It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TB 'superbug' threatens to kill 75 million by 2050

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

LONDON - Over the next 35 years, multidrug-resistant tuberculosis will kill 75 million people and could cost the global economy a cumulative £15 trillion - the equivalent of the European Union’s annual output, a UK parliamentary group said on Tuesday. If left untackled, the spread of drug-resistant TB superbugs threatens to shrink the world economy by 0.63 percent annually, the UK All Party Parliamentary Group on Global Tuberculosis (APPG TB) said, urging governments to do more to improve research and cooperation

The WHO said last year multidrug-resistant TB was at "crisis levels", with about 480,000 new cases in 2013. It is a manmade problem caused by regular TB patients given the wrong medicines or doses, or failing to complete their treatment, which is highly toxic and can take up two years.
ewn.co.za...

Be aware that is only 1 out of 18 drug-resistant threats to the United States

CDC published a report outlining the top 18 drug-resistant threats to the United States. These threats were categorized based on level of concern: urgent, serious, and concerning.

Urgent Threats
Clostridium Difficile (CDIFF)
Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE)
Neisseria gonorrhoeae
Serious Threats
Multidrug-Resistant Acinetobacter
Drug-Resistant Campylobacter
Fluconazole-Resistant Candida
Extended Spectrum Enterobacteriaceae (ESBL)
Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus (VRE)
Multidrug-Resistant Pseudomonas Aeruginosa
Drug-Resistant Non-Typhoidal Salmonella
Drug-Resistant Salmonella Serotype Typhi
Drug-Resistant Shigella
Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)
Drug-Resistant Streptococcus Pneumoniae
Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis
Concerning Threats
Vancomycin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus
Erythromycin-Resistant Group A Streptococcus
Clindamycin-Resistant Group B Streptococcus
www.cdc.gov...

Relevant ATS link
CDC: Superbug Contracted at Doctors and Dentists Offices

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have recently read where they are working on a new anti-biotic that is considered a "super-antibiotic".

It has been proven to kill MSRA and a whole host of other drug resistant bugs.

I cannot remember what the anti-biotic is called - but I know it is harvested from soil and dirt. So there are some hopeful things coming around the bend that might help to curb this threat.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle
I have recently read where they are working on a new anti-biotic that is considered a "super-antibiotic".

And are you rich enough to buy this for yourself and your family, maybe your extended family too?

It doesn't matter, if TPTB want to exterminate , then they will purge perfectly...after they have taken the correct pills of Anti-"everything" . I wonder if gas chamber will be brought back...

Regards,

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

That's good news. Thanks

I think resistance to the "Super-Antibiotic" Teixobactin will eventually emerge.
Teixobactin: a “resistance proof” antibiotic? No chance!

ETA: It also may not work against all the various types of Superbugs
edit on 24-3-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

You refer to something that is being synthesized from SDO's I believe (Soil Derived Organisms). The problem inherent in making anti-biotics (single constituents) is that it creates a very obvious direction for bacterial mutation, thus leading to Super Anti Biotic resistant organisms.

It is quite ridiculous to assume that utilizing the same methodology as before will not yield the same results only to a power of 10 stronger. What I find quite amazing is that what really gained control over non treatable TB in our past was clean air and water:localwiki.org...

Whomever said: "history repeats itself" missed adding: "by magnitudes of 10

Stronger and stronger drugs WILL NOT STOP THE TRAIN, man it boggles my mind

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Sir K, I think We are Already living in/ON the Gas Chamber.
What with the pollutants already in the air,
and the crap 'they' are spreading across our skies.
Granted it is a bit Slower type of Gas Chamber,
but effective None The Less!!!..... Just sayin'...

Later Bud! Syx.

edit on 24-3-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

If a world wide virus ever gets to the point where it kills a billion or more people

That would not be an accident

Someone would be behind it, US government, UN, Western Central Bankers

Aliens !

Someone would be behind it

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Heres what I find amazing ...folks with absolutely no aptitude for the science have more than TOO MUCH TO SAY

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

So glad you included the other threats. We're in for a wild ride.

F&S&

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wasn't aware about the threat of CDIFF.

I thought you got that when a strong bout of antibiotics wiped out your gut bacteria.

They have had some advances successfully treating it by feeding you a family member's poop.

Yup.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

There are numerous problems with antibiotics - not least that bacteria develop resistance, which "spreads" horizontally, and does not rely on being passed down vertically through the generations. This means that when one single bacteria successfully develops resistance, the resistance gene spreads through the community like a cold, and ever onward and outward into the world.

We have the same problem with anti-virals and similar ones with vaccines. The industrial response is "just build more weapons" - but that seems to do little more than perpetuate a failing strategy, and prop up a self-serving industry. Doesn't seem very well thought-through to me.

One of the biggest problems with vaccines, for example, is that vaccines create new disease strains. This is well-known and accepted in the industry - vaccine-associated cases result in new outbreaks, and the emergence of (new) recombinant viral strains.

Biological Challenges to Post-Eradication

…vaccine-preventable viruses (e.g., polio and measles) are characterized by boom-and-bust epidemic cycles which exhibit extraordinary non-linear dynamics due to the complex population-level interactions that influence transmission.

Major biological challenges after eradication include:

….continuing and improving surveillance for the detection of vaccine-associated cases, recrudescence (outbreaks) of infection, new zoonotic transmissions, and the emergence of recombinant viral strains.

………Most notably, vaccine-associated paralytic poliomyelitis (VAPP) demonstrates how vaccine-associated cases of disease can occur even when disease due to wild-type virus is eliminated. Post-eradication strategies will require continual surveillance, more information about the duration of shedding and the persistence of the vaccine-derived virus in the environment, and continuing vaccine coverage even in areas where wild-type virus has been eradicated.

Viruses have extraordinary evolutionary strategies about which we have very little understanding. Continual surveillance and improved sampling methods are essential for tracking new genetic variants, particularly as more vaccines are introduced worldwide and rarer genotypes are selected for. The chance that new viruses could evolve underscores the need for continued development of improved vaccines and vaccine delivery systems.

Time to rethink our whole disease-fighting paradigm.

imho

edit on 29/3/15 by soficrow because: fed up with the spelling auto-correct

edit on 29/3/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join