It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatens nuclear war with Denmark

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Poor attempts by some posters see to yet again twist things around and present Russia as a threat.

Did you read what the Russian Ambassador said? It isn't ATS posters twisting anything, it is the Russian Ambassador saying it.

Sometimes reading the OP before commenting helps.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

What's the problem with that?

If Denmark for some unknown reason joins this anti-rocket system, they are agreeing to be targeted in the case of potential war.

I think that the Russian ambassador gave very clear statements. I don't know why are people here trying to twist his words. He didn't say Russia will nuke Danish ships. He only gave a warning of what could happen if Denmark joins this system that will be pointed against Russia.
edit on 21-3-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The Anti-Missile System will be mounted on one Danish frigate, which makes all Danish ships an automated target for Russian nuclear missiles to take that system out...that`s what has been said and nothing more !

What are we talking about here, it`s just pure military logic doctrine.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Exactly, but some people here are trying to present as if Russia out of nowhere just threatened Denmark they will nuke them for no reason ! I have a feeling they are trying to paint Russia and Putin just like North Korea and Kim. Like lunatics that are a threat to whole world. Not realizing that Russia is just reacting to what's the west doing, especially the US!

Damn, cold war propaganda at it's highest. At least here on ATS.
edit on 21-3-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Or MAYBE, they sound like the USA, not Korea, and those nations are running from AMERICAN threats, they join NATO so they can be protected from MORE USA INTERFERENCE and involvement.

These nations cannot win joining NATO, just look at the foolish people in POLAND who thought things were going to get better.

They are BESIEGED by western propaganda but even they are now questioning the validity of anything USA.

You have your head in the sand, the west is the bigger threat.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Got it threatening nuclear attack is logical in a public diplomatic situation.

Good lord what happened to Russia, to much vodka?

What happened to the chess approach in diplomacy, seems like Russians default setting now a days is "I will nuke you".
Khrushchev must be rolling over in his grave.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Installing missiles pointed towards another nation is a "diplomatic" situation ??

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
I don't think this is Russia escalating tensions with Denmark. It is more of stating the obvious. I'm from Ireland and try to maintain an unbiased view of the situation between the US and Russia. The media for a long time have been illustrating Putin as a demon with the passanget flight crash jumping to mind where within a few hours without any evidence stated as fact Putin shot it down.
The US and NATO have been on the aggression for a long time and I feel that Russia are doing what any other country would do in this situation. Put the US in Russia's position and bombs would have fallen a long time ago.
In this situation it is obvious that by alligning with NATO and the US missile system you are positioning yourself against Russia. The US have indeed stated that this missile threat comes from Russia, so Russia are merely stating what they have been accussed of. By joining this missile defence system Denmark are agreeing to becoming a target of Russian missiles as this I'd what the system has been designed for.
yes. the problem is just between russia and the US not Russia and europe and the UK and ireland. nope. Russia would never invade europe the UK and ireland. nope. nope. nope. it's not like NATO is supposed to defend europe and the UK and ireland. nope. Europe isn't on land contigous to Russia and the uk and ireland aren't just a few miles off shore. surely the threat only exists because of america. you know the country that has spent 100s of times what the rest of you put together do on defending europe, the UK and ireland so you people can have your social welfare system, entitlements and so on without the burden of spending what it took to protect you from WW2 on to present times.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

This is exactly the same as when Putin made similar remarks about the Ukraine becoming an automated target when they would join NATO, which was followed by Putin saying he didn`t wanted that to happen to what he calls his brothers.

But leave it to the Western media to spin that into, "Putin is threatening to nuke the Ukraine."

The remarks are aimed at the population of Denmark becoming anti the Danish politics towards Russia, but we can`t have Western populations becoming anti-War, now can we ?...so we just spin it into, "Russia is threatening to nuke Denmark."
edit on 21 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Considering they are not offensive missiles.. They are a diplomatic deterrent.

Saying you do x you become a target for nukes is as tactful as a 2x4 to the face.

What happened to the Russian ability to get a point across without waving their Wang around for all the world to see.

It's like all the people actually able to play chess can't get a seat at the power table so we get chest bumping diplomacy instead.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

SnF because you can take a joke. But it wasn't only a joke as
I was trying to demonstrate how," over the top" the russian threat
is to nuke danish WARSHIPS. Really sounds to ignorant to take
seriously and the ambassador may end up retiring soon.
Seems to renegade to me.
edit on Rpm32115v462015u40 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
hope you guys are ready for a nuclear winter. russia is a crazy train with no breaks.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

If you remember almost every newspaper the day after the event had a FrontPage of Putins face with murdered kids and women. This was before anyone had any idea who did this. They were still trying to get an idea of what had happened and the msm were printing the papers. This without doubt, based on guesswork created an acceptance from many in the UK that Russia shot down that plane.

I'm not going into the frauds of reports and investigations since, I am pointing to the stance of the west msm to blame the Russians without a shred of proof.

Look at my posts and threads, one thing I am not it
Is part of a defence squad. I'm living among a lie of a society who claim the moral high ground and push democracy. Yet we have underhandedly destroyed millions of innocents people's lives.

Open your eyes you clown.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

No the problem isn't between Russia and US. Its a problem between a small number of rich scum who don't care using us, the normal working people, as cannon fodder. Creating a false image that we hate each other and want to take over the world. Creating a sense of fear and powerless so we trust those who know best to make the right decisions for us.

I can tell who makes your decisions anyway.

That's why I see no change to the future my kids are destined for.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
For anyone still in the dark, I`ll try and be as clear as I can...

A lot of people in the West shrug their shoulders, listen to their main news channels and take the information which is given to them without a lot of thought.

Western media propaganda being as predicable as they can be, will do exactly what they have always done...take something which was meant a certain way and make it much worse...namely, to paint Russia (Putin) being dangerous...Russians knows this and they will use this to their advantage...

...once a threat like this is being made, the population of a given country wakes up ("holy crap, we could get nuked"), resulting in them going to be more aware and starting to look for additional information...and in the day of internet, they will come across information that proves things aren`t the way they are presented to be in their main news on TV...

...so this is nothing more as a propaganda move by the Russians to make people in the West wake up about what is going on, to try and get the populations to start opposing their own governments policies against Russia.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
And as being pointed out in the links I gave out in my first post in this thread...

Russia is going to face more Ukraine like turmoil at its border brought to you by US...

Anti-government activists protest in Georgian capital, demand regime change

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Echtelion
Overly misleading title. Russia did NOT threaten nuclear war with Denmark.

It's just the Russian ambassador who said that IF Denmark opens a base for NATO anti-missile defense systems, the Dane Navy ships would be in the crosshairs of Russia for nuclear bombings. This doesn't even mean a direct retaliation, only that if they'd use those missiles against Russian ships in the Baltic sea, then the Dane ships would be nuked. That's all he said.

Defensive missiles are not able to be used OFFENSIVELY against Russian ships.

PROVE IT.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Poor attempts by some posters see to yet again twist things around and present Russia as a threat.

Did you read what the Russian Ambassador said? It isn't ATS posters twisting anything, it is the Russian Ambassador saying it.

And what the Russian ambassador said was that those NAVY SHIPS would be targeted for strikes if they become armed with those "anti-ballistic missiles". Nowhere did the ambassador say that Russia threatened Denmark with nuclear war!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
a reply to: Granite

If you remember almost every newspaper the day after the event had a FrontPage of Putins face with murdered kids and women. This was before anyone had any idea who did this. They were still trying to get an idea of what had happened and the msm were printing the papers. This without doubt, based on guesswork created an acceptance from many in the UK that Russia shot down that plane.

I'm not going into the frauds of reports and investigations since, I am pointing to the stance of the west msm to blame the Russians without a shred of proof.

Look at my posts and threads, one thing I am not it
Is part of a defence squad. I'm living among a lie of a society who claim the moral high ground and push democracy. Yet we have underhandedly destroyed millions of innocents people's lives.

Open your eyes you clown.

You mean besides the audio of them talking about shooting down the plane. Oh and the posts on social media bragging about it until they figured out that shot down a plane load of tourists. Don't know how western media could have possibly known. Funny how people try to alter events later thinking people forget.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echtelion

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

And what the Russian ambassador said was that those NAVY SHIPS would be targeted for strikes if they become armed with those "anti-ballistic missiles". Nowhere did the ambassador say that Russia threatened Denmark with nuclear war!

Ahmm.. he said ""I do not think that the Danes fully understand the consequences of what happens if Denmark joins the US-led missile defense. If this happens, the Danish warships targets for Russian nuclear missiles, "said Mikhail Vanin and continues: "

I would consider that a direct threat, and so does the danish government, I would think that shooting nukes at our ships is a war act and therefore nuclear war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join