It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have a 5 Star button for special posts!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: msallo
I would also like an ignore button and a block profile picture button so I dont have to keep punching my screen when little liberal wiggers pop up

You can turn off avatars in your settings.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Negative!

Ditto.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

ignoring someone is not depriving them of freedom of speech.
ATS use to have one, i found useful to block certain peoples posts, that always brought up the same thing over and over again.

like when someone posts a thread about what is happening in another country, there are certain members that the first thing that comes from them bumping their fingers on the keyboard is, the U.S. isn't any better. and a lot of the times it's not even someone from the U.S. posting the thread.

then you've got the jew bashers, islamophobes/ apologists, Christian haters, racist that claim their not, that all their threads about how the white man has done everybody wrong, and the list goes on and on. evolutionist who hate creationist, ignore button would be right handy then and i do miss it.

edit on 23-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I would like the ignore feature back too. Ignore feature= less fear and loathing. Reduction of ill mannered posts.

I didn't use it, when we had it, but I surely would now.

(although I've grown rather proficient at scrolling past certain avatars with lightening speed.)

It would still be a nice thing to have.
edit on 3/23/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Post value is relative depending on the readers knowledge and interests.
I watched a U tube video recently where James Tayler walked on stage during a Tayler Swift concert and started playing fire and rain. None of the audience knew the lyrics for the song so Tayler Swift played "fifteen".

If you had infinite band width and storage capacity you could download the entire ATS database and sort it with a custom Usenet style reader.
Otherwise ATS is going to remain an esoteric universal dream that can only be searched privately.

edit on 23-3-2015 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

five stars are in reality worth no more than one star. its a socially validating gesture and at most, a measuring stick to determine general response from the public.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I would also like an ignore button and a block profile picture button so I dont have to keep punching my screen when little liberal wiggers pop up

Wiggers?

Tut tut!

How sad.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

riiiight...let's just make ATS a blog for right-wingers only....as if there weren't enough of those already.....can't you find a bash-liberals-Obama site?...there are thousands of them.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I think I'll start a new thread called "who wants to block people's posts"...

Then I'll start another called "who truly advocates for freedom of speech"...

& I've got odds over here that both threads are filled with the same people!

Guffaw!!!

😂😂😂

Freedom of speech, really?

You're free to say whatever you want and I'm free to ignore your nonsense. The Westboro Baptist Church loons are free to say whatever they want but that doesn't mean I have to like it, listen to it, or not wish they'd all go die in a fire.

It's really nothing personal, I just happen to disagree with 99.99999% of what you post and your debate style annoys the living piss out of me.

No hard feelings.
edit on 3/23/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Use the scroll button!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Use the scroll button!

That isn't an option when you take over a thread and start debating back and forth with one or two posters because your unpopular opinion is challenged.

Almost every thread you post in turns into a pissing match between you and the folks who are rational. I honestly believe that you just enjoy having the dissenting view on every topic and you seem incapable of "agreeing to disagree."

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I find it very sad that someone tries to suggest a positive thing on this site and of course, someone else has to come in, hijack the thread and post hateful negative stuff.

Charlie, you are a sweet guy and thank you for suggesting something positive for the members.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

riiiight...let's just make ATS a blog for right-wingers only....as if there weren't enough of those already.....can't you find a bash-liberals-Obama site?...there are thousands of them.

You're making his point.

He doesn't care if you post, he just doesn't want to read it. You decided to post your opinion bashing his opinion and that completely unproductive post would have never existed with an ignore button. All the threads that devolve into personal-attack fests would be non-existent if people could just ignore each other.

There are only a few on my list but every time they post in a thread, I want to facepalm myself unconscious.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I find it very sad that someone tries to suggest a positive thing on this site and of course, someone else has to come in, hijack the thread and post hateful negative stuff.

Charlie, you are a sweet guy and thank you for suggesting something positive for the members.

The internet is really not that serious and SEE! if you had an ignore button, you wouldn't have to read my posts!

I'm one of those strange people who doesn't have a single negative feeling toward any member personally and I'd probably enjoy having a beer and a real-life conversation with everyone on this site in real life. I address the opinion being presented online... nothing more.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Wow I clicked on this thread by mistake, and I have to say it's been one of the best I've read in a while.

Very entertaining!

Instead of raising the flag and star count, instead why not try being more selective about when to give one?
That way, when you give a star it might mean more, instead of handing them out like bird feed.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

There are only a few on my list but every time they post in a thread, I want to facepalm myself unconscious.

That made me laugh

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

How does someone "start a debate" if they've been "challenged"???

You're clearly using imbecilic rhetoric to drift from the op question...

You'd rather use vapid nonsense to attack me personally than leave an answer on a 5 star button and then move along to another thread.

How sad!
edit on 23-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Vapid.... Certainly not "valid" !!!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

How does someone "start a debate" if they've been "challenged"???

You're clearly using imbecilic rhetoric to drift from the op question...

You'd rather use vapid nonsense to attack me personally than leave an answer on a 5 star button and then move along to another thread.

How sad!

Thank you for proving my point. You just can't resist. You could have just as easily ignored my posts and scrolled on past, right?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I like the idea behind it, but I'm not sure if it'd work... maybe something else. Like how about regular members get to offer one applause a week? Then, on everybody's profile, there'd be mod applauses received and member applauses received? In any case, I'd give you five stars or an applause for this thread, Charlie. It's nice to see some positivity around.

As for the ignore option. How do you intend on denying ignorance if you only wish to read certain opinions? You can only have an informed opinion once you've read all sides of it. Not saying that there are some members who don't add anything to a discussion other than being a pain, I admit I'd want nothing more than to ignore them, but still... that kinda goes against what ATS stands for...

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Could easily have scrolled past!

But I'm not the one who wants to ignore people.

Bit hypocritical aswell saying "you can't resist" when you yourself decided to try and have the last word!
Failing at that!

Clearly you're just not very good at debate and you project your inadequacy onto others by claiming "your debate style is piss poor"...

Don't like my opinions?
Think I am contrary?

No.
Just don't have a mind cloned into the mould of your own, therefore I have a unique input.

The funny thing is I've starred you numerous times...
How sad!

Do yourself a favour, put down the shovel, stop digging, climb out, and walk away!

There's a good chap!
edit on 23-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join