It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could IT staff..class action lawsuit.. USGoverment for spy programs causing pay loss?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Isn't all the spy software being installed causing more performance overhead on systems, expanding IT budgets, and having system problems from "virus" like software something that could cause people in IT to lose jobs and make less pay? Are IT workers owed more money because of this?

Curious the thoughts on this around here. Am I too far out in left field?

Thread title weird to make it fit.
edit on 26-3-2015 by Vaedur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

What exactly are you talking about? Viruses happen but much less in a monitored environment for several reasons. Usually viruses problems are user related. You train the users and if they are to dumb for training, you take away all admin access of their machine and make them users. That typically solves all issues. I can tell you that if someone has a virus the simplist fix is to send them a new imaged drive.

V

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Interesting concept that workers are getting their wages stolen and back wages are owed. You could make al list of these sorts of claims and it would be a mile long.

In any case, it is a topic for philosophers. Welcome to Fascism. No rule of law. Government and profit machines are inseparable. Ignorance is a virtue

Humans... LOL.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Variable

What exactly are you talking about? Viruses happen but much less in a monitored environment for several reasons. Usually viruses problems are user related. You train the users and if they are to dumb for training, you take away all admin access of their machine and make them users. That typically solves all issues. I can tell you that if someone has a virus the simplist fix is to send them a new imaged drive.

V

I'm talking specifically about the backdoors and other tracking software that the government has been using for years on IT departments, and viruses created by the government doing wage related damage to US employees.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Well i think this is vastly overblown. I have set up hundreds of servers for many different companies and never encountered these issues. Like many things you hear about, the reality is much less exciting. I'm sure if i worked for a company involved in supplying money to Pakistan, or something similar, systems i manage would be at risk. I would not work for such a company.
Just because something is possible doesn't mean it is happening everywhere.

V

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
USA spying is hurting the tech industry...

Microsoft and HP have both reported their China earnings were below expectations, Cisco seems to be taking the biggest hit!

It's official: NSA spying is hurting the US tech economy

top topics

join