It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 yr old Baptist boy remembers past life as actor and agent in 1920's

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Well good I'll take you off the arm twisting list. That leaves LesMis, MM, and Arb.

👣

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Excellent view! Very tight presentation without fluff, all done without notes.

I like the fact that Swann got frozen out by a magnetic shield. There is still hope for some privacy!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Who are the experts this is supposed to be baffling? How are they testing it, what methods are they using and how does somebody even become a qualified expert in this field?

Not saying reincarnation isn't plausible but poor families in India pull scams exactly like this all the time to milk money from people who want to believe it.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Or 'Let's Make A Deal'.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Very interesting, but isn't it possible he's being coached by his parents to say these things? People using their children to achieve fame is not unheard of, after all. Still an interesting read, thanks OP.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
How is reincarnation weirder than just doing... whatever this is... once? Recycling is economic... and everyone knows the universe is frugal... at least the part of the universe acting as my landlord, anyway... cheap bastard...

edit on 3/24/2015 by Baddogma because: in to is

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The cloud looking at itself from myriad perspectives/ angles is akin to Bohm's breakthrough idea about quantum entanglement... in that particles aren't separate, they just seem like they are... they're the same thing... just seen from different "cameras" and extruding into this universe from a higher perspective where they are in fact, one whole unit.

Some physics for a Tuesday afternoon... heh

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Lord... I've experienced enough 'bad' weirdness for several lifetimes ... but hope I still have some more to go as this ride is fun and the seat I have is pretty nice for a cheap seat... heh...

I just wonder if it's free or if the real "me" that will awaken when it's over went into debt to pay for it... like a cosmic Disneyland... and even more of a rip off?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I caught a bit of Coast to Coast am this morning and it was about reincarnation. The story you posted was very interesting it is hard to account for such things apart from the belief in reincarnation. I mean a Christian would almost have to claim that it was a demon speaking through the boy... ( claiming that the demon would know all of the info having lived during that time )

Btw Your avatar reminds me of when I was a teenager in NC. I got bit by a black widow spider while camping. I didn't know what had bit me until it was all over 2 days later ( I found it in my sleeping bag ) after I felt well enough to go back and get it. During the time it was the worst my lower back muscles were in a constant state of contracting intensely and the only relief I could get was to stand at the foot of my bed and fall onto it. The relief came only during the fall . I just kept doing it over and over for probably an hr or 2

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc
Very interesting, but isn't it possible he's being coached by his parents to say these things? People using their children to achieve fame is not unheard of, after all. Still an interesting read, thanks OP.

It's certainly possible, but if that's the case, the parents would have had to research the life of Marty Martin, also, they would had to have known about the mistake on the death certificate, which wasn't well known.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
a reply to: Anyafaj

I caught a bit of Coast to Coast am this morning and it was about reincarnation. The story you posted was very interesting it is hard to account for such things apart from the belief in reincarnation. I mean a Christian would almost have to claim that it was a demon speaking through the boy... ( claiming that the demon would know all of the info having lived during that time )

Btw Your avatar reminds me of when I was a teenager in NC. I got bit by a black widow spider while camping. I didn't know what had bit me until it was all over 2 days later ( I found it in my sleeping bag ) after I felt well enough to go back and get it. During the time it was the worst my lower back muscles were in a constant state of contracting intensely and the only relief I could get was to stand at the foot of my bed and fall onto it. The relief came only during the fall . I just kept doing it over and over for probably an hr or 2

I know if I were to tell some of my family that I thought I was reincarnated, I would NEVER hear the end of it. Half would think I was possessed by a spirit used by Satan. No I wish I were joking! Worse is my Uncle and Nana were still around, they were hard core Catholics! Myself, I'm nondenominational Christian with a very open mind. Almost unheard of in my family. I'm literally the odd man out. LOL

As for my avatar, it's from the Princess and the Frog, Disney movie. It describes me to a 'T'. Half the time, I'm too exhausted to move. LOL Some days I just wish I could just drop into my bed. LOL But since I can't, I'll let Tiana do it for me. LOL

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Now that's an interesting story. While I don't particularly believe in any post-life theories, I do enjoy reading about them... and this one certainly is entertaining.

S&F

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thank you, OP. I have always found this a worthwhile topic that deserves further research. Dr. Ian Stevenson's work seemed to cement the argument, the belief of most people that it exists and even Cayce's phenomenal insights into it were of value to my own belief system. Logically, it makes sense when stripped of dogma and religious fluff.

Not all past memories are of "famous people" but those are the ones most easily researched for validity while also being the easiest for forgery by unscrupulous claims. I always look at those skeptically but they get the most attention for the obvious "star value". However the memories most valid are those by children since they often offer information that may not have been learned any other way like the birth date of Martin in this instance. There will always be charlatans in this type of venture as there are in any other and they will seek to profit from it. But just because somebody writes a book about it does not mean that is their primary motive-how else would we know if it was not documented?

Some mentioned being an ant or plant or whatever. That is not reincarnation, that is transmigration. And even that is not a simple subject and open to far more speculation than death and rebirth. Regardless, if one seeks, perhaps they will truly find but ultimately, if we were meant to know our past lives, we would. Randomness or chaos exists in the universe, no reason to believe it also does not exist in our human experiences in the past, present or future.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

I believe it. The actor died and went to the underworld, drank from the river Lethe, and then was returned to live a better more prosperous life so that his soul could learn and he could eventually enter into Elysium. I can answer most questions pertaining to reincarnation. It is a subject that I am extremely knowledgeable about.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

It would be interesting to find out what if anything you believe in. The reason why most people that state they have been reincarnated are picked apart is because they have forgotten (Lethe) most of their past life and just remember small details. The brain is only so huge. Can you imagine trying to remember possibly up to 5000 years worth of past lives? Heck, most people can't remember what they did 25 years ago let alone try to remember names and intricate details of a life they had a 100 years ago. Reincarnation can be easily explained through faith. If you do not have faith, then you won't believe it. That's ok. Someday you might find out. It is easy. You die and if you lived a crummy life, you go to the underworld. Where you go from there, you will find out as everyone on this planet earth has one thing in common and that is death.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

And has similarities with this:abcnews.go.com...

And this is more in-depth: www.iisis.net...

Marty has been mentioned before or this has been re-hashed..

Edit: In this "common passerby's opinion" is that it is youngsters recalling 'past Life(s)' because their Pineal Gland hasn't had time to calcify, ergo dulling each Self's connection to The Devine... There is a place in Virginia if memory serves, that has 1,000s of files of "Past Life Tales" and the majority are from children.. "From the mouth of babes..."

When I was 3 years old I went on a walkabout in a store, when the "Man" asked Me My name I said "Mitzi Foster" Where did that come from?
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join