It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Woman Parks Car In Cycling Lane, Gets Confronted

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So maybe this doesn't go in the rant forum but I don't like these type s of people and I know it is a broad brush I am painting. But these bicycle people think they are so entitled and you need to bow down before them because there better then you.

It is bad enough our city dedicates lanes and other resources to these.... GRRRR!! Like they think that they own the road and there smarter then you because there on a bike and your not. and you need to be educated. I know this term may have been used before but how can you not say it doesn't apply here. there "bicycle Nazi's" right??

Like the woman said "keep it moving"

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
And the guy on the bicycle posted this video like he is some type of hero to the bicycle community.

would it be fair to compare him to Sauron form lord of the rings? okay maybe not but he could be his lieutenant.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

If a cyclist stopped their bike in the middle of a car lane and either left it there or just stood there, how long do you think it would be before somebody was yelling at them?

I'm just sayin

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I know right imagine if they thought they could just park their bikes in the car lanes! Unbelieveable that the city would designate a lane for a specific form of traffic, you know like those annoying bus only lanes and sh@t or how about putting fire hydrants right beside the road and then ticketing people for parking too close to them. Crazy! Oh and street lights and stop signs do you know how much time and gas those things waste?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

As a cyclist I'm more pissed at drivers in their cars that think they own the road.

Share it.

If a bike hits you, dent.

If you hit a bike, dead.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

They need to pay a state registration fees and road usery tax. They also should have to pay fees for mountain bike trail and bike lane maintenance.

They are generally rude and arrogant.

To you bicyclists... NO, YOU DON'T OWN THE ROADS!.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

What you do is lul them into a false sense of security by waving them past, then run them over.

Great way to blow off steam.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We pay for the roads you ride on.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Looks like it is legal to park along the curb no signs saying no parking.

It might be they have bike around parked cars but we do that all the time without bike lanes

The bike rider needs to grow up

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

So the lady literally parks in front of the sign saying no parking in bicycle lane and your issue is with the bicyclist.

Is to today opposit day?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

"What do you mean "we," white man?"

I used to cycle all the time. And had a car. You weren't paying any more for the use of the road than I was. But, thanks to one too many drivers who felt that the road belonged solely to them, I did as much of my riding away from traffic as I could. I was still forced in to a mailbox by a guy in a truck. Yet the person behind him stopped to help me out.

Sharing is caring, for both sides, folks.

"The more you know" *rainbow*

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Your dislike for bicyclists is clouding your judgement. Bike lanes are there so they don't present a danger to vehicle traffic or themselves. And they have their own lane just like carpoolers do. It's kind of a thank you from the city for people who do their part to help conserve energy.

Whatever the bicyclists attitudes are, they do not disqualify them from using lanes that were made and marked exclusively for them. And ff the female driver made a mistake by not seeing a sign that she parked right beside, I'm kind of worried about what type of mistakes she makes while actually driving her car. That, and she came across as kind of a b*tch. Sorry. I have to side with the bicyclist on this one.

Actually, I'm a little jealous. A bike lane you can park your car in? The bike lanes there are at least twice as wide as the space they give bicyclists in Phoenix. They've got it pretty good up there.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

The roads are paid for by everyone. Bike lanes are for bikes, not parking cars. She almost walks into one as she goes out to her car.

Yah, get the hell moving lady. You are blocking the bike lane.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I agree with you. Bike riders need to shut their pie holes about cars!! Until they pay for a bike license and road taxes on their bikes they have no say about roads, period. Here in Oregon they get everything given to them and don't pay a dime for it all as far as I know.

Now they can run through red lights as well as stop signs "if it is safe" , and that applies to motorcycles as well I think.
Crazy! They need to pay for the roads like the car drivers do if they use their bikes on them. I don't care if they own a car and pay taxes, those are for the cars.

Enough said.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If you look at the sign with green writing in 1080p full screen mode, it doesn't actually say no parking.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
As a driver, cyclists and other drivers annoy me.

As a cyclist, drivers and other cyclists annoy me.

So in general, people annoy me if they think they own my road.

What's the problem?
edit on 28-3-2015 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This is why I venture out into public as little as possible.

The whole ugly scene reminds me of this South Park 'Smug' episode.
[
edit on 3 28 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Nobody cares about cyclists. Even pedestrians are above cyclists. Cyclists Can't ride on the side walk so are left to ride in the gutter on the road and that is not safe. So damned if they, damned if they don't.Her don't give a f*** attitude says it all plus there was a woman that already parked where she should be. If she was for cyclist she wouldn't have done it. Now the cyclists have the swerve and defeats the purpose of the bike lane. Of course he criticized a woman for doing something wrong. You can't do that these days and you saw how the two women ganged up on him. So who is abusing their privilege her because she thinks she can park anywhere she likes or him telling her to stay off the bike lane for his safety and others.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Driver!
"I literally don't give a f# what you have to say"

"You're the sole reason I don't like bikers"

"I support bikers"

As opposed to...

Biker!
"Do you not see the sign right there"

"That's the lane for parking"

Oh yeah...

Them entitled bikers deserve nothing but vapid vitriol from stuck up *can't use the word*'s like her and the big mouth *can't use the word* who involved herself.

Unreal!

Good on the biker!!!

Fair play son!!!

Tell the *can't use the word*'s where to get off!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Tompdx3

don't pay a dime for it all as far as I know.

So as far as you know, taxes out of worker wages doesn't pay for the roads?

Is that how America works...?

Because all tax payers in the UK pay for the roads!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join