It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mental Universe part 2

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
a reply to: Itisnowagain
The eye is both, yesterday and tomorrow.
The eye only sees light, energy waves that our physical brain interpret as an object.

Have you ever seen an object called 'tomorrow'?
You do not create thought - thought just pops up and you are aware of thought.
'Tomorrow' is a thought, an idea - no one has ever seen an object called tomorrow.

There is a sign up in the pub down the street, it says:
Free drinks all day tomorrow.
Guess what no one ever gets that free drink!!!!

The waves are the thoughts (of yesterday or tomorrow or any thought) - you are the ocean in which the waves wave.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Therefore I know it's beginning (yesterday) and it's end (tomorrow) at the same time.
At what time do you know?

The eye sees all.

Where is the eye?
edit on 1-4-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

What makes thought and what is it made of and where is it made ?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

What makes thought and what is it made of and where is it made ?

Thought is words that make a language - words are learned and then they start to have a dialogue.
There is no one thinking - speech mind just happens.

'The trouble with learning to speak is that even when there is no one there, it is impossible to get any quiet.............' - first line of this video that I am posting.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Thought is words that make a language - words are learned and then they start to have a dialogue.

Thought is not always words though ...

There is no one thinking - speech mind just happens.

Nothing just happens there is a reason for everything

'The trouble with learning to speak is that even when there is no one there, it is impossible to get any quiet.............' - first line of this video that I am posting.

Quiet does not depend upon the ability to speak or not ... but thanks for your vid anyway

edit on 1-4-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Nothing just happens there is a reason for everything

So what is the reason that there is existence appearing to happen?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Quiet does not depend upon the ability to speak or not ... but thanks for your vid anyway

If the speech mind is constantly speaking then it is not quiet. Minds (thinking) can get very noisy when one is waiting for sleep.
If it was 'you' doing the thinking then it would stop when 'you' want it to stop.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So what is the reason that there is existence appearing to happen?

Existence is happening ... so that existence can happen or else there would be no existence

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If the speech mind is constantly speaking then it is not quiet. Minds (thinking) can get very noisy when one is waiting for sleep.
If it was 'you' doing the thinking then it would stop when 'you' want it to stop

I would agree with you on that ... though the thinker does not choose their thoughts ... only how to use them or not

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

If it was 'you' doing the thinking then it would stop when 'you' want it to stop

I would agree with you on that ... though the thinker does not choose their thoughts ... only how to use them or not

Thoughts just happen because there is fear - thoughts are concerned with 'how I am doing' and 'how I can make tomorrow better' - 'how to do life' - 'it would be better if....'. Thoughts are trying to make you feel better but they go on and on and on. They tell you that it would be better if you were at home or on the beach - and then they hatch a plan or two.
Thought cannot accept or see the happening that is happening. Thought takes you to times and places and events that are not happening.
Only the single eye can see what is happening. Can you see and hear without thinking?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Thoughts just happen because there is fear - thoughts are concerned with 'how I am doing' and 'how I can make tomorrow better' - 'how to do life' - 'it would be better if....'. Thoughts are trying to make you feel better but they go on and on and on. They tell you that it would be better if you were at home or on the beach - and then they hatch a plan or two.

What you describe are thoughts of self concern or worry or want ... not all thoughts are of that kind ... but yes thought is a continual process whilst on Earth ... without thought we are left with nothing ...

Thought cannot accept or see the happening that is happening.

Thought as we experience it is a fraction of the whole picture ... One can accept that what is happening is happening ... that would be a thought of acceptance

Only the single eye can see what is happening. Can you see and hear without thinking?

What do you mean by single eye ...

Can you see and hear without thinking?

Good question ... if you have no thoughts then No

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet
The single eye is just seeing what is appearing.
The single eye is the awareness in which everything that you experience arises in - including thought and sensation.
Without awareness could you even know that there is thought?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Thought just doesn't pops up as you said. I recognize me, my conscious me, therefore I create thought and control them, they don't control me. A few years back I opened my eye, and took control of me.

'Tomorrow' is a thought, an idea - no one has ever seen an object called tomorrow.

There is a sign up in the pub down the street, it says:
Free drinks all day tomorrow.
Guess what no one ever gets that free drink!!!!

The waves are the thoughts (of yesterday or tomorrow or any thought) - you are the ocean in which the waves wave.

Spirituality cannot be explained using only semantics.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

without thought we are left with nothing ...

Nothing is the space in which thoughts arise and subside. When speech mind shuts up for a bit that 'nothing' is found to be the underlying peace in which all arises. Thoughts arise out of nothing, thoughts are condensed nothingness which seems to make a form and then they subside back to nothing.

Thought as we experience it is a fraction of the whole picture ... One can accept that what is happening is happening ... that would be a thought of acceptance

Seeing that the happening is simply happening would not be a thought - it would be a realization.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Thought just doesn't pops up as you said. I recognize me, my conscious me, therefore I create thought and control them, they don't control me. A few years back I opened my eye, and took control of me.

Watch them when you lay down for sleep later - then try to stop them.

'I' and 'me' are just thoughts.
They appear in awareness - without awareness where would the 'I' or 'me' or 'me and other' concepts appear?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

They appear in awareness - without awareness where would the 'I' or 'me' or 'me and other' concepts appear?

I completely understand your point. Actually, I'm enjoying this debate.

Yes your right, without awareness there would not be "I" or "me". But as soon as "I" or "me" get conscious, I become "aware".
I am aware. I control my thoughts. Even in my dreams, before going to bed I decide if I want to let my mind run wild or have a conscious dream.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I completely understand your point. Actually, I'm enjoying this debate.

Yes your right, without awareness there would not be "I" or "me". But as soon as "I" or "me" get conscious, I become "aware".

What you really are is just conscious of what is appearing.
'I' appears as thought in stories of other times and places. 'I' is believed to be an actual thing that can do something but no concept can do any thing - 'I' is a thing that is appearing in awareness.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I am aware. I control my thoughts. Even in my dreams, before going to bed I decide if I want to let my mind run wild or have a conscious dream.

You are aware but you do not control thoughts, sensations and thoughts just happen. All that is moving is just moving. Can you dream what you want?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Can you dream what you want?

Yes. I can do that. It require some effort, even you can do it.

'I' is a thing that is appearing in awareness.

"I" is not a thing is living energy, "living mind". I transcended the barrier of this physical realm and saw the other side (realm).

Some things are hard to describe, you have to experienced it.

The Mental Universe as the title of the thread suggests, is about a "Living Mind" that has created all this known universe. Imagine a cell of your body with the ability to see you, and recognize it is part of something bigger beyond explanation.
We are that cell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join