It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arthritis breathrough as new test diagnoses condition up to decade earlier

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It is hoped to diagnose osteoarthritis a decade earlier with a drop of blood

A simple an inexpensive blood test for the most common form of arthritis has been developed by British scientists.

It is hoped it will be possible diagnose osteoarthritis up to a decade earlier than current techniques, just by analysing a single drop of blood.

Caught early, even something as simple as losing weight could slow progression of the painful and debilitating condition.

The most common form of arthritis, osteoarthritis, is caused by wear and tear of cartilage that helps our joints take the strain of bending, lifting, gripping and kneeling.

I have osteoarthritis and I wasn't diagnosed until about 10 years ago, by then, it was pretty advanced and yes I was in severe pain. I have it mostly in the knees, but now it's in other joints as well. Obviously nothing can be done with a blood test and a diagnosis. It's not as if you could prevent it. Although I wonder if they think they could "prevent" it, "treat" it earlier?

I'm going to be honest with you. The article talks about early stage "treatment", but I have been on almost every dang pill, pain patch, etc... on the market and not a one helps. Flector, Lidoderm, Lyrica, Tramdol, Vicodin, Flexoril, Robaxin, Zanaflex, even shots in the knee called Synvisc, (which is chicken cartilage injected into your kneecap to imitate the cartilage your missing), you name it, I've been on it, and I am still in pain. What great "all mighty" pharma pill are they going to create that they think will be the next great cure-all for me to be put on next, or patients that are diagnosed ten years BEFORE they get this.

edit on Sat Mar 21 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It's cazy you brought this up my In laws visiting from Miami and she has it so bad her doc states if she were to fall hard enough she would shatter bones...I'm sorry that your going through this there has to be a trigger for this sickness do you have any ideas??a reply to: Anyafaj

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

It's not as if you could prevent it. Although I wonder if they think they could "prevent" it, "treat" it earlier?

Maybe I'm missing something but I thought arthritis (Inflammation) is able to be treated and prevented.

Eliminate chronic pain in 2015

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
It's cazy you brought this up my In laws visiting from Miami and she has it so bad her doc states if she were to fall hard enough she would shatter bones...I'm sorry that your going through this there has to be a trigger for this sickness do you have any ideas??a reply to: Anyafaj

Dietary magnesium supplementation affects bone metabolism and dynamic strength of bone in ovariectomized rats.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The best and worst forms of magnesium to take as a supplement

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
She also has hep c from a transfusion? Does any of this affect her? a reply to: gmoneystunt

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Sorry to hear that. Hep C is toxic to the liver. It also can cause depression. Getting someone to change their diet is extremely tough. If you would like more information, let me know

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yea pm me I think she would I think her hep c is in remission she wants to feel better she is in so much pain it hurts me...a reply to: gmoneystunt

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I found out the hard way I had fibromyalgia, as well as osteoarthritis. I went to my doctor with sleep difficulties. I was only getting an hour a night. My doctor's response was, "I don't prescribe narcotics for arthritis."

I don't WANT narcotics! I want you to find out what is wrong with me. I left his practice and me a new doctor. She ran a massive battery of tests, sent me to a rheumatologists and a orthopedist. They both independently diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. Thanks to her battery of tests, an MRI showed I had a pineal cyst. A bone scan revealed my bones are older than my body. So I'm in my 40's, but my bones are in their 90's. The bone scan also revealed I have a bone spur on my right hip, so I have to be especially careful if I fall to avoid my right side, because you normally don't find bone spurs until you're elderly, and they tend to weaken the bone, so my hip bone can break if I fall on that side. Sadly that is not my only medical issue. I don't know my birth mother medical history, so a lot of it could be genetic. I believe in living life to the fullest though.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

It's not as if you could prevent it. Although I wonder if they think they could "prevent" it, "treat" it earlier?

Maybe I'm missing something but I thought arthritis (Inflammation) is able to be treated and prevented.

Eliminate chronic pain in 2015

Treated, but I've NEVER heard of prevented. Maybe it's a new thing, being preventable?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

She also has hep c from a transfusion? Does any of this affect her? a reply to: gmoneystunt

I got 5 bags of blood from a 9 hour surgery that was supposed to be 4 hours. They only gave me 3 bags because that's how much blood they thought I lost. I went into a two week coma afterward until they gave m 2 more bags of blood to bring me out of the coma. Because I got so much blood back in '85, 2 months before they tested the nations supply, I had to get tested for Hep C, HIV, all of it! Fun times! Most doctors would tell you, if we don't call, that means your test was clear. Well one doctor was more like a family friend. He called to personally tell me everything was clear, only when my stepmother told me he was on the phone, I about passed out thinking, "HOLY CRAP, I'M HIV POSITIVE!!!" This was back in '89. Scared the living crap out of me. I mean now, it's not the death sentence it was made out to be back then.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Treated, but I've NEVER heard of prevented. Maybe it's a new thing, being preventable?

Preventable because gluten, refined sugar (artificial sweeteners) and toxins cause inflammation

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Yea pm me I think she would I think her hep c is in remission she wants to feel better she is in so much pain it hurts me...a reply to: gmoneystunt

Let me know if you didn't receive my pm. I am kinda new at that

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Preventable because gluten, refined sugar (artificial sweeteners) and toxins cause inflammation

I can't take artificial sugars because of migraines due to a pineal cyst. I've been banned from them from my neurologist, but I can't stand the taste anyway. I'm not allergic to gluten, but I do try to avoid it, if I can. I try to eat as healthy as possible as much as possible, once in a while though, I do enjoy a treat.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Of course, this article gives us nothing to hack. If I knew what they were testing for, I could research what it means and use that information to find possible deficiencies that are causing the bone loss. I could also look for possible lowered levels of enzymes involved with what they are looking at which could also give some possible preventive measures.

Like someone stated earlier, low magnesium levels can be a problem. Now, we get plenty of calcium in our diet and that is not a problem for most people, but some people need supplements. Only five percent of people who are taking supplements of calcium actually need it though.

Our diet here in America is usually low in magnesium and high in food chemistry where magnesium is needed in the diet. Also, we need vitamin D and the sun or foods that contain it's hormone metabolite to help with utilizing the calcium. Too many potatoes though and it can calcify soft tissue.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Wow. I just looked into pineal cysts a week ago. Things to consider Pine Bark Extract (pycnogenol)

organic kale, grapefruit, coconut oil, broccoli, cauliflower and bell peppers. Juicing or smoothies. Lots of natural vitamin C. Detoxing. Aloe vera and food grade charcoal pills. Alfalfa. Lemons, moringa

Natural Cyst Treatments

Most cysts go away naturally and require little treatment. Some cysts, however, may require treatment to decrease in size and prevent infection. Most cysts respond well to natural treatments including apple cider vinegar, iodine, magnesium oil, turmeric. Vitamin D3 and colloidal silver taken together daily also diminish the size of common cysts and offer relief to most types of cysts. Fenugreek, bayberry, and bee pollen are also known for their anti-inflammatory properties and ability to treat and heal cysts. Cleansing the body using clay tablets also helps remove any infection causing toxins.

www.earthclinic.com...

Avoid sugar, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, smoking, alcohol. Avoid toxins in general, peanuts

What pine bark extract appears to do is reduce the oxidative stress that lead to the formation of circulatory and blood disorders in the first place. You can think of it kind of like the drains and piping in your house -- when gunk builds up over time causing blockages, it is necessary to dissolve these blockages with a drain rooter or dissolving agent. In this case, pine bark extract is the dissolving agent.

Horse Chestnut,Butcher's Broom,Bilberry,Red Root and Bael.

While detoxing the stuff that I would definatly try first is Beet Root and Pine Bark Extract.

edit on 20-3-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Wow. I just looked into pineal cysts a week ago. Things to consider Pine Bark Extract (pycnogenol)

organic kale, grapefruit, coconut oil, broccoli, cauliflower and bell peppers. Juicing or smoothies. Lots of natural vitamin C. Detoxing. Aloe vera and food grade charcoal pills. Alfalfa. Lemons, moringa

Natural Cyst Treatments

Most cysts go away naturally and require little treatment. Some cysts, however, may require treatment to decrease in size and prevent infection. Most cysts respond well to natural treatments including apple cider vinegar, iodine, magnesium oil, turmeric. Vitamin D3 and colloidal silver taken together daily also diminish the size of common cysts and offer relief to most types of cysts. Fenugreek, bayberry, and bee pollen are also known for their anti-inflammatory properties and ability to treat and heal cysts. Cleansing the body using clay tablets also helps remove any infection causing toxins.

www.earthclinic.com...

Avoid sugar, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, smoking, alcohol. Avoid toxins in general, peanuts

What pine bark extract appears to do is reduce the oxidative stress that lead to the formation of circulatory and blood disorders in the first place. You can think of it kind of like the drains and piping in your house -- when gunk builds up over time causing blockages, it is necessary to dissolve these blockages with a drain rooter or dissolving agent. In this case, pine bark extract is the dissolving agent.

Horse Chestnut,Butcher's Broom,Bilberry,Red Root and Bael.

While detoxing the stuff that I would definatly try first is Beet Root and Pine Bark Extract.

I'll have to look into all that, thanks! I found out supposedly my cyst has been there since birth, (though how a neurologist would know how long it's been there without a biopsy, I don't, but whatever. I've had two different neurologists. One told me it's causing migraines and narcolepsy, the other telling me, they don't do anything to you and they just sit in the body doing nothing.)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Well I personally wouldn't go to the neurologist that said it wont do anything. I know It can cause seizures and migraines

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Fibromyalgia is a chronic disease--a painful debilitating disease. Though there are many dietary and lifestyle changes that may be incorporated into your arsenal to regain your health, first make sure your diagnosis is accurate. Regardless of which "disease" you are dealing with, be sure you are not deficient in vitamin D. Eat a healthy diet without additives, flavoring, preservatives or artificial colors. Never ingest GMOs. Make sure 80% of your diet consists of fresh, raw, organic fruits and vegetables. Drink lots of pure water (preferably spring water). Get your lymph moving. Lower your stress, and get good rest. There are many paths you can take to heal the body. All of them start with excellent nutrition.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Well I personally wouldn't go to the neurologist that said it wont do anything. I know It can cause seizures and migraines

Unfortunately I can't switch. Though I am trying, my insurance is being a massive pain! I trust my past neurologist, he was the best in the state.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Fibromyalgia is a chronic disease--a painful debilitating disease. Though there are many dietary and lifestyle changes that may be incorporated into your arsenal to regain your health, first make sure your diagnosis is accurate. Regardless of which "disease" you are dealing with, be sure you are not deficient in vitamin D. Eat a healthy diet without additives, flavoring, preservatives or artificial colors. Never ingest GMOs. Make sure 80% of your diet consists of fresh, raw, organic fruits and vegetables. Drink lots of pure water (preferably spring water). Get your lymph moving. Lower your stress, and get good rest. There are many paths you can take to heal the body. All of them start with excellent nutrition.

Actually I was severely low in Vitamin D, so much so, when my blood was checked, the doctor had to put me on 50,000mg once a day, once a week, for 12 weeks. After that regimen, the D levels were fine. But I also have neuropathy, Primary Raynauds, Severe PTSD, with anxiety, OCD, and depression, recurring Ovarian Cysts (no treatment). Now mind you, this is just a small amount of the medical issues I have. But as I said, I don't lie in bed and dwell, dwell, dwell. I get up, no matter how much pain I'm in, and find something to smile about every single day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join