It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Josh Earnest Slams John Boehner over Obama's Foreign Policy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Josh Earnest vs John Boehner!! My money is on Richard Engel of NBC News!

From Huffington Post:

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest on Sunday blasted House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) for criticizing the president's foreign policy without saying what he would do differently.

Earnest was responding to comments that Boehner made Thursday after Saudi Arabia began launching airstrikes against Houthi rebels in Yemen. The speaker said that the world wanted American leadership but that President Barack Obama is an "antiwar president" who has no overarching strategy to deal with terrorist threats.

"I will simply say that if John Boehner thinks that U.S. troops should be on the ground in Yemen fighting the Houthis, or that we should re-occupy Iraq, or that the United States should bomb Iran to prevent them from obtaining a nuclear weapon, then he should have the courage of his convictions to actually say so," Earnest said on ABC's "This Week."

The White House has said that the United States is providing intelligence support to the Saudi campaign, and Earnest said Sunday that the U.S. could best protect itself by working with international partners.

Bomb Iran? Hmmm....

Source

Josh Earnest needs to pay attention to Richard Engel of NBC News!

From Mediate:

NBC foreign correspondent Richard Engel criticized the Obama Administration’s foreign policy toward Iran on Friday, saying it seems “convoluted” and “incoherent” at best, given the fact that the U.S. seems to be contradicting itself in its support and opposition to Iran in a number of countries.

Engel explained how the U.S. is fighting both with and against Iran in Syria, which he said is “an incredibly convoluted dynamic.” He said that while the U.S. is negotiating with Iran over its nuclear program, it is supporting the fight against Iran in Yemen, where Iran-backed Houthi rebels recently forced out that country’s president and Saudi Arabia launched air strikes against them in retaliation.

“We’re fighting both with and against Iran in Syria, and fighting with Iran in Iraq,” Engel said. “There are many people who I’ve spoken to — many in the military, many policy analysts — who say that what we’re seeing here is an incoherent policy regarding not just Iran, but regarding the Middle East in general.”

Engel also said many in the military were “taken by surprise” when Saudi Arabia started bombing Yemen because they did not “consult extensively” with the U.S. military.

“Senior officials who would have been expected to know that there was going to be an operation in Yemen, they didn’t,” Engel added. “They were finding out about it almost in real time.”

Source

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Much focus on this website rightfully so on Obama's track record and weaknesses but if Obama is the worst President since Carter then Boehner should also be evaluated for his effectiveness to me hes about as effective as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Sounds like the jealous White House really over played this comment by Boehner.

Many people listening will actually believe what the White House said.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Boehner vs Obama equals Battle of the Duds.
They both suck.

Oh... and Josh Ernest. He is the guy that feeds us BS one spoonful at a time.
edit on bu312015-03-29T18:23:05-05:0006America/ChicagoSun, 29 Mar 2015 18:23:05 -05006u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Ultralight

Boehner vs Obama equals Battle of the Duds.
They both suck.

Oh... and Josh Ernest. He is the guy that feeds us BS one spoonful at a time.

I knew Josh "GOSH I am so Earnest" or "IM JOSHING YOU as seemingly Earnest" (what a perfect name for him) would loose it and slip up at some point (I hope Ed Henry of Fox News was listening in). He finally acted like the emotionally suppressed/STUNTED 11 year old he is (its time to remove ALL of the children from the Whitehouse sandbox its become).
edit on 29-3-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Obama is always 180 degrees from the right decision at the right time.
You can even cross "his red line" in a desert "scott-free"...ask Assad.

Why is every press spokesperson he hires a spokes-boy?
Weird.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It's easy to be critical when you don't have the burden of the Presidency on your shoulders.

All Republicans know how to do is criticize, but NONE of them ever come up with solutions of their own to ANY problem.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
It's easy to be critical when you don't have the burden of the Presidency on your shoulders.

All Republicans know how to do is criticize, but NONE of them ever come up with solutions of their own to ANY problem.

You have nothing to worry about; you live in Canada and Obamas policies do not affect you (maybe the failure of the Keystone pipeline that could bring your people jobs and a greater source of revenue (but then you folks don't really like to work).

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
Obama is always 180 degrees from the right decision at the right time.
You can even cross "his red line" in a desert "scott-free"...ask Assad.

Why is every press spokesperson he hires a spokes-boy?
Weird.

He has fired more than I can count (its a revolving door) look at his cabinet; musical chairs, I doubt he even knows who his Secretary of Defense is.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

You have nothing to worry about; you live in Canada and Obamas policies do not affect you (maybe the failure of the Keystone pipeline that could bring your people jobs and a greater source of revenue (but then you folks don't really like to work).

They are definitely just as worried about Obama as us.

U.S.-Canada Relations
edit on 29-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I doubt he even knows who his Secretary of Defense is.

Well, he is bound to get confused.
He ceded the job of making decisions in the war on ISIS to the Secretary of State recently.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The idea that the solution can only be to step up whatever stimulus is causing the pain is ludicrous.

My solution is to not break stuff that is basically working already on the off chance that you will improve it.

If what you are doing is causing harm, stop doing it.
edit on 29-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Republicans can't do much of anything as long as Democrats have some Senate power left and Obama vetoes everything anyway.

edit on Mar-29-2015 by xuenchen because: ;22[_'uhuh'_]22;

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
originally posted by: greencmp

greencmp: My solution is to not break stuff that is basically working already on the off chance that you will improve it.
If what you are doing is causing harm, stop doing it.

Obama wants to put a rip in the paradigm. He wants chaos in the middle east; his agenda is to cause a world war (OVER THERE) instability to bring on the end times. This has been his agenda from the beginning. Look at his teachers, Van Jones, Alexander Dupin etc. Very simply; he ignored the 'arab spring' he downplays Isis as a threat. He is strategically sitting back and letting this happen: Iranian Persian supported #es destroy the Arab Sunnies or visa versa. Coalitions being formed. The Arabs (Jordan, Egypt Saudi Arabia) against the Persians. This war has been going on for centuries and Obama is wanting to see it played out without interfering; he abandons Isreal. WHY? he wants the world to implode financially and spiritually. If I could call someone the Anti-Christ he would be it.
edit on 29-3-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Who are you calling a Republican?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Boehner is culpable for his actions. Obama is responsible for his. Comparatively, the danger is squarely on Obama.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

vhb: I doubt he even knows who his Secretary of Defense is.

butcherguy: Well, he is bound to get confused.
He ceded the job of making decisions in the war on ISIS to the Secretary of State recently.

He probably (even with the flap over Hilary) thinks SHE IS still in charge in her bunker with her private server. So, he fired his Secretary of Defense *which one this time* without replacing a HUMAN to that position and gave those responsibilities to a top notch 'foreign' negotiator (Henry Kissinger came out of retirement death to be Sec. of Defense by proxy). At some point one of his dogs is going to appear (well trained with a handler) at the press podium to arfy bark bark answers to major questions regarding current policy issues.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Many people will pretend to believe the WH.

I cannot believe Obama's actions along with Hillary's has not harmed the 2016 Election. Not that Republicans earned any favor all on their own; they are simply riding the massive tsunami of serious damaging situations the Dems have put themselves in.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

He can only convince a certain age bracket that he walks on water?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Watch it! Recent letter to Obama from Senate was signed by both parties in fortelling numbers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join