It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music you love that never dates.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I grew up loving popular music and can go back quite a time. Have had two ops which meant some time laid up after each. So I got onto the music stations and my s'n-word'ing Mac - purely because I am not adept with it. I then started going through old groups I had loved listening to and have been literally in heaven as music now floods into the room for any mood or occasion.

Thought I would mention some and see if others felt like adding their favourites?

My wife's all time favourite is Martha's Harbour Something about Eve. I have to agree with her its a beautiful 'Celtic' song. I have always loved the Fine Young Cannibals Good Thing. Blue Oyster Cult's Don't Fear the Reaper, Genesis/Phil Collins about 5 songs get aired daily. The Doors again a number of them, America Horse with No Name, a good spattering of Neil Young and am currently listening to the Verve.
The guy reminds me so much of me when much younger and before I met the wife and got led by the 'silly handle' into the 'suit' stage.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I like watching old music so good

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

I remember this and dancing to it. I immediately thought of Little Eva's Locomotion - another great dance to sound. I didn't include any Motown but at that time with the West Coast music being so good also, it was like living in musical heaven.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
youtu.be...

Alice Cooper - Only Women Bleed

I hugely prefer the original recording, but this was the best I could find on UT.

edit on 22-3-2015 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
35 years since release and still fresh as a daisy.

Although Lemmy did make it slightly more awesome , I normally don't like acoustic versions but this is the exception.

Rock is like fine wine , if it's good it gets better with age.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Black betty by ram jam and anything by black sabbath.
All the best.
B. V. H

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hell yeah!! Hail lemmy!!a reply to: gortex

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

pfft, i think it is pretty clear by now that in 30 years we will still be hearing AC/DC in movie soundtracks. They are clearly going to be winners in the Rock category for Longevity of Relevance.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Variable
when i hear AC/DC and movie soundtrack, the first thing i think of is Maximum Overdrive.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Brilliant tune that, so much power.

All time(less) classic

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
music was always a big part of my life growing up. and now thanks to youtube i get to hear stuff i haven't heard in years. my favorite bands is the Misfits and a big fan of Danzig's solo ablums as well. Danzig's second band Samhain is great as well. you really can't find Samhain cds( about $50 for a good used cd and over $200 for still sealed in plastic) so much really good punk rock that you were not able to find for years till some one converted it from vinyl and uploaded to youtube.

youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

It is amazing that 20 years goes by in the blink of an eye...but listening to one song can transport you back to that exact moment when you first heard it. I remember where I was, who I was with and even what I had on...good times, so bittersweet.

SMASHING PUMPKINS "1979"

Nice thread,OP.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Music you love that never dates.

That got to be a joke.

We call the "a Single" my friends

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: cancerslug
music was always a big part of my life growing up. and now thanks to youtube i get to hear stuff i haven't heard in years. my favorite bands is the Misfits and a big fan of Danzig's solo ablums as well. Danzig's second band Samhain is great as well. you really can't find Samhain cds( about $50 for a good used cd and over $200 for still sealed in plastic) so much really good punk rock that you were not able to find for years till some one converted it from vinyl and uploaded to youtu

Nice. Did you get to any of the Samhain dates this Fall? I went to the show the day before Halloween and it was great. The only thing that would have made it better would have been Eerie Von playing bass.

Danzig is getting up there so the gut is a bit bigger, hair thinner and voice not as powerful but I still had as much fun seeing him as I did 25 years ago. He had some of the lyrics for more obscure Samhain songs written down which he was read from so that was sort of funny.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Pink Floyd from another brick in the to comfortably numb and marooned to iron maiden the trooper and flight of icaurus

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
In my opinion this version of the song should go down as one of the greatest rock songs ever..

I don't think you can get a more timeless song then this..
Someday 50 years from now some kid some place will put on a version of this song and they will feel something..I chose the BSG version by Bear McCreary..

Finally The Wall by Pink Floyd..How many people over the past 30 years have put this album on , put on their headphones and just zoned out. How many people will continue to do that going forward...

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Two tracks from the first ever progressive rock album by the fathers of progressive rock.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hey guys thanks fort sharing one of your favourite music. Currently I am listening to the Dandy Warhols Top Tracks and loving every minute of it. Apart from Diana's Love Hangover, Nelson's Move Closer and a few other beautiful ballads I have always loved dancing and the Warhols steady rock in the background is fantastic.

Missmissie summed it up with her comments but I also just love the effect today of listening to such good music. For me music links to the soul and it can either gee you up or calm you down - its great we have such a variety to choose from - where would we be without our musicians?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Way before my time but I love it, and still relevant.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join