It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian-born Ted Cruz, Texas Senator, to Launch U.S. Presidential Bid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Ted Cruz, Texas senator, to launch U.S. presidential bid
Canadian-born Cruz, 44, will be the 1st high-profile candidate to formally launch White House bid

…The son of an American mother and Cuban-born father, Cruz would be the nation's first Hispanic president. While born in Canada, two lawyers who represented presidents from both parties at the Supreme Court recently wrote in the Harvard Law Review that Cruz meets the constitutional standard to run.

Born in Calgary, Alta., in 1970, Cruz formally gave up his Canadian citizenship in May 2014.

Canadian-born Ted Cruz, Texas Senator, to Launch U.S. Presidential Bid

Canadian-born U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, to an American mother and Cuban-born father. Aides say he will announce on Monday. He will be the first high-profile candidate to formally launch a bid for the White House.

This should be interesting.

Ted Cruz Running For President: Texas Senator to Announce 2016 White House Bid Monday

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz will announce his presidential campaign Monday, becoming the first major presidential candidate to officially enter the 2016 race.

Aides to the Republican senator tell ABC News he will make the announcement during the convocation speech at Liberty University, a Christian college in Lynchburg, Virginia, on Monday morning. News of the announcement was first reported by the Houston Chronicle.

ATS, 2013: Can Ted Cruz run for president?

edit on 22/3/15 by soficrow because: fix

edit on 22/3/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/3/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I guess the question would be centered around whether or not Ted Cruz did or did not have to be officially "naturalized", in which case there should be a paper trail, or if his citizenship was automatically bestowed on him by the American government upon his birth.

However, it's my understanding that Cruz was bestowed with dual Canadian and and US citizenship upon his birth. I wonder if he also had Cuban citizenship?

edit on 22-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Cruz is a canary in a cage. His role is not to win the nomination. His role is to be the first into the fray, voicing his outlandish positions and ideas to test out the vapors in the cave of voters. His extreme right wing ideology is to far right to win the election however, by being the first to announce, he will be able to set the tone of the coming national talking points. Those points what stick to the wall nationally will then be picked up by others, those that gain no traction will be ignored.

Why Ron Paul not announce first? Then the coming Repub scrambling might be something to be interested in.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Good our take over is going according to plans

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I guess that God damn piece of paper saying something about being a natural born citizen means crap eh..
This is the same crap that was said when Arnold Schwarzenegger wanted to be president . Yiou need to be born in the US to be president. But then again nobody listens to that God damn piece of paper anyhow.

Hey Soficrow.. long time no see.
edit on 3/22/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Cruz is running interference to help usher in the final candidate.

Is he a "natural born citizen"?

Lots of diversions will be created by Cruz's comments.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I was born in the USA so I'm American by birth, but my daughter was born in Canada. I moved back to the US when she was 5 years old and tried to get her citizenship recognized. Ended up spending thousands of dollars for nothing - she's still not recognized as American by right of birth abroad or anything else.

TerryMaguire makes a good case above. While I suspect Terry might be right about Cruz testing the waters for talking points, I think there's a bigger issue on the table here.

Canada and the USA -and Mexico- for that matter are bound at the hip with NAFTA - and I suspect our corporate rulers would like to "simplify" all our elections. And thus, their rule.

edit on 22/3/15 by soficrow because: tnkr

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Let’s see if they give this white guy the same misery they gave Obama.

Of course it may not matter since I doubt Cruz gets to be president.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Cruz is running interference to help usher in the final candidate.

Is he a "natural born citizen"?

Lots of diversions will be created by Cruz's comments.

No he isn't the tip off was born in Canada not born in the Us. So ya he is not natural born.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Please add comments to the already-existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join