It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another low America, let your babies cry, this makes me cry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Honkwoo1486
Ok first of people raise there kids how they want I was left to cry as a baby if I didn't settle down after a while my parents would leave me to cry they said that 9/10 times I would settle.. Being raised I always worked for treats if I wanted a chocolate bar I would have to wash the pots or sweep the garden or take dog for a walk ect when I was in school all of my friends used to make fun at me all time for how strict my parents where but. I loved my child hood I could go play in the backs with other kids go playing in the woods near where we live in could do whatever I wanted as long as it wasn't bad behavior once I crossed the line I knew about ( I only ever got hit once by my parents and that's when I run in front of a car and my dad smacked my arse out of reaction) letting a baby cry for a bit ain't gonna hurt them can anyone here remember anything from before they was 1?.. I bring my own disabled daughter up now and for the first 18 mmonth of her life she screamed for 16+ hours a day she was given her private room in hospital because the nurses was sick of listeneneig to her.

Now don't get me wrong I couldn't leave a child screaming for hours I have 2 children my son who's is 5 month old cries everytime I put him to bed if I can't settle him after 30 mins I just leave him to cry 10 mins later he's asleep

Don't get us wrong, we're not saying let a child scream and scream for hours on end. We're talking about if a child is crying, go and check, make sure the child is dry, fed, give a bottle of water, (Not sugary stuff that can stick to their teeth all night). If my daughter seemed hungry, I would breast feed her, if she turned away, I knew that wasn't her problem. Is she crying because she's tired and doesn't want to sleep? Lie her down again, and very quietly walk out. Calmly, but firmly. This time, let her cry for a few more minutes. Then repeat the process, until she eventually falls asleep on her own. My daughter is now 19, a VERY mommy attached child. I joke the umbilical cord never detached properly. At 16 she would still try to sit in my lap, at 15 would climb into the Walmart cart and have me push her around the store. She was 158 pounds and I would tease her that I didn't need to join a gym, I had a Bally's Total Fitness Work-Out every time I went shopping. LOL

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join