It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinformation campaigns and the movie Mirage Men

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EnPassant

One of my favorite subjects; just dripping with high strangeness...
and in a league of it's own, before the OSS and other alphabet
agencies got involved.

Those are the things we should be investigating..

And I don't have as much of an answer as I'd like.. that's where
the 'not much mystery left' has to invoke 'some mystery
remains'.

Kev

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Oh there IS a very real situation.

It just has nothing to to do with alien spacecraft,
physical alien beings, or even breakaway
civilizations with human FTL drive technology.

There is a DEADLY REAL situation at the core,
behind all the BS.

But I can't deny all that obfuscation either.

Kev

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

The book talks a lot about the Bennewitz tragedy, where a good
man was fed false information which destroyed him, in order
to keep him away from a classified aircraft project at a local base.

Also I think it's fair to say, that it has been very much in the governments
favor that so many people think they have 'crashed alien tech'.. especially
the US's enemies.

In short, it's very convenient for the US government to have ET & Alien
mythology as a cover story.

Now as to my view, as to what's behind even that level of deception,
that's a different subject entirely.

There are layers upon layers upon layers of deception and self-serving
'truth's to be had, all the way down the stack of turtles as they say.

Kev

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well that's what makes this subject so annoying!

The 'UFO' that I saw, was as clear as my HD TV I'm looking
at right now.. and it was (apparently) so close I could have
shot it with my .22 rifle.

But it wasn't a 'UFO' as far as I know.. and not a black ops
plane either.

The 'truth' of this subject is beyond slippery.

Kev

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

But it wasn't a 'UFO' as far as I know.. and not a black ops
plane either.

I grew up fathered by a Lockheed aeronautical engineer. We went to every air show there was. I've studied flight, rocketry, military weapons and every phenomenon under the sun and in the air.

What I and friends saw one night was not from here. It was flying, it was technical.

edit on 21-3-2015 by intrptr because: spelling and change

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I'm curious Karl, why the snippy "Thanks for the good laugh"?

I've researched this subject more than most people, and have
met at least one person written about in the book and have
talked to them in great detail over lunch and afterwards.

I personally am satisfied about the boundaries between the
real and the unreal for the most part, and it's my opinion that
there is enough publicly available information that anyone
could come to a similar conclusion.

Please explain why you are 'laughing'?

Kev

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes, that' the genius of it.

I can't argue with the apparent realness of your perception.

Like I said, it's a very slippery area this subject...
and I can understand why someone would have whatever
opinion that they do.. and I'm not disparaging anyone.

The layered deception upon deception is master class.

Kev

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Kev

That I totally agree with. I tried to point that out in my opening post here, page 1.

ETA: after reviewing a preview of the movie… "The myth the US government created that took over the world".

See how they do that? Now every story anyone has is suspect.

Assholes.
edit on 21-3-2015 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Mirage Men is a great movie and should be mandatory for people who want to discuss UFO lore. While the movie sticks to the Bennowitz affair largely it does quickly mention the same actors being involved in several other very big UFO stories/myths.

If you haven't watched the movie multiple times you've probably missed some aspects it raises. It touches on so many classic meme's in the UFO field.

There was a thread made in ATS where one of the producers signed onto ATS and talked about the film. I would link but go find it for yourself.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The question to ask oneself when pondering on the subject of extraterrestrial intelligence, alleged alien craft, alleged abductions, etc, is at what point does it change my life, and in what way? Validation of it may change your viewpoint, but it's not going to change your life. You would be better off looking retrospectively upon your life in relation to the mystery itself, or to place your existence within the context of ufology. Ufology cannot be affective upon your life, it can only be affective upon your world view as part of the questions pertaining to our origins, our placement in the grand scheme of existence, and how we are to shape our future.

Take a look at the human race and the modernity it has come into. Ufology has become just another one of our psychoses, and if black ops manipulate anything, it is our psychoses. Black ops agendas are never revealed until the agenda is complete, and even then, only within an historical context. However, what should always be remembered is that at their central core is a human desire to manufacture an effect for specific human purposes.

IF...there is an extraterrestrial presence on this planet, why do you think they are here? Resources the planet may have? I doubt that. If an intelligent life form has the capability to travel the vast distance of space, they will have the technology to mine any planet for resources, so whatever our planet may have can be found and taken from elsewhere. No. Their only interest with this planet as an intelligent species would be towards us ourselves, as a life form whose intelligence is both primal and non-primal and evolving. They would study us from the context of their own evolution. It would seem to me that no matter what life forms arise and fall cyclically on a planet, life always, and without exception, evolves towards 'intelligence', but holding no guarantee of success for evolving from primal instinct to non-primal objectivity and utility.

Here on our planet our species is comprised of races at various stages of development in expressing human intellect, not all of them will make it, because as intelligence evolves it becomes more utilitarian in its outlook, more pragmatic and more statistical. Higher intelligences will view less-developed intelligences like a useless limb, and will objectively reach the conclusion that they should be culled in order that the higher developed race can continue. We on this planet will be no different.

Our societies are becoming more and more fractured, and as a result, are crumbling and coming apart at the very points where they should be well-bonded...consensual agreement to noble principles of cooperation. Everybody sees this, and so do the authorities. They can't keep a control on 6 and a half billion people all wanting a certain quality of life and a certain quality of life style, the planet hasn't the resources (that we can reach) to afford us all that.

There won't be a switch from fossil fuels to cleaner methods of manufacturing energy until a large portion of the human race has been culled. Being wealthy won't save you either, your value will be in your practical expertise for science, engineering and farming and to promote life-sustaining ideas and methods. All civilisations on any planet will reach this point during their evolution. A cull of the human race from an intelligence point of view is both logical and necessary if the species is to survive into the future, There are minds, right now in government, in think tanks, in the military, etc, who already think and believe this.

Events like 9/11, recessions and depressions and banking collapses were not just terrorist attacks or economic disasters, they were also opportunities for the appropriation for the diversion of massive amounts of public funds into projects geared towards the survivability of a small section of our species. Obviously, from the point of the individual, all this is wrong and should be fought against. We will each believe that we each have a right to life, and not just be viewed as an impedance to our species' survival. Unfortunately, your personal thoughts and hopes won't matter.

Noble principles of equality, of freedom and liberty and personal space and privacy are fine within a small group, but once that group grows its needs will out-grow those principles and they will be tossed aside out of necessity. The human race is at that point now. An alien visitor would observe this with a passive understanding and non-intervention.
edit on 21/3/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

And thus, the truth may have spoken...

To whom shall the future belong?

The motives of those who strive to survive include the excluding of you and I...

...and so, the life of one at the expense of many.

Evolution at its least benevolent.

Self-aggrandizement with the unfortunate abandonment of altruism.

Humanity? I don't blame the observers for not interfering [intervening].

Are those of our specie presently engineering their own ascension worthy of it?

We all know the answer to that.

Denial? Sure, "hope" is a great strategy. Keep believing it...

For that, my friends, is the design inherent.

The 'plan' is doomed, however.

As the gate will be closed to them as well.

It will all be for naught.

Seek another way.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
If some or any of these crafts are made by NASA or the military, then why the secrecy for so many decades?

At what point would they say "See how fabulous we are! See these awesome triangular crafts we have engineered." And if they can go coast to coast in a blink of an eye, then why are we not traveling in them yet? They would cost an arm and a leg to use, but the 1% should be using them as taxis by now. Why so secret for so long?

One more thing, if they are military, then why have we not seen them in use? Some country somewhere in war zones would have seen them and publicized their usage.
Something to puzzle over.

Without secrecy everyone would have them. Without secrecy they couldnt have the beneficial myth.

Making people believe in aliens has a lot of positive effects. It provides cover for aircraft projects. It gives a cover for MKultra abductions and mind control experiments. It makes people fear the government, puts the fear of 'god' in them. Being confused and helpless makes the public easier to direct.

If the super rich had them they certainly wouldnt be willing to share. Besides that, you're assuming theyd be overly expensive, which is untrue. They would 'fly' via electromagnetic principles (science) rather than technology. William Lyne had a chapter called "Build your own flying saucer" in his book Aliens From The Pentagon.

As to why havent we used them in combat, Iran claimed that we did spy on them with UFOs, American aircraft.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What is this "plasma effects" Kev keeps talking about? I've waited, watched and seeked my whole 30 years on this planet for just one UFO or alien contact and have never had one. I've seen some things that could have tricked me, but I'm not fooled.

So please, Kev, will you try to tell (me) us the 'truth' which you know as to be "plasma effects." At the very least please direct me to a book or other media where I can learn. From where have you learned?
edit on 22-3-2015 by Socrato because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Socrato

Plasma effects are supposedly what caused the foo fighters of World War II, could well have been the cause of the Washington DC 1952 UFO flap, and may have been the "phenomenon" involved in the Rendlesham Forest 1980 incident. Basically they are caused (allegedly) by the combination of certain weather conditions and the by-products of high powered radar.

As for the movie Mirage Men it has been discussed in great detail on here before.

Mark Pilkington's basic premise is that the UFO phenomenon is something very real. However much of it has been obfuscated and twisted. A large chunk of UFO folklore has actually been created by the US military and it's closest of allies. The real conspiracy has been persuading us to believe in aliens and not believe in aliens at the same time. It's all about managing the public's perceptions and is highlighted in a document made public by Wikileaks..

However there are people who say that Pilkington is an agent of disinformation himself and his book and movie are designed to throw us off the scent again.

But you also need to ask yourselves if you can believe a mirageman?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I believe what I sense for myself. I am doubting that much can be explained realistically with plasma effects. It is more likely that other dimensions and time travel are responsible for all of this.

The movie taught me that no one knows. Even those that think they know, do not know. It's like if you tell a lie and the lie gains a life of its own, the lie is no longer a lie, because it has become its own reality. You can say you told this lie, but did you really?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Approaching the UFO phenomenon with human logic and thought processes is completely the wrong approach.

Even if the FACTS were laid out in front of us....our primitive senses couldn't understand the reality.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Socrato

There is circumstantial proof that plasmas could explain 'some' UFO sightings and also that some nations have studied and tried to "weaponize" this. But there are simply too many different encounters for it to be easily categorized into just being 'plasma'.

We are almost certainly dealing with a number of known (but unidentified) and unknown phenomena.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Kev

That I totally agree with. I tried to point that out in my opening post here, page 1.

ETA: after reviewing a preview of the movie… "The myth the US government created that took over the world".

See how they do that? Now every story anyone has is suspect.

Assholes.

Yes.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

'We' now do their fighting for them.

Kev

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Socrato
What is this "plasma effects" Kev keeps talking about? I've waited, watched and seeked my whole 30 years on this planet for just one UFO or alien contact and have never had one. I've seen some things that could have tricked me, but I'm not fooled.

So please, Kev, will you try to tell (me) us the 'truth' which you know as to be "plasma effects." At the very least please direct me to a book or other media where I can learn. From where have you learned?

I'd start with:

Ufos Psychic Close Encounters: The Electromagnetic Indictment
-Albert Budden

and

Project Condign

Neither of those sources are totally correct but you can get the
gist of it.

Now most people, if they press hard enough, will eventually become
convinced that there are 'entities' involved on some level, working
through all this EM / Plasma stuff .. and most people who think that
will draw incomplete conclusions based upon religion and spirituality.
But IMHO there is a deeper layer than that, which is rather hard to
articulate, for anyone poking around this part of the rabbit hole.

Kev

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I myself say that there is a layer of deception beneath
the 'natural plasmas' and those created by high powered
radars, microwaves and plasma envelopes around black
project aircraft;

that the 'deceivers' are being deceived by something
that quite possibly wishes to plasma-form our planet.

But then i have to stop there.

Kev

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join