It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mental Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This came as an idea taken from another thread.

What if the universe is a mental projection of a "Higher Being"?
Meaning that we as humans (and any other life form) were created from a thought. And place in this mental universe to live.

Somehow it will make sense to all the theories about a "matrix", a "hologram moon" and some others. And that will also explain why some people achieve a level of consciousness that make us ask: From where all this came from?

Maybe the religions of the world were created by this persons that gain the ability to look beyond the veil that blind us. That is probably why people (me included) try to reach higher levels of consciousness, to try to see the other side of the veil.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

I think this video will give some good explanations on our perceptions and the ideas.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
that is good intuition that exposed this out for you.

I am wondering how would you then explain ...try it without peeking, hehe
free will or destiny?
life and death?

peeking material

a lot of old texts says something along those lines and I think your intuition is great. If you like to read than you will have a lot of fun with some books about non-duality (advaita,Taoism,... ) or check some youtube videos like:

www.youtube.com...

And would like to add that to me this way of explaining the universe is the only think it makes sense. My intuition is telling me there is maybe a lot more to our awareness then we officially know. During my meditations I had experienced a lot of different sensations and even sometimes different stages of consciousness where I totally lost myself in the abbiss and it wasn't scary at all. There was just filling of awesome peace and total clarity of my mind. I felt my body is my whole room there were no felt separation between my body and the room.

It sounds crazy even in my native language so it must be pretty bad in english, but I don't find different words to describe, it was intense!

Anyway this to me seemed a lot like some of the stuff I read about samadhi. And they are supposedly different kind of samadhis which enables your consciousness to access some crazy awesome stuff.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity
Somehow I always felt that something was and is not right. I by myself started to read a lot of material and somehow gain this knowledge and this combined with my intuition, got me to where I am right now.

I know there is a lot of material to take a peek. But I'm ready to answer some questions.

What is your native language?

edit on 23-3-2015 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You may or may not find The Kybalion interesting.

"The Universe is Mental — held in the Mind of THE ALL."

"The Universe, and all it contains, is a Mental Creation of THE ALL. Verily, indeed, ALL IS MIND!"

THE ALL is SPIRIT! But what is Spirit? This question cannot be answered, for the reason that its definition is practically that of THE ALL, which cannot be explained or defined. Spirit is simply a name that men give to the highest conception of Infinite Living Mind — it means "the Real Essence" — it means Living Mind, as much superior to Life and Mind as we know them, as the latter are superior to mechanical Energy and Matter. Spirit transcends our understanding, and we use the term merely that we may think or speak of THE ALL. For the purposes of thought and understanding, we are justified in thinking of Spirit as Infinite Living Mind, at the same time acknowledging that we cannot fully understand it. We must either do this or stop thinking of the matter at all.

The Kybalion,
Chapter V., The Mental Universe

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

"THE ALL" is Infinite Living Mind — the Illumined call it SPIRIT!

Yes I know The Kybalion. Very deep indeed.

I'm just trying to keep it simple for the simple minds out there.

edit on 23-3-2015 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hi, OP! I've been recently meditating a lot more so, engaging myself into higher consciousnesses (or trying to), and the experiences I've had were literally, out of this world. It's amazing and confusing at the same time, but I definitely think your intuition is on to something here! It's almost as if there's this whole other function of our minds that we've never been told or taught how to use....

What if... NOW JUST WHAT IF... This higher being... is all of us. All of our spirits, minds, make up this one entity, thus creates our reality through collective consciousnesses? The whole world, the good, and the bad, all of our consciousnesses create this world... I don't know, just wanted to share a thought! I'm new to this sight, so I'm still getting the etiquette down.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What if we are this "higher being"? The double-slit experiment implies that we as observers have a very profound effect on the reality we perceive. What if our vision is the projection and what's within us is the projector? We are both the projector and projected at the same time.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Clownsyndrome
Hi, OP! I've been recently meditating a lot more so, engaging myself into higher consciousnesses (or trying to), and the experiences I've had were literally, out of this world. It's amazing and confusing at the same time, but I definitely think your intuition is on to something here! It's almost as if there's this whole other function of our minds that we've never been told or taught how to use....

What if... NOW JUST WHAT IF... This higher being... is all of us. All of our spirits, minds, make up this one entity, thus creates our reality through collective consciousnesses? The whole world, the good, and the bad, all of our consciousnesses create this world... I don't know, just wanted to share a thought! I'm new to this sight, so I'm still getting the etiquette down.

We don't make this one entity, we are part of it. This "Higher Being" created us using His thought:
Genesis 1:26
Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
-------------------------
He made us like Him, we have the ability to think and reason. So we can create in our mind. Every brain in every head of each one of us is a universe created by us (parallel universes).
Science has been speculating about the creation of the universe, and our forefathers already knew how it was made. By thought, by acquiring consciousness.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What if we are this "higher being"? The double-slit experiment implies that we as observers have a very profound effect on the reality we perceive. What if our vision is the projection and what's within us is the projector? We are both the projector and projected at the same time.

The Law of Correspondence tells us that our outer world is nothing more than a reflection of our inner world – as within, so without.

"As above, so below"
We are not the "Higher Being", but we are part of it. We are a projection of His reality. We see what He want us to see. That's why there is so many opinions on any subjects, many perceptions of one thing.
What I call red, it may not be the same tone of red you see due to the fact that the color red is just a deviation of light. My angle of viewing is different than yours.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I am from slovenia. Very small country in EU with only about two million residents.

that is great that you have an interest in exploring our reality and the truth. Wish more people would have this interest. I am very similiar to you in that regard as I too was plunged into these waters by myself, and I am very glad I took this path and life style. It was always weird to me how most just accept what is being said in news or TV and don't bother to invest just a little time to know thyself and with it the universe. "As within so without" right?.

And I think we as collective consciousness are showing many similar stuff on global level which is similar to the spiritual path and troubles when one is immersed in it, especially when one focuses on ego and dissolution of it.

For instance. If we take a look at the known modern history of earth. There were always wars and conflicts in different location at the same time. This to me can represent the ego in ourselves in a symbolic way. We all have an individual problems of some kind because of our ego. Always grasping for more and never content with what is right in front of us. And it is the same with nations. They are always fighting,grasping just like we are fighting within with our thoughts.

This was just a flow of thoughts I had a few days ago when I looked at myself and earth and contemplated all is one. Basically I got the feeling that earth has many of the same problems as I have as an individual who wants to "get it" one day (self-realization), just from very different perspective.

edit on 1427204075334March343343115 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Greetings from Puerto Rico my friend.
Keep on the path, may one day you find the truth within.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
thank you! wish you the same and to all others explorers of the truth!

That is a long way from my location. God I love this side of internet so we can share opinions all over the place.
The internet itself is like some small mental universe where we are the creators of all...mostly p0rn but anyways hehe

top topics

join