It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40th anniversary of Travis Waltons ufo abduction summit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If I could I would definitely try to attend this summit get togther to recall the very intriguing Travis Walton abduction story. I think this story of one of, if not the best abduction stories, and was one of the most interesting ufo abduction stories as well EVER in ufo history as far as I am concerned. I did enjoy the famous " Fire in the Sky" movie which was based on the actual events. At the summit Mr. Walton will be leading everyone back to the exact location In northern Arizona, where he was taken some 40 years ago for several days by aliens. I am hoping that some kind of documentary of this summit will come of it. The Travis Walton Summit info.
edit on 23am31am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
If I could I would definitely try to attend this summit get togther to recall the very intriguing Travis Walton abduction story. I think this story of one of, if not the best abduction stories, and was one of the most interesting ufo abduction stories as well EVER in ufo history as far as I am concerned. I did enjoy the famous " Fire in the Sky" movie which was based on the actual events. At the summis Mr. Walton will leading everyone back to the exact location In northern Arizona, where he was taken some 40 years ago for several days by aliens. I am hoping that some kind of documentary of this summit will come of it. The Travis Walton Summit info.

Wouldn't it be something if he were taken, again, right in front of everyone. Scary as hell for him, of course. But insane to be sure!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I want to go!

I've always wanted to visit Arizona to, since I was a little girl and my Uncle showed me pictures when he went.

It would cost at least $400 dollars for the letcure and excursion. - for me and my husband, plus what it cost in airfare or gas to drive there. But I'd give a pinky toe to go. I know what I want for Christmas/Anniversary...

Thanks for the heads up Data5091. Travis Walton is one of those stories that makes me believe, along with a few other awesome cases like the one is Africa with the school children that Dr. Mack went out to interview.

ETA - So I was telling my husband about the summit. After learning about the cost his response was priceless. "So whatever happened to that Mufon $h!t over in Flint?"

CdT

edit on 23-3-2015 by CirqueDeTruth because: eta

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't live very far from there. If I'm not on another project; I'll go over there and make a short documentary if they will allow it at the SkyFire summit.

Pitty we don't have ATS news credentials like it was once planned.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I met and talked to Travis at a conference here a few years ago. He was an unassuming, almost shy, person unlike some speakers who seemed like hucksters whose only goal was to sell books.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I wished I was going. I would LOVE to meet and talk to him. I remember the show "Chasing ufo's" from a few years back, and they did one program on Travis Walton. He wasn't too impressed for some reason with the end product. I am not sure why, but one of the guys from the show ( James Fox) is going to be a guest speaker at the summit. If anyone is able to make it you must report back to us here and fill us all in please. Thank you.

edit on 23pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

He's a member of ATS.

If you read this thread about him, Travis chips in on page 4. All his posts are here.

He's not a fan of the Fire in the Sky movie : )

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm hoping they don't add Greer to that panel of speakers lineup

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The thing about Walton's story is, if true, then how could there possibly be other HUMAN aliens out there in the cosmos? Did they seed us? Are they originally from Earth, or are we originally from elsewhere? It's a mystery that boggles my mind

Here's a story that corroborate's Walton's description of these "humans," right down to their clothing & "fishbowl" helmets. Does anyone get the impression this woman is lying?

The rabbit hole goes way too deep.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: data5091

He's a member of ATS.

If you read this thread about him, Travis chips in on page 4. All his posts are here.

He's not a fan of the Fire in the Sky movie : )

Thank you, Kandinsky, I had no idea Travis Walton had been here!

I have a great respect for what he has been through, and a deep sympathy for the character assassination he has had to endure in the forty years since his abduction. I think he's been treated worse by people than he was treated by the aliens, quite frankly. One doesn't have to look far to see terrible things written about Walton and his crew.

Being an alien abductee myself, i bear a strong affinity towards Walton, although we have never met or spoken. Whenever I am asked to name an abduction incident that I regard to be genuine, I only point to the Walton case, as far as I can tell it is pretty much airtight.

The Travis Walton case is so rare and important in that it is one of the very few incidents we have where the aliens make mistakes, and these mistakes are what allowed the case to grow to international proportions. It is a testament to how precise they normally are in abduction scenarios. It would only take a few more blunders like that to blow the lid off the entire phenomenon. Don't count on it, though, I haven't seen them make a mistake in all the years since.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Ah, tall stories of abduction, the UFO holy grail that keeps on giving.

www.debunker.com...

The test lasted an hour and I was in the next room fending off the TV crew when I heard the cowboy scream: "I'll kill the sonofabitch!" The kid had failed the test miserably. The polygraph man said it was the plainest case of lying he'd seen in 20 years but the office was yelling for another expert and a different result [2].

Also www.debunker.com...

But remember,
www.skyfiresummit.com...
edit on 23-3-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Would like to hear more about your experience!

Also, you only feel Walton's case is genuine? Have you heard of the Pascagoula Abduction? Another mind-boggler, if this doesn't make even the most ardent skeptic scratch their head in curiosity, then nothing will

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crisis
a reply to: Scdfa

Would like to hear more about your experience!

Also, you only feel Walton's case is genuine? Have you heard of the Pascagoula Abduction? Another mind-boggler, if this doesn't make even the most ardent skeptic scratch their head in curiosity, then nothing will

Thank you, I will watch the video and re-familiarize myself with the case!

I am at that point in my life where I think it may be time to talk about my experiences, but I'm not looking forward to having to defend myself from those who try to deny the reality of alien contact.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

www.debunker.com...

The test lasted an hour and I was in the next room fending off the TV crew when I heard the cowboy scream: "I'll kill the sonofabitch!" The kid had failed the test miserably. The polygraph man said it was the plainest case of lying he'd seen in 20 years but the office was yelling for another expert and a different result [2].

Also www.debunker.com...

But remember,
www.skyfiresummit.com...

Tall tales, you suggest? Nope.

Travis Walton passed five polygraph examinations.

Truth. It's what's for dinner.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I don't believe his story

He was a guest on our ATS Live Radio, Everyone thought he was great. You can listen to it on ATS live rewind.

I know a lot of people believe him as he is unassuming, but I do think he hoaxed. That said, it is a great tale, I can understand how people would be excited to see him 'live' especially as he did not speak for a long time after the story came out.

If someone does go, let us know here in thread.

edit on 23-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

originally posted by: hellobruce

www.debunker.com...

Also www.debunker.com...

But remember,
www.skyfiresummit.com...

Tall tales, you suggest? Nope.

Travis Walton passed five polygraph examinations.

Truth. It's what's for dinner.

From the American Psychological Association.

www.apa.org...

The accuracy (i.e., validity) of polygraph testing has long been controversial. An underlying problem is theoretical: There is no evidence that any pattern of physiological reactions is unique to deception. An honest person may be nervous when answering truthfully and a dishonest person may be non-anxious. Also, there are few good studies that validate the ability of polygraph procedures to detect deception. As Dr. Saxe and Israeli psychologist Gershon Ben-Shahar (1999) note, "it may, in fact, be impossible to conduct a proper validity study." In real-world situations, it's very difficult to know what the truth is.

And

now, although the idea of a lie detector may be comforting, the most practical advice is to remain skeptical about any conclusion wrung from a polygraph.

Essentially, a polygraph test is not reliable.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Well, if Travis is a liar, then so are the five other guys with him that night.

I'll think about going to that conference. I saw him speak at the last Rocky Mountain UFO conference in Laramie in 1998. A very down to earth type of guy.

I would like to have a little discussion with him. I dissected his case for an article in a magazine called Beyond Reality several decades ago. Based on the details in his books, I believe that he was not attacked but placed himself in danger by moving under the rather low, hovering UFO, having taken them by surprise, and the alarm went off because he had placed himself in danger and he was zapped in an effort to save his life. And they hauled him away to treat him and returned him when he was healed.

At the time, I sent him a copy to Snowflake where he lived. I never got a response, but I've noticed, as he did that June night at the Laramie conference that he has taken that approach in his retelling of the account. I'm not saying he stole anything idea from me. He most certainly did not. I think that he saw that my account of it made more sense in explaining the whole episode and ended the puzzling aspect of the "why" of it. As a typical time-loss abductee from 1964, I would like to met him and shake his hand.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
I wished I was going. I would LOVE to meet and talk to him. I remember the show "Chasing ufo's" from a few years back, and they did one program on Travis Walton. He wasn't too impressed for some reason with the end product. I am not sure why, but one of the guys from the show ( James Fox) is going to be a guest speaker at the summit. If anyone is able to make it you must report back to us here and fill us all in please. Thank you.

S&F for the info.

Same here, wish I could go. Maybe he'll stop by a thread on the current topic or make one about it? Or someone could request, if possible.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Wow! I checked out the conference because I had just stumbled onto this thread. I see that Dr. Leo Sprinkle, the former head of the psychology department at the U. of Wyoming will also be speaking. I'm thrilled to see that he is still with us and active. He was the one responsible for the series of Rocky Mountain UFO Conferences over the years. In 1985 I went to my first one and went early to have him hypnotize me to learn more about my time-loss experience in 1964. It will be super to see him again. He was ultimately forced out of that university because of his UFO beliefs and work.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Lol this made me crack up.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join