It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Dark Web be explored

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hi, having been a searcher of truth for around only 5 years the information which is eye opening is coming thick and fast. However like all good researchers I feel we all should be exhausting every possible source and lead. This brings me to the Dark Web.
I understand the idea of the Dark Web sounds exciting and dangerous etc, when in reality it's just a mess of unorganized information. I have seen a reoccurring theme of claiming it is mostly used for perverts and criminals which is ridiculous.
In the field of truth finding I feel that a good deal of effort should be made to search the unindexed internet for any morsal of information that may have leaked down through the cracks. It may be a needle in a haystack situation, but the possibility of that needle being the smoking gun for alien truth, or identities of elite etc it must be worth some kind of concerted effort.

So I don't want the usual darkweb bashing etc. I want positive ideas of creating a forum or group to bring together links and libraries in order to further our knowledge.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

In a grand display of ignorance, I must ask you for more details about what this "Dark Web" actually represents.
I'm sure I'm not alone in this request.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
Hi, having been a searcher of truth for around only 5 years the information which is eye opening is coming thick and fast. However like all good researchers I feel we all should be exhausting every possible source and lead. This brings me to the Dark Web.
I understand the idea of the Dark Web sounds exciting and dangerous etc, when in reality it's just a mess of unorganized information. I have seen a reoccurring theme of claiming it is mostly used for perverts and criminals which is ridiculous.
In the field of truth finding I feel that a good deal of effort should be made to search the unindexed internet for any morsal of information that may have leaked down through the cracks. It may be a needle in a haystack situation, but the possibility of that needle being the smoking gun for alien truth, or identities of elite etc it must be worth some kind of concerted effort.

So I don't want the usual darkweb bashing etc. I want positive ideas of creating a forum or group to bring together links and libraries in order to further our knowledge.
iv
never explored it properly but just be very careful of what u click on wen there!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I was thinking that maybe liteonit6969 is referring to The Onion Router - TOR.

abovetopsecret

TOR

I have actually never been there, but one day I may get curious and take a peek at it.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969

Kinda like the forum you're posting on?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If you are looking to buy guns, drugs, or people, the darknet is the place to be.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Shakawkaw

Ask yourself what kind of person would want to really hide their identity when on the web. People who don't want to be found while sitting in their living room on their computer. This is what you will find. Just imagine the darkest part of a seedy city, what would you find there?

V

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I think if any part of it is illegal topics and subjects...it cannot be posted or linked here. At all. Not. Never. No way.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: Shakawkaw

Ask yourself what kind of person would want to really hide their identity when on the web.

You mean most people who don't want every piece of their personal information permanently recorded and tracked?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Tor has many uses, i sometimes use it just to get to torrent sites that are blocked due to court orders here in the UK, also if theres a routing problem with the normal internet and perhaps a large slab of the normal internet is not available i'll be able to route my traffic via somewhere else in the world and still get access.

Yes theres nonces etc on there so be wary of any forms of 'candy' being offered but with the take down of the irish isp hosting loads of stuff there does seem to be a large reduction of that sort of thing which is a good thing (noticed the hidden wiki part on that shrank a lot when flicking through)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I genuinely feel people have believed the hype around the darkweb as being only for criminals and perverts. How can you actually believe that without looking for yourself. It seems people haven't learnt from the mistakes of listening to the mainstream.
I accept that a lot of criminal activity would naturally go on there, of course as it is harder to police etc. But also this can be a place of information that has fallen through the cracks and not to be indexed on Google. We fight against internet censorship but openly support it by using Google for almost all our searching.
Of all the best information unindexed I can't believe people are quick to render it pervert material or other criminal activity.

I think if a group from ATS make a team effort to search and document any important unseen info, it can be beneficial. It will most likely be tedious and almost wandering in the Dark, but in the end it can be worth it.

Is it true that if Google hasn't got it then it's not worth viewing? Pfft

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Isn't it interesting how they use the word "Dark"
Its like when the independant radio stations started broadcasting to the uk and they called them "Pirate" stations.

People are so easily manipulated, just simple words can do it!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Tor is a tool use it if you need to..

purp..

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Been there done that.

As others have already suggested, it's not the place to look for secret information. The only reason to use such a network is anonymity for pirating means or less savory endeavors. It's not a place where you're going to find secret documents or forums like this. You're going to find people colluding for deceptive means and illegal content distribution. By illegal I mean immoral.

Those who say they just don't want to be tracked, are lying, because what are they afraid of? What are they doing that they're so afraid of being monitored? Unless you're a paranoid schizophrenic, being tracked is the least of anyone's worries on the WWW.

Now of course it's not called "Dark" because it's evil, it's dark because it's "off the beaten path" so-to-speak. It's hidden, it's not illuminated. If you're looking for Truth (Capital T), then don't bother with the Tor network. If you're looking for truth (little t), go for it. You'll discover the bane of our existence quickly.

It's most definitely not for the faint of heart. Those that have linked to it, I wish they had not. It's better for those who don't know, to stay ignorant. I've seen things on there that even to this day, I wish I had not seen. That's my disclaimer.
edit on 21-3-2015 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Never gone "dark" surfing and won't because I am a panty-waist!

Your avatar is awesome...looks like my cat.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
now I have to click on it

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Thanks

If your cat looks like that, you have a one of a kind, unless you own a lion and then i'd be jealous haha.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

He really, really does look like a mini lion. People often comment on it. Same color, mane, long hair though.

I always wanted a lion when I was a child, and when I got my Rufus, I had no idea he would grow into the mini lion that he is!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Isn't that place full with illegal sites?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join