It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked TPP Document Reveals Plan To Create Corporate World Court

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
WikiLeaks has recently released the third chapter from the secret negotiations of the Trans Pacific Partnership (Link: wikileaks).

For those who don't know... (Wikipedia)

The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is a proposed regional regulatory and investment treaty. As of 2014, twelve countries throughout the Asia-Pacific region have participated in negotiations on the TPP: Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, the United States, and Vietnam.

Critics of the investment protection regime argue that traditional investment treaty standards are incompatible with environmental law, human rights protection, and public welfare regulation, meaning that TPP will be used to force states to lower standards e.g., environmental and workers protection, or be sued for damages.

addictinginfo.org

Wikileaks reports:

“The Investment Chapter highlights the intent of the TPP negotiating parties, led by the United States, to increase the power of global corporations by creating a supra-national court, or tribunal, where foreign firms can “sue” states and obtain taxpayer compensation for “expected future profits”. These investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS) tribunals are designed to overrule the national court systems. ISDS tribunals introduce a mechanism by which multinational corporations can force governments to pay compensation if the tribunal states that a country’s laws or policies affect the company’s claimed future profits. In return, states hope that multinationals will invest more.

Julian Assange, WikiLeaks editor said:

“The TPP has developed in secret an unaccountable supranational court for multinationals to sue states. This system is a challenge to parliamentary and judicial sovereignty. Similar tribunals have already been shown to chill the adoption of sane environmental protection, public health and public transport policies.”.

I find myself in complete agreement with Mr. Assange.

The ability to sue for a loss of 'expected future profits' is extremely troubling, I can imagine this clause is there not only to handle disagreements but to be abused by the largest corporations to absorb losses from markets that don't perform as expected (I really hope I'm reading too much into it).

But if a huge company (we'll say Monsanto just cause they are so loved here) sell a product (glycophosphate) that your country (Mexico) decides is unsafe and they stop allowing it to be imported will the country be sued for loss of expected future profits? Thank goodness Mexico more or less already did that (collective-evolution.com) but in the future under this agreement would that behavior become actionable? I suspect it would...

Imagine being taxed for not importing goods.

Guess I can stop doubting some of the NWO conspiracy theories.

edit on 26-3-2015 by Elton because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It may come across as a unaccountable international court, but truthfully, the "accountable" courts and bodies (e.g. U.N.) have zero cred or power to accurate anything anyway.

edit on 26-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Umm, that's the thing this isn't a UN court, it's being created by the trade agreement and it presumably will have the power to enforce its decisions.

It's all there in the linked articles.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

yeah I know, maybe I didn't explain it right.
I'm saying as outrageous as a new unaccountable international corporate court sounds, the existing bodies aren't really any good anyway., the accountability part the existed bodies claim to have is a pretense. understand?

ETA: yes this is the way I suspected things would go one day, and yes it stink
edit on 26-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I guess that is the way it is going to have to go!

Conspiracy after conspiracy will have leave the realm of theory and become conspiracy fact!

Looks like we are going to need to start making up some tin-foil hats!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There's a part in the ''Investment Chapter'' I believe that would basically give corporations a ruling over ''Any Progressive Policy or Goal''.

www.democracynow.org...

Corporatism is trying to spread it's wings, very worrying.

EDIT: here's another link which is interesting

edit on -180002015-03-26T21:19:16-05:00u1631201516032015Thu, 26 Mar 2015 21:19:16 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I read a comment that made me think...

So, according to this corporations could sue countries for raising the minimum wage because it would hurt future profits?!

Wait a minute... doesn't this strip away the sovereignty of any country that becomes a part of the TPP? Aren't the participating countries basically giving up their sovereign rights to the corporations and their "court"?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

My God, this is right up there with making Corporations "people" in the United States, only worse. So I could essentially put together a spread sheet showing my proposed sales plan of commodity X say a pork Popsicle..and if say Iran, did't allow me to sell this Popsicle, I could sue based on the number of non-Muslims in said country?

Now thats quite a racket. This is definitely unconstitutional, I am no constitutional scholar, but thats just downright Fascist.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I agree, it seems utterly against the constitution, hence all of the secrecy around this boondoggle.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

That's kind of how I'm interpreting it.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I read a comment that made me think...

So, according to this corporations could sue countries for raising the minimum wage because it would hurt future profits?!

Wait a minute... doesn't this strip away the sovereignty of any country that becomes a part of the TPP? Aren't the participating countries basically giving up their sovereign rights to the corporations and their "court"?

That's exactly what it does. Welcome to the United States of (insert corporate name here).

"You'll be drinking you're Ovaltine now whether you want to or not. Now shut up and drink Slave!!"

edit on 26-3-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

"State tribunals" are mentioned in this video....

Obama Seeks Fast Track for TPP

Congressional Democrats are openly criticizing the secrecy surrounding the negotiations over the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), just as President Obama begins a major push to pass the controversial deal. The United States is engaged in talks with 11 Latin American and Asian countries for the sweeping trade pact that would cover 40 percent of the global economy. But its provisions have mostly been kept secret. After the White House deemed a briefing on the trade pact "classified," Rep. Rosa DeLauro of Connecticut called the measures "needlessly secretive," saying: "If the TPP would be as good for American jobs as they claim, there should be nothing to hide." This comes as Obama recently called on Congress to pass "fast track" legislation to streamline the passage of trade deals through Congress. Meanwhile, the AFL-CIO says it will withhold contributions to congressional Democrats to pressure them to vote no on fast-track authority. And some tea party-backed Republicans are saying Obama cannot be trusted with the same negotiating authority that past presidents have had. This spring, the White House has invited Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to address a joint session of Congress in which he may promote the TPP.

P.S. don't let Democrat's "Rage" fool you.

They are 100% for this whole thing

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I have a feeling the Republicans would be for this too, after all their largest donors come from corporate interests just like the Democrats...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

LIES!! You just can't help yourself can you. Any chance to play partisan games and you'll say anything.

There are many on both sides who are against this. Democrats are even teaming up with Tea Party members and Conservatives to try and stop this. So stop with all your BS finger pointing just once will you.

Hate on Obama all you want for trying to fast track it, I don't care. But at least be honest about what you're saying. Your stupid BS blaming Democrats for everything and your "False Rage" excuse is getting so f*cking old now. Get a new schtick why don't you?? The fact that you are more interested in playing partisan games even at the risk of yourself is just beyond me. You don't even care about saving yourself from this just as long as you falsely get to blame the Left. That stupid game has been so over played at this point, it's time for you to wake up as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The trade deal apparently has both bipartisan support, and bipartisan opposition.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

The trade deal apparently has both bipartisan support, and bipartisan opposition.

I agree with that.

Everything depends on the corporate support syndrome.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The rich...protecting the rich...so they can get more money...and so it goes.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
And when you thought it'd couldn't get any more sketchy with the TPP!

The way it's been going with these revealings, can likely expect more where that came from.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Yes and yes.
Anyone that doesn't protest against this is a fool or a corp.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
We did an NLBS episode on the Trans-Pacific Partnership just a few weeks ago. This new information, added to what we learned, yields only one clear analysis: It's a corporate takeover of the concept of a New World Order.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join