It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you believe in man made global warming, one way to correct it....Autism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If this wasn't a conspiracy site, I wouldn't even post this.

If one believes in man made global warming. One of the best ways to correct it, is to lower the population. If the scientist at MIT is correct and about 1/2 the kids are autistic, that would leave a huge dent in the population. Because autism is mostly boys, that would be about 90 percent of all boys would be autistic and probably not reproducing. By 2100 the Earth's population will be only 5-15 percent of what it is now.

www.trueactivist.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
isn't autism kinda like ADD at this point?
there IS a condition but it's been broadened so much that just about anyone has autism or ADD?
and you are suggesting population control, or maybe more specifically eugenics to lower the population in order to correct climate change?
overpopulation is nonsense. there is space for all of us and even more, managing the resources should be the priority, we don't need to start offing people left and right, we just need to be more responsible.

(post by SirKonstantin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Autistic folk do have a sex drive, but issues with social communication just make it more difficult to make personal connections and relate to one another as most other peeps do.

Note: more difficult, not impossible.

ETA: I've known some autistic folk who once they worked out a system or method, shagged like their bits were going to get taken away next morning.

edit on 27-3-2015 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
isn't autism kinda like ADD at this point?
there IS a condition but it's been broadened so much that just about anyone has autism or ADD?
and you are suggesting population control, or maybe more specifically eugenics to lower the population in order to correct climate change?
overpopulation is nonsense. there is space for all of us and even more, managing the resources should be the priority, we don't need to start offing people left and right, we just need to be more responsible.

Well said.

If one grows up in the country instead of the city they know there is plenty of space.

Only city folks believe we are running out of space or enough farmland to feed everyone.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

A couple things: Global warming, global freezing, global "everything" is normal, natural, predictable and how it works in changing, decreasing, deforesting, adding to, shaping, submerging lands, land masses, coastlines, raising mountains, dropping sea levels, shifting teutonic plates.

IT IS SUPPOSED TO. ITS HOW EARTH WORKS.

Does man's effects, neglect, abuse, actions, polluting, destroying etc affect its timeliness? OF COURSE...The Earth will NEVER stop all of the above changes whether we're still here or not...

Depopulate the entire planet and come back in a 10,000 or 100,000 years. It will have changed with NOBODY HOME....anyway

edit on 27-3-2015 by mysterioustranger because: grammar police

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

Yesh!!!

It's the Purge I want! LOL

So what Will the Autistic Generation Be Called?

We Have Currently......Baby Boomers ---> Millennials (1980-1990) ---> X Generation(2000) ---> Autistic Generation (WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD NAME FOR THIS???) ...The Women Supreme Generation...since all the boy will be stupid....or more stupid (a joke for the girls

1. Autistic people breed just fine.

2. Many on the autistic spectrum have a higher than average I.Q.

I am on the autistic spectrum, female, a mother of two, not stupid and if you were in front of me opening your yap with this crap I would have kicked your tail up between your ears.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Many of those on the autistic spectrum excel at understanding complex systems and abstract thought processes in general. Technological development is generally a pretty good place to stand if you want to contribute to society and both of those mentioned propensities are very useful here, even critical. I personally believe (and there is quite a bit of evidence to back me up) that many modern technological advances were developed by someone on the spectrum. Which means that autism may not be a cure for global warming and may contribute to it (if one takes the anthropogenic perspective).

Social opposition is inevitable for any human being but for many on the ASD spectrum this is more difficult than for most. Sometimes significantly so. There is a push-pull between social mistakes and the lack of social motivation (which translates often enough into just not caring what some think, which can be good and bad I suppose). Most manage just fine though.

As far as any that are confirmed ASD, contemporary and Making The World a Better place that is admittedly tough. Temple Grandin is one that I personally like a lot, and Daniel Tammet may make some in-roads with psychology in the end but these two (like many admitted ASD folks) do focus quite a bit on autism awareness. There is of course much, (even expert), speculation about Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Einstein, and even Leonardo da Vinci and well... a bunch of others but... It is just speculation at the end of the day.

On that note, as far as my children and I, we are all artists, so how much that contributes to society is subjective. I think art is an important contributing factor to culture with enormous accumulative impacts upon the human condition. We all like to feel important though don't we? Those kids can sure do things with computers I can't even begin to understand though, building, programming whatever... ducks to water. It would probably be more lucrative if they just stuck to software development or... something... dry, but they want to be creative too so... cool. They are leaning toward animation and game development.

I'm not sure why you seem to think that people on the autistic spectrum need to justify their existence with some monumental contribution to society though; that is a bafflingly distorted and myopic perspective all that the same time. Well done really. It does beg the question; what are you contributing to justify the resources that you're consuming? Yes, I know that's none of my business and/or you do plenty thank-you-very-much. I do have a whisper of a suspicion that at the end of the day, it's not much really. Although you seem to excel at feeling superior and we always need more of that in the world. Makes the world go 'round really these days.

edit on 27-3-2015 by redhorse because: grammar

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Many of those on the autistic spectrum excel at understanding complex systems and abstract thought processes in general. Technological development is generally a pretty good place to stand if you want to contribute to society and both of those mentioned propensities are very useful here, even critical. I personally believe (and there is quite a bit of evidence to back me up) that many modern technological advances were developed by someone on the spectrum. Which means that autism may not be a cure for global warming and may contribute to it (if one takes the anthropogenic perspective).

Social opposition is inevitable for any human being but for many on the ASD spectrum this is more difficult than for most. Sometimes significantly so. There is a push-pull between social mistakes and the lack of social motivation (which translates often enough into just not caring what some think, which can be good and bad I suppose). Most manage just fine though.

As far as any that are confirmed ASD, contemporary and Making The World a Better place that is admittedly tough. Temple Grandin is one that I personally like a lot, and Daniel Tammet may make some in-roads with psychology in the end but these two (like many admitted ASD folks) do focus quite a bit on autism awareness. There is of course much, (even expert), speculation about Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Einstein, and even Leonardo da Vinci and well... a bunch of others but... It is just speculation at the end of the day.

On that note, as far as my children and I, we are all artists, so how much that contributes to society is subjective. I think art is an important contributing factor to culture with enormous accumulative impacts upon the human condition. We all like to feel important though don't we? Those kids can sure do things with computers I can't even begin to understand though, building, programming whatever... ducks to water. It would probably be more lucrative if they just stuck to software development or... something... dry, but they want to be creative too so... cool. They are leaning toward animation and game development.

I'm not sure why you seem to think that people on the autistic spectrum need to justify their existence with some monumental contribution to society though; that is a bafflingly distorted and myopic perspective all that the same time. Well done really. It does beg the question; what are you contributing to justify the resources that you're consuming? Yes, I know that's none of my business and/or you do plenty thank-you-very-much. I do have whisper of a suspicion that at the end of the day, it's not much really. Although you seem to excel at feeling superior and we always need more of that in the world. Makes the world go 'round really these days.

I have a lot to think about...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

you certainly do the OP may be correct though and attempts to breed a slave race are nothing new
there is a growing push by some to make victims of autism the new normal or as something similar to the indigos[where;d they go?].
They Don’t Want an Autism Cure

Neurodiversity advocates argue that people with autism shouldn’t be forced to fit into society, but that society should change to include and accept them. Race, walk, skip, hop, dump ice water over your head for the cure? No thanks, say some with autism. “Neurodiversity” advocates are not interested in finding a cure for autism. Rather than changing autistic people so that they fit into a narrow stripe of acceptable behavior in the world, they’d like to see the world expand its concept of acceptable behavior to include people with autism. As this study indicates, people with autism are actually less likely than non-autistic people to think parents should seek a cure for an autistic child. While it shows that people with autism have mixed feelings about their disorder, a large majority feels neutral to positive about the concept of neurodiversity. To a neurodiversity proponent, autism is a social problem. That is not to say that autism is fundamentally a problem with social skills; rather, it is a problem with society’s lack of tolerance for the range of thought patterns and behaviors that characterizes autism. A neurodiversity advocate might say, for example, that autistic people should not be forced to learn how to bring themselves to make eye contact, even if it makes them uncomfortable. The rest of us could learn to understand that lack of eye contact is not necessarily rude or weird but is part of the range of acceptable behavior. More than that: We could value the unique insights the autistic mind has to offer.

One form of therapy that has seen some popularity to address more challenging behaviors is Applied Behavioral Analysis Therapy, or ABA therapy. ABA therapy uses a system of rewards (for example, praise or a piece of candy) for a positive behavior and ignores undesired behaviors like tantrums and head banging. ABA has garnered some controversy among neurodiversity advocates. “We’re big supporters of speech therapy or occupational therapy, where the focus is on supporting someone to gain skills or find accommodations,” said Bascom. “ABA therapy is another story; the stated end goal of ABA is for the autistic child to become ‘indistinguishable from their peers,’ and we just don’t think that’s an ethical goal. Would we be able to justify that for any other child?”
One major concern about ABA is that its very intent is to make autistic kids act like typically-developing kids instead of being themselves. Kittay notes that ABA is ultimately based on psychologist B.F. Skinner’s outmoded ideas about how humans learn. “That whole research program has failed in so many different ways, yet it keeps getting resurrected even as it fails in a new generation,” she said. “It’s true it is one of the few ways of getting measurable results, but just because you’ve gotten measurable results doesn’t mean you’ve gotten results worth measuring.” She makes note of Noam Chomsky’s devastating 1959 takedown of Skinner’s behaviorism that paid attention to the idea that behaviorism was an implementable psychological theory. “Chomsky’s original critique of Skinner has never really been topped. Human beings just don’t work like that. There are much more respectful means of dealing with people. Behavioral modification doesn’t look at the real causes of behaviors, and there may be real issues you can address,” she said. Challenging behaviors in people with autism are usually caused by stress, worry, and pain. If those can be eliminated—with a healthy diet, exercise, structured routine, safe space for retreat, time outdoors, etc.—many of the challenging behaviors can be eliminated. “It’s worth noting that Ivar Lovaas, who originated ABA for autistic children, was also the co-investigator on the infamous ‘effeminate boys study,’ which used ABA principles in an attempt at normalization therapy for LGBT children,” adds Bascom. “The LGBT community, and much of the rest of society, rightly calls such tactics abusive when applied to LGBT children, yet ABA remains the treatment of choice for many autistic children.”

hmphh! Ca-Ching more like it
Idiocracy is coming; and it's all these foxes without a tail demanding that every other fox cut off their tails so that the former can seem "normal", that are going to bring it about.

The Fox Without a Tail

It happened that a Fox caught its tail in a trap, and in struggling to release himself lost all of it but the stump. At first he was ashamed to show himself among his fellow foxes. But at last he determined to put a bolder face upon his misfortune, and summoned all the foxes to a general meeting to consider a proposal which he had to place before them. When they had assembled together the Fox proposed that they should all do away with their tails. He pointed out how inconvenient a tail was when they were pursued by their enemies, the dogs; how much it was in the way when they desired to sit down and hold a friendly conversation with one another. He failed to see any advantage in carrying about such a useless encumbrance.

"That is all very well," said one of the older foxes; "but I do not think you would have recommended us to dispense with our chief ornament if you had not happened to lose it yourself."

Moral of Aesops Fable: Distrust interested advice
www.taleswithmorals.com...
edit on 28-3-2015 by AdamuBureido because: fixed quote

edit on 28-3-2015 by AdamuBureido because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well Isn't That Just Something...

originally posted by: AdamuBureido

you certainly do the OP may be correct though and attempts to breed a slave race are nothing new
there is a growing push by some to make victims of autism the new normal or as something similar to the indigos[where;d they go?].
They Don’t Want an Autism Cure

edit on th12Sat, 28 Mar 2015 15:12:05 -0500K201530531pm3 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I think you may have something here but your assumption that people on the autism spectrum will not resproduce is a bit naive. I with you that 'diseases of civilization' (and genetic maniplution) may in fact be an indirect means of population control by the 'master's of the universe' (read - the power made, the 0.1 % money monarchs, etc) but the means always come back to attack the perpertrators.

The AIDS epidemic has been called such a covert measure and it's not done the trick though it has killed millions and caused untold suffering around the world.

Is it about Man-Made Global Warming? I suspect, it's not really - I suspect it's really about the rush to HOARD global resources by a very, very small part of the population.

Is population an issue. Yes. We know several effective means of lowering it without coersive (China's one child policy - at least it's honest) or covert means (poisoning of the planet to cull and profit off of mass suffering - evil) such as impowering and educating women. Providing incentives for smaller families (stop tax credits after one child - coersive in a productive way). Providing a comprehensive safety net for the infirm and eldery (so they don't have to produce so many children to insure their own well-being when they can no longer care for themselves). Already we are seeing a drop in reproductive rates even with the 'breed or die' wackos about the planet (the idea that you have to out breed your 'enemy', i.e. religious fundamentalism of all types usually with a bit dose of nationalism thrown in - Hummmm)

Don't forget the Western backed (covertly or not) support for various outright PROGROMS.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

If one grows up in the country instead of the city they know there is plenty of space.

Only city folks believe we are running out of space or enough farmland to feed everyone.

Your reasoning is severly flawed in many ways.

There is enough 'space' but not enough resources. And that, not space, is the problem

Whether you live in the wide open spaces or a dense urban jungle, you burn though a certain amount of food, fresh water and fuel. In fact those living in 'the wild' use up more communal resources of the planet then do city dwellers.

When contrasting country life with city life, most people would pit red barns, vegetable patches and stargazing against skyscrapers, litter-strewn gutters and neon lights. The former way of life seems obviously the more environmentally friendly.

That line of reasoning fails, however, when it comes to who belts out more carbon dioxide. Despite the fact that the average city dweller may not have seen a starry night's sky for weeks, it turns out that he still manages to keep his carbon footprint smaller than that of the average person in the country. This finding by the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), a London-based nonprofit organization, has major implications for climate change.

www.livescience.com...

edit on 28-3-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join