It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40th anniversary of Travis Waltons ufo abduction summit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: cuckooold

Well, if Travis is a liar, then so are the five other guys with him that night.

I'll think about going to that conference. I saw him speak at the last Rocky Mountain UFO conference in Laramie in 1998. A very down to earth type of guy.

I would like to have a little discussion with him. I dissected his case for an article in a magazine called Beyond Reality several decades ago. Based on the details in his books, I believe that he was not attacked but placed himself in danger by moving under the rather low, hovering UFO, having taken them by surprise, and the alarm went off because he had placed himself in danger and he was zapped in an effort to save his life. And they hauled him away to treat him and returned him when he was healed.

At the time, I sent him a copy to Snowflake where he lived. I never got a response, but I've noticed, as he did that June night at the Laramie conference that he has taken that approach in his retelling of the account. I'm not saying he stole anything idea from me. He most certainly did not. I think that he saw that my account of it made more sense in explaining the whole episode and ended the puzzling aspect of the "why" of it. As a typical time-loss abductee from 1964, I would like to met him and shake his hand.

1964? Cool, I'd love to hear anything you have to say about your experience.

I have heard Walton speak about the event in the manner you describe, your theory is very interesting,

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

What about the folks on board the ship that apparently were not so lucky then? Or was that Hollywood?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crisis

The rabbit hole goes way too deep.

Way to deep.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

What about the folks on board the ship that apparently were not so lucky then? Or was that Hollywood?

Hollywood.

For me this is the most compelling UFO Story of all time. one guy you can dismiss. 6 Guys, Cops and accusations of a possible Murder is not so easy to debunk. If i was one of the crew in on a elaborate scam and the cops started to suspect foul play i would have folded well before Travis reappeared.

As far as i know everyone in that truck that night has never changed their story in all these years...There can only ever be two reasons for that, Either what they have said is true or they fear being charged with wasting police time.
I'll go with True for the simple reason, a 40 year old Lie by 6 people would have unraveled a long time ago. someone would have got drunk and spilled their guts.

At this point in time there is probably more money to be made in exposing any lie of this magnitude than Travis and the crew have ever made from there own version of events...As Lies go, it would be up there with the best of them.

Something happened on that mountain 40 years ago, be it Aliens from another world, Government experiment gone wrong or whatever..I dont Doubt TW and his Crew for one minute that what they say/saw is the truth.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
6 Guys, Cops and accusations of a possible Murder is not so easy to debunk.

Unless he hoaxed them too

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

6 Guys, Cops and accusations of a possible Murder is not so easy to debunk.

Unless he hoaxed them too

Yeah, they were all in on it..6 men and their entire families, Cops, the cops families, the entire town. they all hatched the plan to deceive everyone and have successfully kept it under their collective hats for 40 something years..??

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Thats not what I said?

I believe Travis and maybe his brother (Travis was UFO junkie as was his mother and his family prior to the incident) they perpetrated the hoax on the guys.

edit on 24-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Thats not what I said?

I believe Travis an maybe his brother (Travis was UFO junkie as was his mother and his family prior to the incident) they perpetrated the hoax on the guys.

A Hoax worthy of anything Steven Spielberg could come up with at the time..? I highly doubt it.

A huge percentage of the worlds population could be considered UFO Junkies, does that make them all not to believed if an abduction/sighting happens to one of those, as you say "UFO Junkies". ?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Thats not what I said?

I believe Travis and maybe his brother (Travis was UFO junkie as was his mother and his family prior to the incident) they perpetrated the hoax on the guys.

Zazz, you said you were present during the ATS live interview.

I'm just curious. Did you hold these suspicions of the Travis Walton case before the interview, or was this a theory you came up with after the interview with Mr. Walton?

In either case; were there any warning bells, that this might be some elaborate hoax from that interview, that sounded for you?

CdT
edit on 24-3-2015 by CirqueDeTruth because: grammar

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

*shrugs* not sure about the Spielberg story worthy comment what you want me to say. He read all about the stories all the time in his comic/weird stories books. And his family would talk about little green men quite a bit apparently.
The abduction itself reads like a 1960s/70's technology tale. I'll have to refresh myself Ive been through this Walton case too many times on ATS, I'd rather just cut and paste as it's almost boring now, so give me time for coffee first

I have no opinion on UFO junkies around the world. I am referring to Walton alone. In this case, if you read the family history and the comments whilst he was 'abducted' it supports that they were well versed on 'aliens' and would be able to come up with the hoax.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Howdy ma'am

I didn't say I was present? Baz , Johnny and Mark interviewed him (I think, too long ago) I was a both ears glued listener! I don't remember the specifics i only mentioned the interview to see if people wanted to listen to it straight from the horses mouth from our shows archive, there aren't that many interviews with him out there.

I think I had suspicions before, but I can't remember.

It is his story that doesn't fit for me. I'll list the reasons why in a bit.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

In a word, that was Hollywood talking. As I recall, Walton's unhappiness was with the inventiveness used to sensationalize the story with weird graphics rather than a simple attempt to convey what he remembered. But you see, with UFO abductees, you get into sticky ground here. There are the true, basic factual matters of the event, and then there are what they input into us some of us to "remember" or forget about the event. Other than my stated views about why I think he was taken, I have nothing to say about his onboard experiences.

He is lucky to be alive from that experience and luckier yet to have survived the decades since. Living in two worlds is a constant struggle.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Yeah, they were all in on it..6 men

I'll add to this if all the guys were in on the hoax, Klaas maintained they were as they were not on track to meet the logging contract to get paid for failure to meet agreed work in a 10 day approaching deadline. "unless by an act of god"
I don't know about the whole group, but it is the argument for the whole group being involved theory .

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Yeah, they were all in on it..6 men

I'll add to this if all the guys were in on the hoax, Klaas maintained they were as they were not on track to meet the logging contract to get paid for failure to meet agreed work in a 10 day approaching deadline. "unless by an act of god"
I don't know about the whole group, but it is the argument for the whole group being involved theory .

Yeah whenever i'm behind on my targets at work i blame Alien Abduction..Works every time.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Essentially, a polygraph test is not reliable.

Sort of a catch-22. Had he failed the test people would have pointed at that as proof of a hoax, but since he passed it now it's unreliable. Maybe one or two times, but passing 5 of them I feel kind of lends credence to the fact that he was telling the truth,

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Hollywood.

For me this is the most compelling UFO Story of all time. one guy you can dismiss. 6 Guys, Cops and accusations of a possible Murder is not so easy to debunk. If i was one of the crew in on a elaborate scam and the cops started to suspect foul play i would have folded well before Travis reappeared.

As far as i know everyone in that truck that night has never changed their story in all these years...There can only ever be two reasons for that, Either what they have said is true or they fear being charged with wasting police time.
I'll go with True for the simple reason, a 40 year old Lie by 6 people would have unraveled a long time ago. someone would have got drunk and spilled their guts.

At this point in time there is probably more money to be made in exposing any lie of this magnitude than Travis and the crew have ever made from there own version of events...As Lies go, it would be up there with the best of them.

Something happened on that mountain 40 years ago, be it Aliens from another world, Government experiment gone wrong or whatever..I dont Doubt TW and his Crew for one minute that what they say/saw is the truth.

Great post, you said it perfectly. Glad to see such an intelligent, well-reasoned post.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Travis is on record stating that one of the few things the film Fire in the Sky got right, was the absolute terror D.B. Sweeny portrayed. Otherwise the details of the ship, the aliens themselves, etc. were all fabricated by the scriptwriters. Travis described the ship as very clean & featureless, whereas in the film it was extremely dirty with limbs of humans lying around. He described the creatures as wearing thin one-piece jumpsuits with large eyes that literally blinked; the creatures in the film appeared naked with near-slits for eyes. Totally opposite, lol.

Not to mention he freakin' encountered HUMANS that apparently didn't understand a word of english (which explains their refussal to respond to his questions). The fact that there are possibly Human (Nordics, whatever) aliens living somewhere else in the galaxy would literally rewrite our understanding of history on Earth (also corroborated by the Staffordshire sighting video I posted).

But yeah. I just don't see how one can disappear for several days, a search team being deployed without finding a trace, then for him to reappear only to say he was hiding in a ditch somewhere just to fool people. Abductions have been happening on earth for centuries & he's just one of the few.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Thats not what I said?

Let's see if your theory make any sense. So you're saying Travis and his brother created a 20-foot, flying disc-shaped craft, and flew it up a mountain. Then when Travis approached the disc, they arranged it so that he was struck by a beam of energy that threw him fifteen feet through the air.

Do you feel that was how they perpetrated a hoax on the guys?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

So you're saying...

No you did.

I'll get to my list of why I think it was hoax when I get to it, in the meantime you do not need to fill in the gaps on my behalf.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun (sorry, I initially replied to the wrong person)

I would like to have a little discussion with him. I dissected his case for an article in a magazine called Beyond Reality several decades ago. Based on the details in his books, I believe that he was not attacked but placed himself in danger by moving under the rather low, hovering UFO, having taken them by surprise, and the alarm went off because he had placed himself in danger and he was zapped in an effort to save his life. And they hauled him away to treat him and returned him when he was healed.

Uh oh. If you thought through the incident, and your conjecture was the above, and then you sent him a copy of your thoughts and possible assessment and your explanation, -- then heard him saying later it IS what he believed happened, without so much as an email to you............. then that is problematic for me.

You are being much more generous than I would be.

Question: But wasn't he reportedly in bad physical/ medical condition when he resurfaced? Dehydrated, and such?
edit on 3/24/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/24/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join