It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ: Israel Spied on Iran Nuclear Talks With U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Pfft.

What deal are you going to make with a nation who's leader only last week led a "Death to America" rally.

If we were surrounded by Iranian military bases we'd cop a bad attitude too.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dezertdog

Then using that logic Israel has every right to cop an attitude too....

They are surrounded by muslim countries who want them dead.......

You cant have it both ways.....if that line works for Iran, it works for Israel too

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 3/24/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dezertdog

how many of those bases are US / NATO?

That is what you are referring to right?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: msallo

they with the saudies and others funneled weapons to the mujaheddin during the Russian invasion of Afghanistan.

after the six day war they captured a com station owned by the soviets(year after sinking the liberty and strafing survivors to be fair) and gave us some intel we did not have
en.wikipedia.org...

During the Israeli–Egyptian War of Attrition, Israeli commandos captured a Soviet-built P-12 radar station in an operation code-named Rooster 53. Previously unknown information was subsequently shared with the US. When the French government imposed an arms embargo on Israel in 1967, Israeli spies procured designs of the Dassault Mirage 5 from a Swiss Jewish engineer in order to build the IAI Kfir. These designs were also shared with the United States.
so i wont say the exchange has been fair but they have helped over the years,more so overtly then militarily as often we have Arab allies who would not fight with us if we brought them along(see gulf war 1)

and we have worked with them on alot of tech over the years and on that front they tend to give as good as they get www.courthousenews.com... this link(pdf so beware dial up users) covers that aspect

they do enough trade(10 billion with china last year) on top of the aid they get from France,germany,usa,Uk and even russia and china have done billion dollar arms deals with the Israelis. so its not like turning off the aid would "cripple them" overnight and besides since ww2 ended we have given them over 115 billion dollars and they spent most of the money in their country(except when otherwise forced to spend it in usa per treaty requirements see iron dome) so its not like they would just suddenly be broke if we shut off aid
journalistsresource.org...
half of NATO helped them acquire nuclear power ,and Germany giving them the dophin class submarines that give Israel its second strike capability and a boost to its first strike capability so to imply that it has been solely the usa keeping them afloat is not exactly accurate(but we have helped a lot,and got decent returns on the technology front )

edit to add ,as far as i could research the usa military has not sent any ground troops or air cover to help out in any of the Israelis 7 wars but they did send lots of supplies and materiel so we dont exactly help them with boots on the ground in any of their wars either but we both share intelligence and technology and as far as i know allied troops dont usually fight in Israeli wars We do joint training with them and have sent troops to Israel and vice versa but as far as i could find none of them have participated in combat against enemies of Israel
edit on 24-3-2015 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: msallo

Does the alliance between Israel and the US specifically state they must fight by our side.

You made the claim they never have and insinuated its a one sided deal that Israel has somehow screwed over the US.

My question is do our alliances require it - something you are still not answering.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org... this should cover most the treaties usa has with Israel

en.wikipedia.org... if i had to guess it would be the standard military defense treaty ie you get attacked we offer help aid and support and if requested troops and vice versa. i think they would have to request it and so far i think they only ask for air lifts and supplies not marines to hold their dirt ,and usualy when we are gathering allies we tend to tell the Israelis to sit down stay calm and not stir the pot(more so in middle east then other international situations) see gulf war 1 for us telling them "sure the offer of help was nice but it will ruin our coalition of the willing,so just sit their politely while scuds get shot at you,here have some patriot batteries"

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

What real reason should anyone have to believe that we should have alliances with people like this ???

They are as crazy as any of the Islamic countries around them in that they all believe GOD is on their side and they need others to validate the beliefs.

We do take notice that they need to convince our Christians that only attacking Russia and demonizing the WHOLE WORLD so that they all attack ISRAEL will bring back said GOD to stomp on everyone and deliver the entire world into the hands of the Jewish people.

Oh wait, Hebrews, no,,, wait Phoenicians, Canaanites I dunno, which people are the ones promised to have it all after everyone else dies after being jerked around for thousands of years??

The sick play Israel is at the heart of needs to be exposed, not ADDED to by those who claim it is not all about religion.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

and if you look at the details of that specific conflict you will see the USSR was behind it, manipulating the circumstances in order to force a war in order to get involved.

Did Russia get Israel to start the war? If not then the blame for starting the war lays at Israel's doorstep.

They kept whispering in the ears of several countries about an imminent attack.

People can whisper all they want but until an actual attack takes place you are not defending yourself when you attack another nation.

Secondly you are ignoring the actions of Egypt and Syria during the Yom Kippur war, which occurred in 1973. Egypt and Syria led a coalition of Arab nations an attacked Israel.

You are right they did start those wars but that has nothing to do with the war that Israel started in 67.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

So Buster, this is slightly off topic, but I note that your mood reflects the "7th circle of hell" now being fairly well read on Mr. Dante, I know that the 7th Circle is one of Violence, but it is divided amongst 3 sub circles 1. Murderers 2. Suicides and 3. Blasphemers and Sodomites.

Inquiring posters want to know...I mean Im leaning towards Blasphemer...the rest seem rather...well I don't know, not so mentionable in a public forum, at least not with net neutrality and all.

Ouch my tongue is in my cheek!
edit on 24-3-2015 by BlueJacket because: blah

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
IF this Obama challenging Israel is a legitimate reality, and not some secret political scam of some sort, then this is the best thing Obama has done as president!
And one of the best things done by any president in decades

To finally challenge the stranglehold this sinister country has on the US and Europe would be great IF IT IS LEGITIMATE

Indeed this very issue would justify his presidency.

But I have my serious doubts about the reality of this US /Israel spat as well the seriousness of it.

The fact that this country can spy on the US and the Israeli boot licking GOP lead congress don’t give a dam is astonishing.

Congress Totally Cool With Israel Spying on U.S. Officials Negotiating With Iran

“I don’t look at Israel or any nation directly affected by the Iranian program wanting deeply to know what’s going on in the negotiations—I just don’t look at that as spying,” Sen. Tim Kaine, a Virginia Democrat, said. “Their deep existential interest in such a deal, that they would try to figure out anything that they could, that they would have an opinion on it… I don’t find any of that that controversial.”

But if lawmakers were upset by this turn of events, they weren’t showing it Tuesday. Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Corker, for one, joked that he was more concerned that Israeli intelligence hadn’t shared what they learned with him.

edit on 24-3-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Amen..If I understand you correctly, that's my stance as well...it just seems so damned contrived.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
and yet the land Israel occupies was taken when Arab nations invaded Israel.

Considering Obama's track record I don't blame Israel for spying on the negotiations. After all they have an interest in the outcome and will be the ones forced to live with any agreement Obama makes. Since Obama is bound and determined to bypass Congress on the agreement it makes one wonder what exactly Obama is giving away he doesn't want others to see.

Israel is not the only nation condemning this action with the US and Iran so I am a bit curious as to why they are the focus.

Excellently said.

Why are these negotiations in secret, in the first place?

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Israel has maybe 100 to 400 nuclear bombs.

If any country in the world threatened Israel’s existence the US and its massive nuclear arsenal would annihilate them for Israel’s sake…

Talk about “Biting the hand that feeds you”

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
and yet the land Israel occupies was taken when Arab nations invaded Israel.

Considering Obama's track record I don't blame Israel for spying on the negotiations. After all they have an interest in the outcome and will be the ones forced to live with any agreement Obama makes. Since Obama is bound and determined to bypass Congress on the agreement it makes one wonder what exactly Obama is giving away he doesn't want others to see.

Israel is not the only nation condemning this action with the US and Iran so I am a bit curious as to why they are the focus.
. If Russia spied that war would start tonight. Isreal is nothing but a thorn in the world's side, no one can have peace with jabbering, racist loonies like that screwing up everything.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The US spies on every other country non-stop. And Obama isn't upset about Israel spying on us. It happens all the time. This is why he's upset:

The Wall Street Journal reported late Monday that Israel spied on talks between Iranian and U.S. officials on a potential nuclear agreement, and supplied that information to members of Congress.

“It is one thing for the U.S. and Israel to spy on each other. It is another thing for Israel to steal U.S. secrets and play them back to U.S. legislators to undermine U.S. diplomacy,” an official complained to the Wall Street Journal.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Zionists sure like spying

They also use average Jews as "sayanims" for illegal spying

Dangerous stuff

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

IF this Obama challenging Israel is a legitimate reality, and not some secret political scam of some sort, then this is the best thing Obama has done as president! And one of the best things done by any president in decades

You remember what happened to the last President that stood up to Israel? He went for a ride in Dallas and never came back.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Isn't that the same guy that challenged the USSR in the Cuban missile crisis?

And the same guy who dared to look into UFOs?

Of course it is that man had a lot of enemies.

edit on 24-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Then using that logic Israel has every right to cop an attitude too....

You don't understand logic. Iran was there before the military bases were built just like those Arab nations were there before Israel was built.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join