It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She is ex US Military, now hunting down Rhino poachers in Africa!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes, there is clearly many reasons to get tattoos. For a woman in her line of work I could guess why she has them, but I don't want to speculate about people who carry big guns and fight to save animals.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
i respect those that try to protect engendered species, but unless she is teaching them how to fix trucks powered by diesel engines, i fail to see how her time in afghanistan is gonna help anybody out in the bush.

Kinessa Johnson served in the US Army in Afghanistan as a diesel mechanic for four years. Now she has joined the ranks of Veterans Empowered to Protect African Wildlife (VETPAW) as an anti-poaching advisor. She and her fellow post-9/11 veterans train and support African rangers and provide sustainable solutions to the poaching problem. You can learn more about what Kinessa does at her Reddit AMA and keep up with her travels at Facebook and Instagram.
This Afghanistan Veteran Now Hunts Poachers In Africa [8 Photos]

i'm still looking for her qualifications as a combat instructor or arms instructor. she may be able to shoot, and may know how to handle firearms standing on a simulated combat course, but that doesn't mean she's partisapated in or ever seen a firefight.
let alone all that come with it.
edit on 28-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: nerbot

Nerbot, I think your comment about her liking attention because she has tattoos is a pretty judgemental, poorly thought out, and narrow minded thing to say, and represents a pretty poor attitude on your part. I really never thought I would read such a poor comment from you, since it is your habit to be more reasonable than that, based on what I have read from you before.

I also have tattoos, but I do not seek attention from others. Many people get tattoos, and the people that do are as many and varied as the designs they request. To suggest that all are seeking attention in so doing is just a useless and inaccurate generalisation, which is misrepresentative at best, and totally opposite to the truth at worst.

Well said TB

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
O-M-G, I'm in love, I would be on her team any day!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Is a life of a human worth less than that of a Rhino...

purp..

To answer such a silly question? Why yes, a human life is worth less than an animals life when that human is out to eradicate a species for personal gain such as wealth. Sorry, but pull your head out, and quit being a troll. I worked for the MN DNR raising, and rehabing wild animals, and believe they have every right to flourish like we do, and not to be mindlessly murdered for profit. I'm right along side this girl for doing what she does, and anyone else who does the same!!!! A life is a life is a life!!
edit on 28/3/15 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Those who seek to profit off of another living being's misery deserve everything they have coming to them.

May her aim be accurate and steady.
May she be kept safe, and make a difference.
That is all any of us should ever strive for, to make a difference, no matter how small or big.

Sometimes, the only solution is to meet brutality with greater brutality. I wish it were otherwise, but, 'tis the law of the "jungle".

So, my hats off to her.

Those of you being negative about this need to stop throwing stones, we all live in glass houses.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

To answer such a silly question? Why yes, a human life is worth less than an animals life when that human is out to eradicate a species for personal gain such as wealth. Sorry, but pull your head out, and quit being a troll. I worked for the MN DNR raising, and rehabing wild animals, and believe they have every right to flourish like we do, and not to be mindlessly murdered for profit. I'm right along side this girl for doing what she does, and anyone else who does the same!!!! A life is a life is a life!!

To answer your question back have a little respect son before you call me a troll. Worked forMN DNR raising, and rehabing wild animals so what. I spent 6 years studying Environmental Science. It does not mean anything here on ATS. Here you words count.

Certainly agree that animals have the right to flourish just like the rest of nature does including man. Its not nice to see Rhinos mindlessly murdered for profit but are you any better?

Have a look in your own shopping basket how many of the products contained within have been responsible for detrimenting endangered ecosystems. How many species have been wiped out indirectly by the system you support through consumarism or working or paying your taxes.

You need to live ofcourse you do I guess like most people you have to work just like the poacher. That poacher is trying to feed his family just like the rest of people. So off your high horse thinkiing you are any better..

think this is a good idea you are gloryfying murder

Purp.....
edit on 28-3-2015 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Diesel mechs do convoy operations.

You'd be surprised how many of them have Combat Action Badges.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

i realize that many of the 91's mos's" may go into combat. but being a mechanic riding along in a convoy is not the same a infantry related or SF mos.

being trained as a mechanic, does not qualify one as a combat / SOP or marksman instructor.

ETA: question, would you rather be trained by a mechanic 91b that has only had BTC, or by a infantry ? Ranger, 11b( ) SF 18 ( ), that has spent their entire career training for or training troops, or in combat when going out into the bush of africa?

edit on 28-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

I love Rhinos... but i always dream of going hunting in africa and coming back with stuffed animals of all kinds that i personally hunted down! I would love a room full of animal heads, like you see in the movies with the billionaire and his mansion!

Rhino poachers are lucky to be able to do this still! Is there any place left in the world i can do this legally? I really want to do this!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I get your point. But there are plenty of soldiers that got their combat training in combat. There's nothing wrong with teaching from first hand experience.

I am not infantry or sf, but my training involves ground combat, CSAR, SERE, as well as aerial gunnery and hand to hand combat...admittedly most of my hand to hand training was done outside the army.

What's my MOS? 15TF. I'm a UH60M mechanic, crewchief, and door gunner.
edit on pSat, 28 Mar 2015 20:04:53 -0500201528America/Chicago2015-03-28T20:04:53-05:0031vx3 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

You could always go BOW hunting for KODIAK bear.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Props to here as it's a great thing she is doing with her background.

Who knows, as mentioned earlier, she may have plans for other areas affected by poaching as well, and or at least inspire others that it's possible to help out this way.

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: nerbot

Nerbot, I think your comment about her liking attention because she has tattoos is a pretty judgemental, poorly thought out, and narrow minded thing to say, and represents a pretty poor attitude on your part. I really never thought I would read such a poor comment from you, since it is your habit to be more reasonable than that, based on what I have read from you before.

I also have tattoos, but I do not seek attention from others. Many people get tattoos, and the people that do are as many and varied as the designs they request. To suggest that all are seeking attention in so doing is just a useless and inaccurate generalisation, which is misrepresentative at best, and totally opposite to the truth at worst.

Want to say well said, and am tired of these generalizations.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
MY GOD!!!

I'm in love.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
she just can't stop killing poor desperate 3rd world ppl can she? haha she is addicted she was trained well

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: victorat

Wow...

With a first post like that, I can see the learning curve around here being somewhat difficult for you.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
More evidence that the American public understands literally nothing about the US military. Yeah, some non combat, support soldier with 4 years experience is out lending her "expertise" to the anti poaching effort.

Tattoos,........check
Cool gear.......check
Marketability.......check
Combat experience.....none
Weapon expertise.......none
Tactical expertise.......none

Anti poaching is a noble effort but it requires more than "the look". The reason why it's hard to be a real life operator is that it takes so much more than "the look". Hunting poachers in Africa is gonna require some actual commando tactics. She, in her freshly pressed "operator chic" clothing, and spotless kit, is not going to fair well walking miles through dense jungle and laying in an ambush position for days on end.

This stuff is hard in real life, tattoos and a tough facial expression don't mean squat.

edit on 29-3-2015 by hammanderr because: Wording

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Wow, the jealousy is running thick in this thread. A sexy, confident woman decides she would like to attempt to make a difference and several posters feel the need to find reasons to knock her. I think some 'small' men feel threatened.

You don't have to be a Navy Seal to make a difference. Some of you keyboard cowboys are just cowards.

I applaud the girl.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: gunshooter

To answer your question back have a little respect son before you call me a troll. Worked forMN DNR raising, and rehabing wild animals so what. I spent 6 years studying Environmental Science. It does not mean anything here on ATS. Here you words count.

Certainly agree that animals have the right to flourish just like the rest of nature does including man. Its not nice to see Rhinos mindlessly murdered for profit but are you any better?

Have a look in your own shopping basket how many of the products contained within have been responsible for detrimenting endangered ecosystems. How many species have been wiped out indirectly by the system you support through consumarism or working or paying your taxes.

You need to live ofcourse you do I guess like most people you have to work just like the poacher. That poacher is trying to feed his family just like the rest of people. So off your high horse thinkiing you are any better..

think this is a good idea you are gloryfying murder

Purp.....

first of all SON! you dont know the first thing about me, second, working for the DNR does mean something sorry to disappoint, third you most certainly are a troll, and fourth, I am a very responsible shopper checking my products, giving a $#!+ about the environment as well. You need to check yourself, and think before you type SON!

to edit, I certainly do not have to show you respect based on your first comment on this thread, thank you very much. and grow up a little
edit on 2/4/15 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions
Wow, the jealousy is running thick in this thread. A sexy, confident woman decides she would like to attempt to make a difference and several posters feel the need to find reasons to knock her. I think some 'small' men feel threatened.

You don't have to be a Navy Seal to make a difference. Some of you keyboard cowboys are just cowards.

I applaud the girl.

Purplemer is obviously one of these people!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join