It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid of Baal Pit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Seems there's a humongous slag heap next to St Austell. That's unsurprising, and if ever you've been there then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. If you're getting ideas, forget condoms because you'll be needing a hazmat! Anyway, there's a bright green pool next to the pyramid which I'm guessing has something to do with the local youths' staple diet, Apple Sourz. That pool is called "Baal Pit", and this time I'm being serious.

Baal? Pyramids? Okay, that's kinda weird. And... it's 400 four centuries years old.

edit on 29th March 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

I might be a little slow tonight because I'm tired but I don't understand what this is about. Is it made of mining waste? I saw on your link that people want it protected from development. Is it in danger of being destroyed? If so, I can understand their outrage. Seeing something you've known your whole life destroyed is horrible. It's like having a piece of your past of yourself erased.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I see this is in the joke forum. What's the punchline? I don't get it.

I'm not trying to be snide. I just feel like I'm missing something.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

While I was reading a thread about pyramids I thought of this because I always wondered what it was when I saw it from a distance. Yeah, it's from clay quarries I think. There are a lot of defunct tin mines dating back to medieval times, although the last working mine went into administration only 18 months ago. There are remnants all over the county and some relics are iconic, like this example. Cornwall's history of mining is culturally important so it's often a topic down the pubs when jobs are scarce in the winter. As it is indeed under threat, there will be ostentatiousness (whatever that means) for and against.

I was making a joke about St Austell in particular - even the Cornish slag it off (pun intended). The thought of a "slag heap" in itself amused me enough, and given the location I just couldn't resist.

Ugh, my edit-fail in the OP totally meant "400 centuries old". Obviously.

edit on 30th March 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

This joke or put on invokes the old explanation, "You had to be there...."

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I hear ya. In other news...

Two mushrooms were frying in a pan. One turned to the other and said, "Freakin' hot in 'ere, ain't it?". The other replied, "Holy crap, a talking mushroom!".

top topics

join