It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guide to the FLAT EARTH

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Segenam

yep we might have crossed paths on reseach, I have looked at hollow earth, expanding earth etc, plus read many religious text from all corners or the world and time periods.

The only thing we can do is educate ourselfs in my opinion, and not fall prey to falling one believe and disregarding everything else, when history itself has shown the flaws in that path.

peace.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

Now I am not saying the earth is flat, but what I will say is that the PTB, have lied so many times it is very hard to know what is true and what is not.

You created the thread because you think it may be true. I really wish people would get some modicum of education outside YouTube. In fact, i think YouTube should be banned from proof of anything. It is the same as saying some guy posted something on his blog is proof of this or that. I won't even point out the obviousness, it just makes me sad inside that some of us still believe "TPTB mystical force" is so powerful. There are no words.

V

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Variable

NO, that is nort true, you have not read all my post, i presented this information in skunk works as I found it interesting and i thought others might too who find this topic interesting.

I have said this many times in my posts in this thread.

I am not trying to change peoples believes all I am doing is sharing some information on a subject that I find interesting.

Also I am not claiming anything as proof or have in this thread

Regarding my TPTB comments, IMO I do believe there is a power at work that has and is hiding many things from us. But that is my opinion and a topic for another thread.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't whole heartedly belive the theory but nor will I completely shut it down. For all we know the earth could be Icosahedron or dodecahedron shaped. Fact is unless any of us here have flown outside of earths atmosphere on our own manned space missions and verified with our own eyes now one here KNOWS from first hand experience. We only know what we've been told. We all should know how much our goverments and scientific community love to warp info to keep us in a state of mass confusion and at odds with each other.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Sun is shining always in somewhere on earth.. with flat earth we would not see the night ?
edit on 28-3-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I asked the excact same question as well, and a quick search will give you a theory to that question as well.

I won't provide a link as I am not looking at trying to convince people the earth is flat.

As i have stated, this is a topic i find interesting and thought i would share some information for thoughs that might also.

peace.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaRising87

I don't know either.

When I look at the flat earth theory, it actually adds more strengh to the simulation agrument, that were actually living in a simulation.

But that is another thread in itself.

peace.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You people really did not catch what I said.. Shame that..

This is my point.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
In the modern world people still actually believe The Earth is Flat (great album by the NYHC band Supertouch!)

The approach of "if you haven't been to space then you have no proof stuff" is ridiculous. I never saw my parents as teenagers but that doesn't mean they didn't exist. I didn't see the house I live in being built but that doesn't mean it is not real. I'm all for trying to gain knowledge on topics but something as easily dis-proven as a flat earth isn't worth the time.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

When I look at the flat earth theory, it actually adds more strengh to the simulation agrument, that were actually living in a simulation.

What about when you look at the Southern Cross? How might that impact the argument?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I cannot understand you. You say that your problem is that you have been spoon fed information. Ok, then go out into the world and make some observations of your own, rather than digging over the cold, dry turd of flat earth theory!

I HAVE made observations personally, I have formulated experiments, and carried them out, in order to find out about the things that interest me. Here is one you can do for your own self.

You will need:

A torch (or what the un enlightened refer to as a "flashlight")
A Ping pong ball
A solid disc of roughly the same diameter as the ball.

Place the torch on a raised surface, so that it can shine without your having to direct it. Take up the Ping pong ball in your hand, and place it in the beam of the torch. Look at the ball, at the point where the light and the shadow meet, and as you look, rotate the ball. Observe how it looks, what happens to the tiny terminator as you turn the ball.

Now put down the ball, and pick up the disc, and hold it as before, in the beam of the torch. Now, turn the disc about an axis, such that one face of the disk faces the torch. Now, begin to rotate the disc. You will note that light breaks across each face of the disc, all of a sudden. There is no gradual progression, just a near instantaneous lighting up, of the entire surface, all at once.

One of these effects is similar enough to what we see on Earth, that we can classify it as being representative of the way dawn breaks on Earth. One of them is not. If you do this simple experiment yourself, you will see what I mean!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thank you OP for posting this info, I find this topic MOST interesting. So interesting in fact I contacted Mark last week and asked him (by phone, he answered
this question.

If I take a piece of metal and heat it, it will come to the Natural state/shape of a sphere. ferrous or nonferrous and from what I can tell water does the same. I asked, if the core is iron wouldn't that be the natural shape of the earth? His reply, how do we know the core is iron? We have only drilled down 8 miles.

So I'm on the 8 mile run lol. very interesting stuff.

I not sure whats going on here but the flight path info and his ship idea ( if you watch/hear his latest interview) is thought provoking.

Skunk works imo, is the best place for entertainment

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Check out this website for more info on what flat earthers believe, it includes stuff like:
-Antarctica is an ice wall circling the outer rim of the "flat" earth, it's constantly guarded by military and no one knows what's past it.
- All pictures taken from space are taken with a fish eye lens to give earth that nice rounded look.
-Satellites don't exists
- If the earth was round, everyone im China would fall off
-The earth is different from other heavenly bodies, that's why they appear round, but the earth is definatly flat.
-For some unknown reason there is a global conpiracy to make you think the earth is round, not sure what TPTB are getting out of this.
-Logic like: Pope innocent III (1160-1216ad) said the earth was flat, Hitler said it was round, who are you going to believe?
-There are no seasons, it's justs an illusion.

So as you can see, not a lot of open minded thinking going on in the "Flat Earth Society", actually not a lot of thinking going on in general if you entertain these ideas.

www.theflatearthsociety.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
the thing that amuses me about the flat earth believers is that they end up having to invent and describe really really complex systems to explain such things as stars moving, timezones etc etc, that are much easiser described by the earth just being a rotating ball.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

You do realize that you can go out and prove the world is round by yourself right? Look out across the ocean, ever wonder why you can't see the coast of the continent across the ocean? It's because you are looking at the curvature of the earth as you gaze across the ocean. Keep in mind that we are able to see stars billions of light years away from us in the sky, so being able to see the coast across the ocean should be no problem for our eyes.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Are we trying to muddy the waters with confusion for the impending passage of Planet X? I would say so..

Only one thing I can say here...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
The continuing theory of a flat Earth in our present day is just ludicrous imo. The evidence for a BALL of dirt is more than overwhelming and anyone who still believes otherwise should realise their stubborn ignorance, get out there, and explore the real world. Perhaps some research on "circumnavigation" would help see sense.

When will the human race evolve beyond stoopid and stop thinking inside tiny little (not flat) boxes?

the new motto for ATS should be...."COME AND EMBRACE IGNORANCE".....

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Okay in defense of the OP if all you are looking at is this...

Then the flat Earth theory may look like it works, but since we have things such as this...

That theory just, well I will say it..."fell flat" pun intended.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Go to the ocean side, near a large port, buy some cheap binoculars, and watch a ship leave port, and watch it as it heads for the horizon, it will get smaller, as its hull, then superstructure, then mast, sinks below the edge of the horizon, proves to me at least, that the earth is round.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bkfd54
Just sayin....

Gotcha! It's an animation! It is NOT reality, not even close.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join