It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Seeks Retraction of W.H.O. Report Linking Roundup to Cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
Been banned here in Canada for years.

No it isn't. My uncle is a large-scale farmer in Alberta and he is not embarrassed at all to say that all his fields are "Round-up-ready"

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Yeah?

He ought to be. In fact, he ought to take a flame thrower to his entire field and do the world a favour.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Yeah?

He ought to be. In fact, he ought to take a flame thrower to his entire field and do the world a favour.

Tell me about it. He won't get into it with me. I have tried but it seems like I wouldn't be his first rodeo. He reads magazines while his gps receiver drives his swather up and down his fields. Do you think he is going to go back to picking weeds?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Probably not, although it would probably create a number of low paid, but valuable jobs for locals who can't find any other work to feed their families...

What's his yields like with the GMO's any idea?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Probably not, although it would probably create a number of low paid, but valuable jobs for locals who can't find any other work to feed their families...

What's his yields like with the GMO's any idea?

I do not know the figures but a bumper crop could get him over a million/crop. He leases land besides his own. I'm not sure to be honest. Have not talked in a couple years lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
Jan 25,2011 - 80 Percent of Canadians Protected by Pesticide Laws

Are you sure about that?

Triclopyr

Triclopyr is a broadleaf herbicide used primarily on pastures, woodlands, and rights of way. Garlon 3A and Garlon 4 are brand names of common triclopyr herbicides. Two forms of triclopyr are used as herbicides: the itethylamine salt (found in Garlon 3A) and the butoxyethyl ester (found in Garlon 4).

The amine salt of triclopyr is corrosive to eyes. Bothe the amine salt and the ester are sensitizers and can cause allergic skin reactions.

In laboraty tests, tirclopyr caused and increase in the incidence of breast cancer as well as an increase in a type of genetic damage called dominant lethal mutations. Triclopyr also is damaging to kidneys and has caused a variety of reproductive problems.

The ester form of triclopyr is highly toxic to fish and inhibits behaviors in frogs that help them avoid predators. Feeding triclopyr to birds decreased the survival of their nestlings.

Triclopyr inhibits the growth of mycorrhizal fungi, beneficial fungi that increase plants' ability to take up nutrients. Tricloopyr also interferes with one step in the process by which atmospheric nitrogen is transformed by microorganisms into a form that is usable by plants.

Triclopyr is mobile in soil and has contaminated wells, streams, and rivers. Contaminated water has been found near areas where triclopyr is used in agriculture, in forestry, on urban landscapes, and on golf courses.

In major breakdown product of triclopyr (3,5,6-trichloro-2-pyridinol) disrupts the normal growth and development of the nervous system. In laboratory tests, it also accumulated in fetal brains when pregnant animals are exposed.

www.oregon.gov...

Trading one poison for another isn't getting ahead, although it might be a gentler approach, it's still poison. In case you didn't know, Weed-B-Gone by Scotts/Ortho active ingredient is Triclopyr (Trethylamine salt) which is sold in Victoria Canada.
edit on 27-3-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Monsanto needs to be retracted.

That's a fact.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They have the scientific answers !!

Ask Us Anything About GMOs!

In the US, the EPA is responsible to examine all uses of pesticides and must examine the residue data and establish safe levels of exposure. All uses must be approved and the combined exposure from all crops must be below the acceptable dose level established by the EPA.

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

THAT is the main reason why you can't trust any of the science. And what's with the "combined exposure" BS?! Does that mean some of the levels of one crop can be really high as long as levels from another are really low and balance it out?

Bingo you got it !!

The "combined exposure" is how they fix the problem with paper and pencil.

This "fix" allows for over use from defective equipment and Human error.

edit on Mar-27-2015 by xuenchen because: ;22['0']

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Meh, we either grow our own stuff organically or buy organic items.

But for the rest of ya, that sucks

top topics

<< 1   >>

join