It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what video game should I play?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I LOVE the crafting system in swtor! And for me, F2P is ok because you don't get as much XP, which is perfect for me because I love levelling and HATE end game. I end up making an alt every time I get to level cap. For me, it's about the journey.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope
Well I cant say which game you should play. But I know which game I am going to be playing next week...Bloodbourne, totally stoked and cant wait. Even heard they did not make it to pc ie conform to the average crowd and make it easier.

Diablo was fun, back in the day. But the new one, well it...Meh! Whatever.

Skyrim was pretty fun, but it did get old there at the end.

Modern warfare. I bought the new one, played it for about a day, its been sitting in the shelves ever since. The halo games were cool, back in the day. To tell the truth I cant think of one FPS game now a days which would be good, and the only one Halo 5 is a long ways off.

The sims? The game is just boring, may as well get a chia pet would probably be more engaging.

World of Warcraft? I tried to get into it once, and that was back when I was more into mmos, could not get past the 2 hour mark, the original Guild Wars were better in my opinion.

I could go on. But really so far only looking forward to 2 games, Bloodbourne and the Witcher 3. There are better games coming out, I could list them, but those are still a ways off and may be a hit or miss. And all the older games? Well I either beat them or they just dont interest me. However saying that, there are a bunch of videogames out there now a days more so then when videogames were first picking up on the market, both big names and indie games.

In fact I think us older gamers are more jaded then anything. If I was a kid and there were this many videogames out back then as there are now, really I would not know were to start...>But now a days! Meh! Been there done that, and only stick to a few games which really interest me. For the most part, i think people get stuck into the genres and games or type of games they got first introduced to as a kid. So if you cant find anything, well maybe you should just take up gardening or go outside and play ball or something.

But ya! Other then that! If you got a PS4 get Bloodbourne next week.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Dishonored was fun to play and Tomb Raider 2013 is also a good game.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Might I suggest war frame for PC and ps4....really good

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Shelve your console, gather some friends and play some D&D!

Or Ganma World. , Traveler, & Metamorphosis Alpha my favorite pre-internet multiplayer games.

link   

League of Legends and H1Z1 (Battle Royale) are my suggestions. League is free.

link   
Now I know you said you dislike FPS, though I recommended the Half-Life series. Its more then just a FPS.

Another great game series, which IMO is the best ever, is the Legacy of Kain series. Amazing game play and storyline.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Please delete sorry mods and viewers alike, my device has a mind of its own
edit on 3212015 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Was Dishonored anything like Thief? I tried the demo for Thief and didn't really care for it.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Please delete sorry mods and viewers alike, my device has a mind of its own

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I've played MOBA games, and liked them enough - When I have the fortune of getting team-mates with higher IQ's than 50. I'm looking for something that has immersive solo play, and maybe optional multiplayer.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I utterly despise LoL. Its not the game, I hate the players.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Was Dishonored anything like Thief? I tried the demo for Thief and didn't really care for it.

Dishonored is 1000x better than the new Thief game.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Like any online game the community can be crap but LoL seems to stand out on its own as far as trolls are concerned. That said, Riot has impliemted a Nazi like ban system so the trolls will get banned, trust me.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Aye, I don't have a Playstation - Though I've thought about getting it for current/future Final Fantasy/Kingdom hearts games.

Purchase a PlayStation 3 and a PlayStation 4 and acquire Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection (PS3) and Metal Gear Solid V (Ground Zeroes, The Phantom Pain - PS4).

An out of the blue suggestion, but you won't regret it.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

I haven`t played Thief, but seem some stuff on YouTube from it.

Dishonored you have player freedom and can be creative in how you tackle problems and it has a nice atmosphere too...I`m guessing in Dishonored you have to be way more creative which makes it fun to do, and also the lots of different choices to get to you goal is what makes it fun.

I never liked Fall Out or Skyrim, have played them both for a large part, but to me Dishonored is way better (can be just my preference in liking more creativity to get the job done). It`s fun to become a rat for a short while and be able to teleport a short distances, etc.

This is a good review of it...

edit on 21 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one's suggested Borderlands!! True, there's some fps elements, but the rpg and humor are second to only a few games. I can't tell you how many times I busted out laughing during the games because of something that was said. Can also play solo and multiplayer.

Worth checking out.

The Borg

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Sweet thx. GOTY edition is only $33 for pc, so I'll most likely look into it.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBorg

OMG how could I forget Borderlands!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I came across this comparison between Thief and Dishonored, well Dishonored wins...

The graphics are a bit outdated, but when you play, you will not miss that at all. It`s from the same atmosphere designer as HfL2 if I`m not mistaken.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join