It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 yr old Baptist boy remembers past life as actor and agent in 1920's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Too far from OP and lots of info on the CIA experiments conducted into Remote Viewing and funded for many years.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky
You're the one who said this which says you think it's highly related to the topic of this thread:

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
I see Remote Viewing as that way to peek into 'the collective' allowing access to other peoples 'memories'. It fits well with people simply seeing memories from past lives.
Right? How can you say that and now say it's unrelated to the topic of this thread?

Remote Viewing

There is no credible scientific evidence that remote viewing works, and the topic of remote viewing has been regarded as pseudoscience.

Those CIA experiments? You didn't mention these severe problems:
Remote Viewing Program: A critical Re-Evaluation

The Central Intelligence Agency recently commissioned a report on the effectiveness of US government funded research in demonstrating the existence of a remote viewing effect that could be used for intelligence-gathering purposes. The evaluators focused their attention on successful studies recently conducted by Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) and concluded that the studies contained no discernible flaws. This paper first outlines xx a key study in the report (referred to as Experiment One) and then examines whether the study contained four potential methodological problems. The paper demonstrates that there are severe problems associated with reconstructing important aspects of the study and that two of the flaws may be able to account for the study’s outcome.

It is clear that Remote Viewing has scientifically shown itself valid. The experiments were so tightly controlled the results are valid.
No, it's not clear, and no the experiments were not without severe flaws.

edit on 23-3-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm quite skeptical anytime it's a sort of, "Look, this amazing thing happened...buy my book!"

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

This seems like a reasonable position, until you consider the billions of 'souls' on the planet and how many generations they have lived over thousands of years. Expand that number to include animals and plants if your so inclined.

If there is a 'reincarnation system' it would have to be beyond statistically possibly precise to NEVER let any previous memories slip through. That is just too many 'widgets' for any system not to malfunction a little.

How can 10,000 angels dance on the head of pin?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Lots on RV for people to find at ATS. This is about reincarnation. I simply wanted to mention to people that the two subjects may be using a similar 'system' that we don't know about very well.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I am not convinced, exactly, there could be other explanations, even for the most impressive cases - what if the collective subconscious just holds all memory of all experiences, and like a soup, we tap into certain ones at certain times....perhaps because we have certain thoughts or feelings which are similar...

I like this explanation much more than everyone having 'individual' experiences that are their own. It seems to fit with other strange things like telepathy and communication without talking.

Another interesting concept that has come out of some hypnosis research- that a soul can incarnate more than one body at the same time, in order to learn and experience more at a faster rate.

This leads me to the 'we are all one' concept and that 'souls' might not be separate and 'yours'...they may simply be a part of a much larger whole.

Of course arguments of 'part of a bigger whole' may not be true.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
How can 10,000 angels dance on the head of pin?

I find the topic of reincarnation interesting and valuable to discuss. It is a widely held belief in the East but much less so in the West.

If we did prove it to be true imagine the potential if we could transfer memories over many lifetimes. The innovations we could create because people didn't have to re-learn so many simple things each lifetime.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I think you'll get a big kick out of this. 😉

👣

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't think it's reincarnation...

I think he's just remembering memories. The place we all came from and go back to is sort of like the digital "cloud". Everything that ever is, was, or will be starts and goes back there and exists here and there simultaneously.

He's just tapped into the "could". Perhaps a part of him is still a little stuck in that higher dimensional plane...I think we remember/have access to this place very early on after birth, but because we can't talk yet we don't describe it to others. As we get older we cement our consciousness into our individual realities and get amnesia.

I call it the "is-ness" ... because it just "is". It's everything and nothing, and paradoxes make sense there. All memories that can, will, and have been already exist there.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

If you watch that vid I posted above, you'll learn much about that cloud... 😇

👣

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

I've already been to the cloud...

An analogy that might make sense to technology-inclined people is this:

We think of ourselves as separate individuals -- but we're not. We're really all the same "thing", just experiencing everything from different perspectives.

It's as if there is ONE computer, and each of us is a webcam looking at reality from various angles. Each camera doesn't know it's connected to the same computer as the other cameras.
edit on 23-3-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I find the topic of reincarnation interesting and valuable to discuss. It is a widely held belief in the East but much less so in the West.

Less so in the West because Christian's declared the subject taboo and heretical. MORE INFO We've seen it in this thread, Christians declaring, so called, part life memories as demonic. Even eastern cultures had to suppress past life memories, lest people attempt to surpass their assigned karmic caste.

If we did prove it to be true imagine the potential if we could transfer memories over many lifetimes. The innovations we could create because people didn't have to re-learn so many simple things each lifetime.

I think that DOES happen and IS happening, and many people re-incarnate into constructs of their own creation, because of the desire to realize some unfinished goal.

I think the problems arise, and the logic behind my previous post, is when we try to use statistics and logistics to explain something (the phenomena of reincarnation) that MUST violate our current limited understanding of space and time.

edit on 23-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Then you know it's the Earths magnetic field?

👣

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Fascinating OP

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Or they aren't all liars, and the truthful ones find they are dealing with willfully ignorant armchair critics.

Those who believe their own lies make the best liars.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

Then you know it's the Earths magnetic field?

👣

It's the entire universe, everything from an electron to a distant sun, everything has to be experienced in every single permutation to infinity. There are an infinite number of realities and points of view, but they all arise from the same one-source. There's a reality out there identical to your own in which only one subatomic particle is different.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

We think of ourselves as separate individuals -- but we're not. We're really all the same "thing", just experiencing everything from different perspectives.

Reality isn't one thing anymore than a pile of marbles is one thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Well, yeah, but the earth’s magnetosphere contains complex configurations very similar to the brain at roughly the same intensity as the brain. There is a high co-relation between the level of geomagnetic activity and psychic ability.

This is an important clue into psychic ability and provides a mechanism for it and hence reincarnation.

Watch the vid, you'll like it. Or do I have to start twisting arms around here. That little Lego arm of yours will pop right off.

👣

edit on 974MondayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruMondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I cant see why one couldn't remember a past incarnation . If we contend that we have an astral body or soul, that inhabits a biological machine made of base matter,with a locking code , specifically for the user . Then so many things become possible its mind blowing.

Yes, I agree.

I think Remote Viewing opens up a little peek into what's going on 'on the other side'. It is clear that Remote Viewing has scientifically shown itself valid. The experiments were so tightly controlled the results are valid.

I see Remote Viewing as that way to peek into 'the collective' allowing access to other peoples 'memories'. It fits well with people simply seeing memories from past lives. Basically Remote Viewing without the mental concentration.

If we assume that the only difference between each person, is their awareness, with regards to this particular subject. Then assuming that some people know more than others. Then if I wanted to remote view something , that someone didn't want me to see . We could assume that this would be a block, because we are dealing with thoughts which is the only tool in this toolbox . One persons is as good as another's. If its memory access which is the key to remote viewing, you would have to access to an individuals memory, hence the difficulty as it would be beyond the locking code for that individual, which may be the specific individuals D.N.A. that's why twins seem to do it easier than anyone else. That's why Siamese twins are very intriguing as they can share thoughts through the shared nervous system.So unless the individual wasn't locking down the information. The only way to get hits , is on something which no one has stuck a "don't go there" sign on , in thought and deed . The ability to block information availability, is what makes the individuals life experience unique to that individual. If we could access anyone's memory at will, to all intense and purpose, individuality would be lost. Which would make reincarnating as an individual pointless. Although at some stage this might be the case.

But if memories are stored in a cloud , it gets interesting, as it would require a massive computer to store all the relevant information gained in a lifetime, one could contend that the individual hasn't this storage capacity. As it would require only a small capacity of memory to operate from day to day , but the main bulk would have to be stored someplace else,to get to this main storage facility . You would have to leave the day to day, die and maybe that's what trances and sleeping is all about.

But, if the above is the case, then this is the way the Universe works. Which isn't Voodoo, its the the operating reality, with all the implications.
edit on 23-3-2015 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

I think you'll get a big kick out of this. 😉

👣

Thanks...I've got it scheduled for viewing! The beauty of ATS strikes again!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join