It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Princetin students be suspended for chanting 4 more years.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well at least they know the terms are 4 years.

I have notice on the boards here lately that there are some people that think they are 6.

As to the topic my answer is NO, they shouldn't be suspended, but they should be told they are being idiots.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

Assuming the story is true (which at the moment, I doubt), the students should not be suspended.

The story is true that the some students at the basketball game were chanting 'four more years'.

Thank you, AM.

OP, consider using sources when posting threads like this. It's helpful to those attempting to discuss what could be an interesting story.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Here is a quick source since the Original Poster did not include one.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks again.

Having read the article (which is more of a blurb), the event seems to have been pretty innocuous. He waved at the team, and they responded affably.

Like him or not, the man is popular with the kids, and their chant may have been little more than their way of showing him their approval, or just their way of showing appreciation for his acknowledgment of them.
edit on 3/22/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

I'm the product of New York state public education system.

No offense intended. It was more of a slight against public education in general.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

A lot of that has to do with the individual student too. I got as much as I could out of it and state college.
edit on 3222015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Should the Princetin students be suspended for chanting 4 more years.....

Definately the "Princetin" students should be suspended and taunted until they cry.

On the other hand....

The Princeton students should be awarded their J.Ds degrees and given new Beemers for their diligence and hard work and be given an office where they can bask in their accomplishments.
edit on 22-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

How do you know the chant was about Obama? Maybe they were just being unreasonably optimistic about their student load debt?
edit on 22-3-2015 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why are there so many stupid college kids?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It simply shows the state of education in the US today.

Even Ivy league schools haven't educated their students properly on the US Constitution and the basic rules that make up the laws of the US.

Suspended? For idiocy maybe! Not for making idiotic remarks, but for demonstrating that the ivy league schools are raising up a bunch of idiots.

Princeton should be suspended from the Ivy League for having such idiots for students.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
What is the source of this because even if their intent was to change a governmental procedure like term length they should not have gotten suspended. Freedom of speech and all. I would be,shocked if students were suspended for chanting four more years. Really shocked. Four more years are not offensive words.

There weren't term limits until Roosevelt died.

Why is it wrong to want to change the law?

The limits were put in place because people feared the US was headed toward an elected Dictatorship.
Kim Jung Un (North Korea) is an elected President in a country with no term limits. Fidel Castro (Cuba where everyone is equally poor except the political elite) was an elected President in a country with no term limits, and now his brother Raul is President. I could go on and on about Presidents with no term limits and what happens to the country as a result.

The term limits ensure that the extreme power of the Presidency, which Obama has deftly used and consolidated over the past 8 years, as does every president of 8 years - is not misused to create a Dictatorship.

You may love the current Dictator, but what about the next one? And who is to stop any President from using the NSA, FBI, CIA, IRS, to squash and punish all opposition? Thus ending completely any hope the people have of any form of democracy.

We are now at risk of becoming a dynasty (Clinton/Bush either one) instead of a Democracy. Why would you want to change the law that would end up creating a Dictatorship? We are already perilously close to being a dynastic Presidency.

edit on 2Sun, 22 Mar 2015 14:01:48 -0500pm32203pmk220 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If I paid the money to go to Princeton and I'm chanting four more years to a two-term President ... I think I should be demanding my money back.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join