It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ukraine the New Afghanistan of The Cold War? Oligarchs Using Private Militia.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Blame the US. Russia was given an invitation to join NATO they chose not to we are now seeing why they chose not to.

You've got to be young. Or else you would realize why we are in a war on terror it isn't just over 911.

Ha ha apparently you like to study in history when it is to your benefit.

Don't even get me started on Moldavia and Georgia.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Funny Russia is taking Land and keeping it. And they're the only ones on the aggressively
Cutting off parts of Nations at moment.

And I love your source the Washington blog and it's two year old poll! Lmao

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Blame the US. Russia was given an invitation to join NATO they chose not to we are now seen why they chose not to.

Until Ukraine Russia actually had their own envoy to NATO and worked with them, so it is funny when they say NATO is a problem.

Interestingly enough they weren't until they asked Russia to leave Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

The whole matter is completely transparent in the Ukraine. What cracks me up is the hard-core America haters that cannot see what is actually going on with Vladimir Putin in Europe.

They champion the man aggressively seizing the best parts of nations. And villainize the group that is trying to stop it with a pencil instead of force of arms.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Funny Russia is taking Land and keeping it. And they're the only ones on the aggressively

One year old poll and it's a Gallup poll. Nice to see you are paying attention though

edit on 24-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: Greathouse

One year old poll and it's a Gallup poll. Nice to see you are paying attention though

The results are from a two-year-old poll.

Zurich, Switzerland - 30th December 2013 - WIN/Gallup International, the leading global association in market research and polling, has today published, in collaboration with The BBC's Today programme, the results of its annual End of Year Survey which explores the outlook, expectations, hopes and fears of people from 65 countries around the world.

2013 nope Vladimir Putin had not invaded the Ukraine yet.

The following quote from your source, makes it abundantly obvious that Benjamin Disraeli Was right.

There are three types of lies, lies, damn lies and statistics. (especially old and outdated ones)

Optimism is back in the world- WIN/Gallup International’s annual global End of Year survey shows a brighter outlook for 2014

I also noticed the hat tip to RT in your source. A state-sponsored anti-west newspaper as a source.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You've got to be young. Or else you would realize why we are in a war on terror it isn't just over 911.

Obviously, I've always felt Fox & NBC treated me like a child. War on terror? Not me, I'll leave that to the corporatists & decision makers of the U.S., you know the ones with ''special'' interests in the Ukraine.

I get the impression you feel threatened by Russia, why not strap a nuke to your back and go kill the commies? You could be a hero and then conquer the world.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

1 year 3 months dunno how your math is but that's what I get. Source is irrelevant as the actual poll was taken by Gallup but you get hung up on the washingtonblog all you want because that's what really matters

Oh when you finish ahead of North Korea something tells me a year and a whole lot of propaganda isn't gonna make that much of a difference.

Now do you have any stats to back up your original claim?
edit on 24-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

I mean all the Ukrainian militias are wearing German flecktarn...

I notice you don't mention the neo nazi's that fight on the side of the separatists...why?

It has been shown and known that they fight on both sides.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

www.jamestown.org...-vnF-So

I mean if you are unbiased as to what is going on in Ukraine the neo nazi's fighting on the side of the separatists should also be mentioned.

Seems fair that both sides are discussed when talking about the fighting in Ukraine, and discussing who is fighting there.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Blame the US. Russia was given an invitation to join NATO they chose not to we are now seeing why they chose not to.

Wow what a blatant lie! Russia was never invited to join NATO, nor did NATO wanted to cooperate with Russia. There are some people saying that actually during Putin's first presidential amendment, he wanted to join NATO. Shocking, isn't it?

I can only guess what kind of first hand "infos" you've got about what happened in Moldavia or Georgia, considering what kind of disinformation you present here as facts!

Not sure if you're familiar with Kosovo situation. That region have been cut off from my country by the west.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

War on terror?

Do you remember the Athens attack on airline passengers?

Do you remember the Achille Lauro hijacking when they push the guy in a wheelchair overboard?

Do you remember remember " skyjack Sunday" ?

Do you remember the Munich Olympics?

Do you remember the Pan Am bomb explosion in Rome that killed 32?

Do you remember flight 841 in Athens Greece that killed 88?

That's just a few I remember off the top of my head. No Sonny, the war on terror does not start at the 911 attacks. There was a long and involved reason for the war on terror that goes back to the 1960s. The terrorist have soaked us in blood for long enough it's time to fight back.

I get the impression you feel threatened by Russia,

Not in the least. I am just frightened by inactivity from Europe and in fear that we will have to send our boys to die in Europe again because of their time-honored tradition of appeasement.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Not in the least. I am just frightened by inactivity from Europe and in fear that will have to send our boys to die in Europe again because of their time-honored tradition of appeasement.

Seriously, what's the deal with so many Americans wanting a war with Russia? If you don't want to send your "boys" to die, then do not interfere because the US has got nothing to do with this. It's none of your business. If the US stayed out of this, I strongly believe that the war that has been put on Europe by the US, would be long solved. Because guess what. No country in Europe wants a war with Russia. Deal with it.

Do you know what else would solve the crisis in Ukraine? If Ukraine accepted full military neutrality so there can't be any NATO bases there, which would be able to reach Moscow in 4 minutes. Want a fun fact? The rockets put on Cuba by the soviets, were able to reach Washington in 5 minutes...
edit on 24-3-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Oh when you finish ahead of North Korea something tells me a year and a whole lot of propaganda isn't gonna make that much of a difference.

And I find this to be interesting...

These results show that although the US is widely regarded as posing the greatest threat to peace, it
is, paradoxically, still the most desired country to live in. This could show that for many of the people
surveyed across the globe it appears that the notion of the ‘American Dream’ is still alive.

www.wingia.com...

Seems we may be considered a threat...but we are the most desired country to live in.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Wow what a blatant lie! Russia was never invited to join NATO, nor did NATO wanted to cooperate with Russia.

Look up the name Dmitry Rogozin, and then tell us they didn't cooperate with Russia.

Better yet here...

NATO[edit]
The Permanent Representatives of the Russian Federation to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) in Brussels, Belgium (part-time representative in 1998-2003. Appointed by the Ambassador in Belgium)

Sergey Ivanovich Kislyak (February 25, 1998, № 199 - March 11, 2003, № 321)
Konstantin Totsky (May 16, 2003, № 530 - January 9, 2008, № 7)
Dmitry Rogozin (January 9, 2008, № 8 - December 23, 2011, № 1680)
Aleksandr Grushko (since October 23, 2012, № 1435)

Senior military representative to NATO, the Russian Federation

Viktor Zavarzin (1997-2002)
Valentin Kuznetsov (2002-2008)
Alexey Maslov (since 2008)

en.wikipedia.org...

You were saying...

Seems you would have at least done some research before making that comment.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I'd believe it, a lot of people would desire to live over there. Doesn't mean they agree with the war machine that your government wields globally. A conundrum. But granted if the choice was living in a hut in some warzone or a city in the states I think everyone would opt for the states. Unless the city offered was Detroit

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The point is that poll was taken before Russian aggression in Europe. And I guess you suppose they did that poll on one day? Lol

I noticed your RT quoted source didn't mention this. I downloaded the full report, your source cherry picked it.

These results show that although the US is widely regarded as posing the greatest threat to peace, it is, paradoxically, still the most desired country to live in. This could show that for many of the people surveyed across the globe it appears that the notion of the ‘American Dream’ is still alive.

And by the way did you read the disclaimer at the bottom of the PDF?

Disclaimer: Gallup International Association or its members are not related to Gallup Inc., headquartered in Washington D.C which is no longer a member of Gallup International Association. Gallup International Association does not accept responsibility for opinion polling other than its own. We require that our surveys be credited fully as Gallup International (not Gallup or Gallup Poll). For further details see website: www.wingia.com

Win Gallup and Gallup International are involved in a legal dispute over win gallups use of their name.

Gallup Inc. withdrew when it was obvious that Win Gallup was biased.

Myself I will not trust any polls especially those that are associated with marketing firms.

2010, GIA merged with the market research company Worldwide Independent Network (WIN) to form WIN/GIA.[4][5]

source

I even bothered to go to their 2014 year ending poll results. Read the following source. No mention of the biggest threat to world peace in this report. They must not of like the results.

win Gallup 2014 year ending poll results.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

If you don't want to send your "boys" to die, then do not interfere because the US has got nothing to do with this. It's none of your business.

If Ukraine asks for the help...which they have...then we do have something to do with it. Although unlike Russia we don't have active serving troops there fighting now do we?

Maybe you should do some research and see who's military is the strongest...

Start here...

www.nationmaster.com...

Seems the US can handle Russia if need be by conventional methods...problem is Putin would resort to use of nukes to show how mighty he is.

Do you know what else would solve the crisis in Ukraine? If Ukraine accepted full military neutrality so there can't be any NATO bases there, which would be able to reach Moscow in 4 minutes.

Why so Russia can try and take more land from Ukraine?

You seem to be misinformed and I am pretty sure this has been said many times before, but here it is again...

Countries apply to become part of NATO...NATO doesn't go looking for countries to join them.

dalje.com...

I think you forgot about these NATO members who border Russia and can get to Moscow just as easy...

Estonia, and Latvia... so your comment really doesn't have any merit.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Doesn't mean they agree with the war machine that your government wields globally.

And neither do many Americans so what is your point?

Unless the city offered was Detroit

Why not I hear real estate is cheap there.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The point is the numbers are based on interviews with 1,000 people in 65 different nations. You have yet to show results for your assertion

Why try and attack every source rather than look at the results?

Where does it say they withdrew because they where biased? It says nothing of the sort in your link. Did you just make that up?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Russia was never invited to join NATO, nor did NATO wanted to cooperate with Russia.

I Was wrong on A full NATO invitation. But your post is also incorrect, NATO and Russia did in cooperate until Russia invaded the Ukraine.

Russia–NATO council was created in 2002, for handling security issues and joint projects. Cooperation between Russia and NATO now develops in several main sectors: fighting terrorism, military cooperation, cooperation on Afghanistan (including transportation by Russia of non-military International Security Assistance Force freight (see NATO logistics in the Afghan War), and fighting the local drug production), industrial cooperation, non-proliferation, and others.

source

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join