some facts. Obviously not a sufficient "proof", but these observations indicate that it would be possible. You seem certain that it is not possible though, I would like to see your proof? If not you can step in the uncertain circle with me

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

originally posted by: Oannes
It is said that the language of the subconscious is symbols. This is what shamans used during there spirit journeys. The key that unlocks the door.

But you don't think in symbols, you think in what appears to be words.

Words are symbols.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Our wave aspects could be imprinted with our consciousness, be it a perspective of either particle or wave one still has a person.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

It is said that the language of the subconscious is symbols. This is what shamans used during there spirit journeys. The key that unlocks the door.

That doesn't apply to everyone, and as stated, words and language are symbols.

I just see it said by many that everyone thinks in words, but it is an incorrect assertion.

I can't fathom how limiting that must be.. Ironically

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

An over active mind will miss mental reception 9/10. Control your thought train, and relax the mind.

Agree 100%. Telepathic energies are very low so if your brain is noisy (constant brain chatter) its like trying to detect the flap of butterfly wings within a tornado. Just cannot be done.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

Words are symbols.

The statement "I am going" is not symbolic. Or "That's a funny smell" Many are not .

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications on Psi Research

The following is a selected list of downloadable peer-reviewed journal articles reporting studies of psychic phenomena, mostly published in the 21st century. There are also some important papers of historical interest and other resources. A comprehensive list would run into thousands of articles. Click on the title of an article to download it.

The international professional organization for scientists and scholars interested in psi phenomena is the Parapsychological Association, an elected affiliate (since 1969) of the AAAS, the largest general scientific organization in the world.

Commonly repeated critiques about psi, such as “these phenomena are impossible,” or “there’s no valid scientific evidence,” or “the results are all due to fraud,” have been soundly rejected for many decades. Such critiques persist due to ignorance of the relevant literature and to entrenched, incorrect beliefs. Legitimate debates today no longer focus on existential questions but on development of adequate theoretical explanations, advancements in methodology, the “source” of psi, and issues about effect size heterogeneity and robustness of replication.

This page is maintained by Dean Radin. Updated April 18, 2014.

Source

What is fallacious is that your mentality/perspective is on its way to becoming extinct. LM Chaos theory presents that in relation to random events, related to science being able to comprehend, effectively related to non-random events.

And due to in effect what is the very essence in structure to Nature (Chaos Theory).

Atheism is Stupid.
edit on 31-3-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Clearly LM I am looking forward to your response.

Any thoughts?

edit on 31-3-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I am able to project thoughts words emotions anything at people and they will receive them deciding on how ive chosen.

I can directly make people recite what I am thinking without them knowing it.

I can ask anything animal person tree to do something and it is done.

The only thing is, If I do it too much it gets so powerful it scares others quite badly , and I can get so "excited" that in the past had to refrain from contact with people for several kilometers just to regain control so everyone is not controlled by my general mood.

Telepathy, is not a good enough word for what some of us can do, we have taken it to levels that make most things in movies and TV laughably weak, and that is really interesting.

If necessary, we can change EVERYTHING.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

What were those facts meant to conclude? If you were just pointing out facts arbitrarily then there were no need for them. Neither do those observations as you put it, conclude that telepathy is even possible because there is no ground for them to be inferred from those premises, it is plainly invalid. Also, to straw man my argument is not conducive to any progress, I never claimed certainty (nor that is was not possible in the logical sense), that was what the poster of the thread claimed, the onus of proof is on him and not me. I took the sceptical position by merely demonstrating that the initial points of the thread were erroneous, there was a mistaken conflation of precedence and causation.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

How do you nurture this ability?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Finally a reasonable question regarding the OP!

As I stated a trained mind can use the telepathic ability more naturally.. an undeveloped faculty leaves the human.. with lack of mental awareness and ability.

Quite obvious I'm sure..

To develop the mind, I belive one must practice stilling thoughts as I've talked about in previous threads.

To BE, without thinking or urging to think. Having a still mental, no train of thought, no mental projection.

It's a type of mental meditation I suppose; one can learn and "play" with the mind when it is under control. By control, thoughtless in a sense. No mental chatter.

When you csn attain this mental state of clarity and calmness; you can begin practicing and developing mental abilities and skills.

For instance; creating geometry in your mind, rotating it, flip it, go inside and outside of it. This is mental training 101 exercises.

Go from shaoes/geometry to created houses, parks, vehicles whatever your into, mentally created with shape and color.

Such mental practices will bring your mind in more balanced states, especially in perception of self and external reality. When ripe, telepathy will be naturally understood, but then it's something else you have to train and work with.

You can practice with love one, family member, friend, pet... just as I said previously in this thread; clear the mind, mentally visualize, mentally project to said subject (who you want to communicate with).

The mind which is harnessed in the brain; is like any muscle in the body. It doesn't get bigger or stronger unless trained and fed correctly.

How does one feed the mind?

Colorful thoughts of course

If you want more mental trainings and Telepathic development, Google will offer many sources specifically for thst

Or U2U me friend, be well.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

Words are symbols.

The statement "I am going" is not symbolic. Or "That's a funny smell" Many are not .

Written words are symbols that represent a sound (the spoken aspect), and the the thing the word references. Likewise, the spoken word is a symbol that represents the written word--and the thing the word references.

The statements "I am going" and "that's a funny smell" are symbols that convey meaning. I think the confusion comes from the fact that languages are symbols that convey direct meaning (clear definitions), as opposed to a symbol that conveys abstract, or indirect meaning (like a countries flag and everything it implies).

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join