It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

one man’s trash is another man’s treasure, literally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Scientists have found that precious metals like gold, silver and platinum can be extracted from sewage to prevent a small fortune being flushed down the toilet. Although the prospect of digging through human excrement hunting for the gleam of gold may seem unpalatable, the figures show it could be a surprisingly lucrative enterprise. An eight year study by the US Geological Survey found that levels of precious metals in faeces was comparable with those found in some commercial mines.

If you were wondering where all those cancers are coming from, look no further.

In fact, mining all of Britain’s excretions could produce waste metals which are worth around £510 million a year.

Scientists in the US believe that stripping human excrement of metals would not only provide a lucrative source of income, but would mean that waste could be more safely used as fertiliser.

So they are worried about the fact that those metals could be rejected into nature, but they don't seem to care about the fact that those same metals are found in human excrements in the first place ?

Some food and drinks also now contain flakes of gold or silver.

The eight-year study, which involved monthly testing of treated sewage samples, found that 1kg of sludge contained about 0.4mg gold, 28mg of silver, 638mg copper and 49mg vanadium.

And the truth is I am not even surprised ! I know that for many, this looks like a great opportunity, but from my point of view it is just an ecological and human health disaster.

Telegraph link
edit on 3.24.2015 by Kandinsky because: Added news source link

edit on 24-3-2015 by gosseyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Some food and drinks also now contain flakes of gold or silver.

Have you never seen the popular drink "Goldschlager"?

The aside, metals play an important function in the human body. having trace amounts of gold, silver, copper, etc is no surprise. You act as though these metals are intentionally poisoning us. Which is false.

Hell, there are people who drink ABSURD amounts of colloidal silver. With no bad health effects aside from looking like you ate a wonka blueberry.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I used to drink that. Worst hangovers ever.

link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Or an enterprising soul could invest in a metal detector and search public parks and beaches for lost jewelry.
Or build a sluce box and pan for gold. Seems like cleaner and more lucrative way to spend your time.

Or perhaps get a well paying job and invest in Krugerrands or Pandas.

link   
Have you ever heard the phrase "He's got money coming out of his ass"? Well, I guess we can take that literally now.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Too add to my previous post, here's some sources you can look into for additional information on metals in the body and their functions.

Copper

Gold in itself is an incredibly inert and non-reactive metal. While it is present in trace amounts in the human body, the ingestion of gold will not negatively affect you in any way.

Here's some information on Vanadium

Here something on the medical uses of Silver

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

An eight year study by the US Geological Survey found that levels of precious metals in faeces was comparable with those found in some commercial mines.

I don't believe it.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

already posted www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Thanks, mods please delete this one

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Wait for it...

"No Job? No Worries! Now accepting applications for Crap Sifters. No Experience necessary! The World's Elite need YOU to sort through their crap so you can earn pennies while they earn gold!"

"If you are on any type of assistance, you are now required to report Monday morning to the local Crap Plant to sift the crap of the elite. Failure to do so will result in your Govt. Aid being cancelled."

Call 1-800-DIG-CRAP NOW!

Jude11

edit on 24-3-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

My wife read this story to me last night, all I could think about was whether or not I could CHARGE my septic service now rather than pay them

new topics

top topics

join