It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Good Will of Surviving

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This thread is a social reminder, if and when SHTF scenario breaks out.

There will be alot of scared families and peoples who will not understand or know how to act, upon such a realistic scenario.

The main point of this thread is to remind and tell the people who are not prepared or mentally versed for hell on Earth; that people as myself have your back if need be.

There are really good people who care not only of their families, pets and self, but of other human beings and their families as well.

The scale of the prophetic event that seems to be on the horizon, is globally massive. We are talking world war 3, which have already started out semi-subtly.

There are men and women as myself; who have a game plan, mental preperation, internal balance, protective gear and defensive weapons, armor, and knowledge of landscape, wilderness, agriculture and health.

I have multiple aeroponic garden systems, and always encourage friends or family to obtain such and learn to grow themselves, closing the gap of self sustainability.

I have many blades, my family have guns (I refuse guns), I have a keen-obedient dog and a guard dog 110lbs. Gear for every season, survival gear, ballistic vest, huge stock on bottle water and lighters, mechanical camp fires and filter systems, camp equipment, and sleeping material.

The point is; for those who would panic or freak out and get lost in the chaos. . If such a person could relax, be trustworthy and cooperate, they can join my establishment, we will have your back no matter what.

Of course people will put self over others in a panic SHTF scenario, as is expected given societies current design.. but those who put service to others in an organized and cooperative structure, will survive and live together with highest survivability rate.

Cooperation and trust is most important in such dire times given our potential future outcome. And I am always thinking of how to be steps ahead of SHTF reality.

If there are any Canadians here reading who are like minded, honest and cooperative with survival knowledge and will, feel free to U2U me and exchange email addresses.

Survival is in numbers not division. Chaos will always win if cooperation is absent and ego clouds the minds of the people.

Stay true to self and your people; in the possible case of world War three, remember there are people who may need you or you may need them. Put differences aside and learn to accept the different spectrums of humans.

Each other is all we have left in this world, its the only way we prosper as a species, the reason Our species is still 7 billion large - we work together.

Don't allow expected chaos to freeze your Will power and bring unbalance of those you are connected too.

We can talk about all the techniques and skills it takes to survive; but without cooperation and honesty, there is no surviving alone.

Be your Will, be vigilant, be cooperative, be alive.

May our species overcome the unfortunate future it faces. .

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I recall after a tornado touched down in my small city neighbourhood, many men (young and old) ventured first out into the middle of the street to assess the situation, with women and children following after it was determined to be safe. From that experience, I have no doubt, that we should band together to deal with whatever comes our way, as well as working together for the protection and survival of everyone. Those of us with survival knowledge can simply pass the techniques along, so everyone can pitch in and do what is necessary.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

When people can no longer feed or shelter themselves or loved ones......Everything you said is pie in the sky. Feel good sounds good on paper but in real life means nothing.

You wanna see what it will look like.......Watch the movie The Road. Will some people show empathy and compassion......Yes. Will they survive very long in a world were food is scarce.......NO. And before you go saying thinking like mine causes this.....Ya right. I see the big picture and if the past is in indication of the future I am right on the money.

Fear and love are the two strongest motivators in the world. When you break it all down you always find these two root reasons behind peoples actions.
edit on 30-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

You think a Hollywood movie is anything close to realistic? Every scene is scripted son.

Believe what you want guy, I already have family and friends and even strangers I haven't met in person yet who are willing to cooperate in such scenarios.

Obviously by the sounds of things you will be in the midst of chaos, enduring it with no hope

What you see in your limited mind and what is to be Experienced in reality, are parallel friend.

Thanks for input. .

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Thank you for reading and inputting inthelight.

Cooperation will always defeat division..

Be well

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Believe what I want.....What sounds more realistic. History proves what I am saying correct and no amount of feel good pie in the sky truths can change it.

Also you mention the road not being realistic.....Have you seen this movie. I am willing to bet you have not and just like this entire post you assume you know how things will be.....Right. Truth be told I hope you are right and things are peachy and happy......It wont be.

And by the way calling people "son" show a lack of maturity. Only young immature people tend to talk like that.
edit on 30-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
a reply to: InTheLight

Thank you for reading and inputting inthelight.

Cooperation will always defeat division..

Be well

I would think that most people would be readily accept a modern tribal way of survival for mutual benefit.

Tribes are the most enduring and successful social survival system that has ever existed on earth. Tribes can exist within or without a state or kingdom and may or may not depend on the state or kingdom to endure.

psychology.wikia.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Thought about it a little while longer.....I hope you are right I really do. Good tends to triumph over evil for a reason evil will always tear itself apart. This is why anarchy does not rule the day.

You might be right.....I hope you are.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I like to consider myself as in the same catagory, and yet, I have a cynical suspicion that it is not the nicest people that would have the highest chance at survival.

I've read "The Road", as well as other post-apocalyptic fictions, and as much as I can say a collectivist action could increase ones chances of survival, the problems with it are also evident. The series The Walking Dead" deals with this problem- how to know who is a "good guy" and who isn't, in a context in which quick reaction is necessary (in the case that the other is not a good guy) ?

Your dogs may be great protection, but the guy with a gun is no match for them, even if they are very big.
To a starving person, taking the time to figure out whether you'd share voluntarily may not be worth the risk, compared to just killing you and taking all of what you have for their self.

Nobody would want to band together with a loser either- observing that you can be merciless against potential threats would be important, to gain their loyalty- being nice with everyone might be perceived as being weak and naive.

I don't know, it's all theory for the moment, and I really would love to see peoples coming together to support each other.
But I just doubt it would be so simple.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I don't rely on my dogs for protection lol! More for security alarm, the protection lies in my blades, mind, and willingness to talk things outIke humans.

If things go south, there isn't a battle I'm going to back out of, as it would be myself and those I care for in jeopardy. The rest of my people have guns so I'll be ok.

I'm not afraid to take bullet or die for anyone; but I'm not dumb enough to let chaos affect collective sustainability either.

Without cooperation we fail. That's the truth.

Don't remember calling this SHTF scenario simple, but it will take the right people to make it work.

Any hungry, chaotic and threatening people's. ..is not enough to scare me or override anything I we work collectively to establish.

They will be putting themselves in harms way if anything... it's a very serious matter to me; but one that takes balanced people and cooperation.

By the sounds of things, society and holy wood have gotten to some people's head a bit too much..

Humanity in general is not that chaotic, though people pushing a common parallel perception want you to think otherwise. .. my advice get out more and see for yourself.

Everything is fine... the controllers are painting the accepted perceptions and given scenarios on the world stage.

There are many good people, good is NOT synonymous with passive.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Thought about it a little while longer.....I hope you are right I really do. Good tends to triumph over evil for a reason evil will always tear itself apart. This is why anarchy does not rule the day.

You might be right.....I hope you are.

Appreciate that my friend, spoken like a real man

Take care and be vigilant in these crazy times

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist

Humanity in general is not that chaotic, though people pushing a common parallel perception want you to think otherwise. .. my advice get out more and see for yourself.

Okay, thanks for offering your advice! LOL!

I've been outside and around a bit, I've known Hollywood intimately, and now I live in a rural area, where we have become "preppers", and have our caves stocked, and our tools ready.....

I did learn that in rural areas there is much more sense of collective force- people get together to help each other build their barns and homes, to work on fences or walls, slaughter and preparation of meat....because we are often prone to problems like being snowed in or without electricity, we depend upon each other.

On the other hand, that same interdependence creates a "us" vs. "others" mentality- there is not the same sort of "equality in a world of individuals" that you find in more urban areas. Newcomers are tested and challenged, tourists are not welcome. God, even I found myself growling about foreigners that come up here to hike, and don't know how to drive safely on this mountain road, or stay off your property. I was surprised at my own growing sense of collective identity here.

I don't think humans are "chaotic" (or maybe I just don't know what you mean by that). I think humans are complex, but a big part of who we are is social animals. We have innate senses for survival, that include a social structure of hierarchy, rules and boundries, and a willingness to protect ourselves and whoever we identify with as "our tribe" against outsiders.
Who is a friend and who is a foe is all subject to the perception of the individual.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Meh when TSHTF, it will be a free for all. Social civility will not occur like the tv or books, I will give you credit thou for being creative on ats.. Those that survive will be those that do either what they were trained or taught themselves to do, or the ones who are lucky..

even not all of them will survive. Shock will not effect as many BAD people as you think. Not to mention what do you think will happen to the MILLIONS of prisoners WORLDWIDE by the way?

I am pretty sure there is some form of protocol to exterminate high level prisoners I believe in the states if something catastrophic occurred....

MANKIND is violent by nature, and it is one of his instincts he used to evolve, He will do the same if he had to start all over again....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I used to think the same.

A community built on trust and cooperation but after a few really bad life experiences I'm afraid I would probably shoot first and ask questions second... and I'm passive by nature.

Sad thing is, I just don't trust any body these days, no matter how close and if it came down to me or them... I choose me.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Just have to be in the right place to build the community.

While it's not a true shtf scenario... I've seen people react in ways I never expected after massive tornadoes flattened a town, or ice storms left everyone without power.

People helping each other, people taking strangers in off the street to make sure they survived the night... People giving the shirt off their back to help folks in need.

Maybe oklahoma Is just weird... But i think in some regions of the us you would see more people gather together for saftey and shelter, than going lone wolf.

Just my opinion that and about 5 bucks will get you a cup of coffee.
edit on 30-3-2015 by Irishhaf because: Fricking auto correct

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Appreciate this dialogue friend

I've lived downtown cities, outskirts, country side, urban and boonies.. I've found very cooperative and like minded people, everywhere.

Even in other countries I've traveled too, many are aware of impending doom via possible war scenario, who agree sticking together, establishing a community, is the way to go.

I have foreign people committed to meet up if need be, in the SHTF scenario. Most I never met! Does that make me cautious? Certainly, but I'm not going to judge anyone until an experience for impression happens.

Of course there are people who want to harm others, take what they have. The OP was clear who this thread was for..

I do relate to this .. "us vs others" mentality, as it's caution who you can trust, share and live with. Usually intuition will guide who to be with and who to avoid. But there are many ways to tell.

I'm seriously not worried about the humans who will cause harm or threat. Not worried for good reason, they need my help not the other way around. If I was worried I wouldn't make this thread with confidence!

Regardless, a community armed and versed in human experience, vs a few people or individuals with negative intent
.. the outsiders are a little out numbered, and out gunned

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If you want a real world example, look at the accounts of those who survived the Bosnian wars. While banding together is a necessity, and most folks will still try and be decent people....when food and water are scarce, and there is no recognized authority or penalty, some will become nothing more than scared and starved animals, capable of acts they ordinarily would never do.

To ignore this is to do so at your own peril. (and it's the reason preppers arm up). No matter what the scenario, other survivors are both our biggest resource, AND, our biggest threat.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Some of the men in our town have a plan, it includes the survival of the whole town. It includes food, shelter, water, security, medicine. Those who don't want to pull their weight will be more than welcome to leave.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The thing about a SHTF scenario is that it usually entails a widespread competitive pressure to survive which causes an intact government with massive resources being overrun by desperate people, OR that government bringing unreasonable and overwhelming force to bear on people who aren't part of their plan.

If enough people to form a functioning community have come to you, that means one of two things: either similar people have already picked the bones of much larger more powerful benefactors, or somebody will be coming to blow them up shortly.

There is the potential for a "reboot" endgame scenario wherein community building does become necessary, and there are more limited disasters in which redundant community infrastructure, which includes planning in advance between prepared people, could be necessary to prevent the initial breakdown of the system (a Katrina-like scenario for example).

However, between those two ends of the spectrum, there is a wide range of potential temporary widespread instability in which the most survivable strategy is probably to hide out of the way, make your reserves last and not divide whatever you can acquire, and assess the larger trend among surrounding people until they demonstrate that they are moving back towards order.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

in which the most survivable strategy is probably to hide out of the way,

Totally agree, at least for a certain initial period.

However, there will reach a point where things calm down a bit, and things like trade can happen once again.
That said, those threats won't have gone away, just that as our ancestors did, we would form bigger and bigger communities for mutual defense and support.

<<   2 >>

join