It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you explain to a kid...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
How are they going to explain to that little kid that when she was born, some psycho cut her out of the womb as her mother lay dying from asphyxiation? How could you explain this?

How much you want to bet they lie to her, only so she can find out later what happened through her own research?

You know, I've studied religion just for kicks, and sometimes I think it's just fun to experience the world through the filters of a religionist. This is one of the many frequent cases of freaky violence that allow me to believe, if only for a brief moment, that Satan is turning up the heat right now. Hey, it says in the book it�s gonna happen!

Oh, and cutting the arms off your kid?

What kind of psychotic break can possibly lead to these completely bizarre senseless acts of violence? Is life in America that hard? NO it isn�t, and I think that�s the problem. We have freedom to fail, physically, mentally, and spiritually, if you wish.

How do you explain this to a kid?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't think I would explain all the details to a small child. When the child is mature enough to understand , you could begin to explain it to them. But to tell an awful story like that to a small child would definatly do more damage than good.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Simply you dont. No parent/parental gaurdian will tell a kid stuff like that. A child cannot begin to reason or understand the adult mentality, let alone that kind of thing. We dont tell our kids all the gory details of murders in the paper, or of events like the holocaust etc, or of war.
When the child has matured enough to begin to realise man is capable of evil,and begins to ask about these things, then you explain these things as best you can.
How you explain it is up to the individual, but you try to do it honestly, admit you dont know why some folk are evil. There just aren't answers for everything.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I am a proponent of OPEN and HONEST comunication with children.......but some things, are truly best not said. They loose their innocence soon enogh in this world. A child would not NEED to have such information.....I would WORK at keeping this from the child....I would move ASAP, go somewhere were nobody knew of us, and not bring this up. This would be a deep dark secret not to be let loose. I wouldnt tell freinds....and I would make sure family members were well aware of my ideas on this subject.

When this little person was older, say Universtity age.....if they had questions....I would give them directions to old news artilces and let them find this themselves. Then be there with open arms to catch them.

I understand you hopeless feelings about this DC........just pray you are NEVER in such a situation. As shall I........

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Right, I understand that you wouldn't explain this to a child, it was more of a hypothetical proposition outlining the extent of strange violence humans carry out and the types of victims it creates.

I would like to know if there is even any known historical precedence for either killing someone and stealing their unborn child, or freaking out and cutting your baby's arms off and leaving them to die.

And I'm sorry. I don't believe in 'evil'. That trick doesn't work on me anymore.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Whao, I just have a conversation with my husband and my daughter about that same issue.

I think, that it does not matter child or adult, something like that is going to leave some long lasting scars.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I would definitely not give the details to the child until they are well into adult hood and only if they are stable enough to handle it. It makes one wonder if this child might develop psychological problems later on in life due to such a horrific entry into this world. I would just simply let the child know that thier mother died giving birth and that she was a beautiful person in life.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Right, I understand that you wouldn't explain this to a child, it was more of a hypothetical proposition outlining the extent of strange violence humans carry out and the types of victims it creates.

I would like to know if there is even any known historical precedence for either killing someone and stealing their unborn child, or freaking out and cutting your baby's arms off and leaving them to die.

And I'm sorry. I don't believe in 'evil'. That trick doesn't work on me anymore.

Evil describes an act of negativity, do these acts not seem evil?
Please explain not beleiving in evil. you mean evil as in outside influence, the devil? me either, thats crap.
I think evil acts like you describe are a symptom of modern society, poor parenting, lack of ethics and morality taught and instilled in our children.
Whats your beleif? why do folk do these things?
And yes, there is abundant historical precedent for acts of inhumanity, even against children. This is NOT a new thing, its simply becoming more prevalent.

[edit on 023131p://18122 by instar]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I understand you hopeless feelings about this DC........just pray you are NEVER in such a situation. As shall I........

Hey, how's it going. Sorry I didn't get in touch with you on the weekend. I'm a dick.

I don't feel at all hopeless about it, even though I know I always come off that way. And I'm pretty open to the good possibility that I may be subject to violence at any time. Not a new thing.

What I'm concerned with is the frequency of things like this happening, and the causes. Is it diet? Chemical additives? Medication? Society? Were these ladies husbands beating them psychologically and emotionally? That's actually my best guess.

I bet this womb raider had such a guilt complex over losing 'her daddy's baby', that she lied about the miscarriage, and in a paranoid and delusional state as a result of her psychotic break, she planned and carried out what she thought to be completely rational.

I'LL STEAL SOMEONE ELSES BABY, RIGHT OUT OF HER GUT, AND TELL EVERYONE IT'S MINE!!!

Yeah, I've seen that a hundred times! No, this is simply beyond insane. Both of these incidences is beyond insane. Or any insane we know of. These people are straight out of B-movies.

Unreal.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Evil describes an act of negativity, do these acts not seem evil?

Ok, here's the truth about evil. I've written extensively on my opposition to the labelling of things 'evil', but I digress.

"Evil" is whatever anyone decides it means to them. There is NO universal definition of evil that you can place on particular events, people, beliefs, thoughts, objects, etc. This is because if YOU decide something is evil, someone else will disagree.

Now, I'll agree that these issues at hand could be considered 'evil' by more people, statistically, if asked the question. But if you were asked if you believed that Iran, Iraq, and North Korea were 'evil'? Would you agree? Maybe you would, maybe you wouldn't. But that's the point.

No one on Earth is the judge of what is or is not evil, but many use the word as if they were. For that matter, no character in a book is the judge, either. The books were written by men, who subverted the good advice intended by them, and created 'evil' in order to facilitate the control of people's minds through fear. And that is where I stand.

In short, I simply believe that in order to accurately describe things that we observe about the world around us, we need to avoid vague, subjective terms, and use more succinct and definite language. Words that have very particular meanings that are not subject to interpretation.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Cool, understood, the definition of evil is subjective.
How would you describe the acts you mentioned in terms not subject to interpretation?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Cool, understood, the definition of evil is subjective.
How would you describe the acts you mentioned in terms not subject to interpretation?

I'm pondering that now. I'll get back shortly.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Acts that cause emotional reactions can never truly be looked upon in an objective manner. I consider this act to be one of of 'evil'. No doubt others will see it in another way.

'Evil' can never be looked upon objectively either. What I consider to be evil can be seen as far from it by another person. I consider Bush and the other perpetrators of the war in Iraq to be evil. His supporters on the other hand see his actions as being just. I see Osama bin Laden as evil, his followers of al-qaeda no doubt disagree.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Aw hell.

What the world needs is telepathy.

Someone release the secret to telepathy. I know someone here has it. Give it up!

We'll think to each other in pictures!

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'd explain it to my child as soon as it comprehended speech.
Kids aren't fragile... Adults are.
Anger comes from deception, thats a known fact....
Your raising your children with Hate in them, with lies and deception instead of truth and honesty....

The bible.. yes.. confining when read in the present form and perception, although if your a true seeker of knowledge it gets you on the right track, read some of the older texts... the nag hammadi is excellent.. it isn't a religeon so much as instructions or explanations, although very hard to understand unless you already understand a certain amount.. some of the parables make no sense unless you know what he's talking about.....

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
I'd explain it to my child as soon as it comprehended speech.
Kids aren't fragile... Adults are.
Anger comes from deception, thats a known fact....
Your raising your children with Hate in them, with lies and deception instead of truth and honesty....

dnero, you're my new goddamn hero. Spoken like a truly enlightened one.

Yes. No! Secrets are no different than lies, insomuch as they produce the same consequenses.

[edit] I love that censor! You should make one for every conceivable curse word, and then let us use them, SO! That's funnier than #!

[edit on 19-12-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I would let the child be a child. No sense running the risk of emotionally scarring the kid and giving them nightmares for the rest of their life. Every child will develop differently emotionally. There will be a time when it is okay to tell the child. Plus, by the time the kid hits school the other children will tell or tease her/him (I don't know the sex of the child). There will also come a time when I'm sure the child will ask why they do not have a mommy unless the guy remarries in the near future.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Kids can be so cruel. They are always the first ones to tell the truth. Sad, really...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

I would let the child be a child. No sense running the risk of emotionally scarring the kid and giving them nightmares for the rest of their life. Every child will develop differently emotionally. There will be a time when it is okay to tell the child. Plus, by the time the kid hits school the other children will tell or tease her/him (I don't know the sex of the child). There will also come a time when I'm sure the child will ask why they do not have a mommy unless the guy remarries in the near future.

Emotional scarring? .... sorry but stop being so dumb, there is no such thing, those are excuses, we are humans, we are supposed to be controlling our emotions... "A person speaks for the response it illicits" emotional scarring is just a lame attempt at some sympathy. You Cannot change what happens, so making it unknown or not saying anything until YOU think its right isn't right... Stop imposing your damned thoughts/belief on others when it is in direct relation to them, your timing is currupting someone elses abilities to learn.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Kids can be so cruel. They are always the first ones to tell the truth. Sad, really...

OMG how correct you are.... ever been to a grocery store with a young little fellow?... or girl for that matter
Mommy/Daddy 'that man has a big belly', or 'look they have no hair'.... oh and what do we tell them? 'SHUTUP!', 'Don't say that!' and then we apologize for their 'wrong behavior' thats just like saying 'Don't tell the truth' or 'The obvious is wrong, and you must apologize or make excuses for it'
What will you all do when people like me run the world? You had better run, the truth stings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join