It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolivia Ready For War With U.S

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I hear you buddy, but they would just be cannon fodder to our fighter Jets, it would not even be a threat whatsoever. They would never even make it near the Panama Canal, let alone cross it. And don't assume Mexico would just lay down and allow Bolivia to march on through their Country if they did. At the end of the day, Mexico is our ally if and when the crap hits the fan. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: daaskapital

The North Vietnamese defeated the USA. The Taliban hasn't been defeated and still has influence in some areas of Afghanistan.

No, they did not defeat us. The devastation required to neutralize them ,certainly doable, would not be sustainable by the innocent NVC civilian population as well as the pressure at home from the American public, mostly the American youth.

There is a difference between being defeated, and walking away.

I'm sorry, but last i checked, Saigon fell and the USA turned tail and ran. The North Vietnamese forces annexed South Vietnam and reunified it under Communist rule. That is a defeat for the USA, especially considering it was so heavily involved there against the Communist forces.

The USA doesn't have a very good track record at winning small wars against unconventional forces, and that is why i would expect them to have a tough time if they were to ever have a conflict with South America.

You had better review your history. Combat operation ended on January 21, 1973 at the Paris Peace Accords. All US combat forces were gone by the middle of 1973 with only Embassy personnel remaining. Please, explain how we "cut tail and ran" if we had been gone for nearly two years when RVN fell to the North.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Well, for a country that has ZERO fighter jets, I wish them luck in their future endeavors. They are not a threat to the US in any form or fashion. That's cute though...www.globalfirepower.com...
Now go ahead and compare that to the US...www.globalfirepower.com...

Heavy firepower isn't everything though...

It isn't good to have a short memory.

Does Vietnam ring a bell? How about Afghanistan?

The North Vietnamese defeated the USA. The Taliban hasn't been defeated and still has influence in some areas of Afghanistan.

If the USA were to show overt aggression in, and towards, South America, i would predict they would have a very tough time.

You're assuming that an all out military victory over either country was the true end goal of those conflicts. If you look at who actually benefited from those conflicts, financially speaking, there were several large corporations in the Oil and Arms industries that came out quite well.

The US has, and had, the ability to wipe both of those countries off of the map in a few moments from a thousand miles away. A protracted ground war has a significant benefit, if you consider their purpose on the ground to be securing large veins of rare-earth minerals, large oil pipelines, as well as billions in arms sales. The troops, and this saddens me, are basically armed security used to protect opium trade routes for black ops / CIA project funding.

In conclusion, addressing it pragmatically; it isn't the War in Afghanistan, it's the War in Afghanistan sponsored by Halliburton. War, strictly for the purpose of profit, isn't some new concept. The US has just perfected the art of mob mentality manipulation, and we aren't the only ones.

It's better than what caused WW1, which was basically a d*** whipping contest that got so out of control, eventually someone was going to shoot at someone.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Well, for a country that has ZERO fighter jets, I wish them luck in their future endeavors. They are not a threat to the US in any form or fashion. That's cute though...www.globalfirepower.com...

Of course fighting face to face in the bush wouldn't be a fair fight for the cowards who bomb from the air ..lol
Lets not forget Vietnam ..

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: junglimogli

Of course fighting face to face in the bush wouldn't be a fair fight for the cowards who bomb from the air ..lol
Lets not forget Vietnam ..

Where in your deluded mind have you concluded that war is to be fought fairly? There is nothing about war that is honorable or fair. War is ugly and dirty no matter who is fighting it. Rule number one in warfare is to dispatch the enemy! Rule number two is to dispatch the enemy quickly. Rule number three is to dispatch the enemy with as few friendly causalities as possible.

You can talk of fairness, nobility or honor in war...there's no such thing! The first rule of a non soldier is not to speak of war in which you know nothing. Rule number two is do not speak in a condescending manner of soldiers who fought the war in which you know nothing. Rule number three is never assume you have a superior moral position to the soldier who has fought the war that you know nothing.

If war was to be fair, the politicians would be the first to fight followed by their children. They would pay for war from their own pockets. If war was fair, YOU would have served right along with those who have.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join