It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immortal Cabal Ruling Our Planet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: xuenchen

The Department of Justice Antitrust Division and the Federal Trade Commission are supposed to regulate competition and monopolies.

One problem is they are up against international influences.

How can international influences decide what we do in our own country?

I imagine it's complicated legal issues and naturally, payoffs.

But they do file cases from time to time.

Antitrust Case Filings

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamsession
before ranting about the big corps, one oughtta drop dat smartphone first.

Ya talkin' ta me?

I don't have a smartphone and while I often do rant, this isn't a rant. Next.

not specifically you but anyone complainin about the big corps, tptb, whatever you call them. sheer complaint won't get us nowhere that is. drop em tablets, smartphones, plug off the internet (yeah google is the godfather of the guys subject to this thread) and move your precious four letters out to the streets. now that'd make the change.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Department of Justice Antitrust Division and the Federal Trade Commission are supposed to regulate competition and monopolies.

One problem is they are up against international influences.

How can international influences decide what we do in our own country?

I imagine it's complicated legal issues and naturally, payoffs.

But they do file cases from time to time.

Antitrust Case Filings

Sorry xuenchen. It was a kind of a socratic trick question. Not meant to be disrespectful - I really thought you knew the answer. ...Fact is, international "influences" aka mega-corporations decide what we do because we signed away our powers of sovereignty -and gave them the power- in our trade agreements, starting with NAFTA.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Orwell and Huxley understood you well. LoL!
I think they understood Humanity well, actually. I consider myself a pretty average gal by most measures, and in that regard I think my buying habits and reliance on mega-corps is part of the average lifestyle. I am only brave enough to admit I am part of this system. Do I like the system? Nope. But I know it's become a necessary evil to be able live comfortably. I have made peace with that fact.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Great thread! I've never looked at these mega-corps that way before but to me, it makes perfect sense.

I'll point out that no-one controls my families food. We're pretty much totally self sufficient. I'm even more satisfied with our efforts now knowing I'm not bound to these corporations in any way.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TRiPWiRE

Thanks. Glad you get it.

a reply to: Daedal
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Again, corporations are designed to be immortal - to survive political and economic upheaval, and other cataclysms, in a way that nations cannot.

Over the past few decades we, as nations, have handed over our sovereign powers to corporate rule. The three key conditions in play here are corporations’: 1) personhood, 2) having the right to define “commodity,” specifically to define information as a commodity, and 3) having equal powers to nations (sovereignty) in negotiating terms of trade and economic activity (and incidentally, defining virtually every activity as economic and thus, under corporate purview).

In short, corporations have the rights and powers of nations, the freedoms of individuals - but the responsibilities and obligations of neither.

Whatever cataclysm might come, be it pandemic or revolution, geophysical or extra-terrestrial, corporations will remain standing while nations fall.

…Do I like the system? Nope. But I know it's become a necessary evil to be able live comfortably.

You and others here seem convinced we would not have technological advance aka progress aka comfort without corporate “competition.” …We have only to look to Nicola Tesla to see that’s just not true.

edit on 20/3/15 by soficrow because: tnkr

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Thanks. Glad you get it.

Again, corporations are designed to be immortal - to survive political and economic upheaval, and other cataclysms, in a way that nations cannot.

Over the past few decades we, as nations, have handed over our sovereign powers to corporate rule. The three key conditions in play here are corporations’: 1) personhood, 2) having the right to define “commodity,” specifically to define information as a commodity, and 3) having equal powers to nations (sovereignty) in negotiating terms of trade and economic activity (and incidentally, defining virtually every activity as economic and thus, under corporate purview).

In short, corporations have the rights and powers of nations, the freedoms of individuals - but the responsibilities and obligations of neither.

Whatever cataclysm might come, be it pandemic or revolution, geophysical or extra-terrestrial, corporations will remain standing while nations fall.

…Do I like the system? Nope. But I know it's become a necessary evil to be able live comfortably.

You and others here seem convinced we would not have technological advance aka progress aka comfort without corporate “competition.” …We have only to look to Nicola Tesla to see that’s just not true.

Corporations are nothing without the dollar. Take the word corporation and replace with the word dollar In your post above and a clearer view comes into perspective.

The system changes and evolves, it may crash and wane, but the mechanisms remain to build the empire even more divisive and controlling.

ETA : However, I do agree with your post.

edit on 20-3-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

Thanks. Glad you get it.

Corporations are nothing without the dollar. Take the word corporation and replace with the word dollar In your post above and a clearer view comes into perspective.

ETA : However, I do agree with your post.

Let me rephrase. Corporations are designed to be immortal - to survive political and economic upheaval, and other cataclysms, in a way that nations and monetary systems cannot.

Corporations trade in dollars, euros, yen, yuan, whatever and probably even bitcoins. They will survive.

like your posts too.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Great op

Thoughts:

This is that wonderful thing people here all defend while decrying the primitiveness of other such entities…

Why ladies and gentlemen this is none other than the apex of that thing you all usually praise so much, that thing you use to bash others of such a type, that thing you’re usually so proud of… and that THING IS?

WESTERN CIVILIZATION

Have we reached a point of no return?

Is the only thing left is that this power structure will just get more condensed?

You wonder whether this is organized and if so organized for what purpose.

Is there some guiding sinister reality behind this?

Or is it just blind force of power asserting itself?

The thing is folks if we condemn this at all then what is the alternative?

What can be better than this?

Or is this it?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Railgun, you say you have bought into the system "in order to live comfortably". Perhaps there are some things that are more important that one's personal comfort? Just some food for thought.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I for one welcome our new Corporate Overlords. Now excuse me while I sip this Mountain Dew, eat part of my Kit Kat Bar, and continue to post on this website using my Sony Monitor, Type on my Dell Keyboard, and sit in my Hon office chair.

I would hope that you are being facetious with this comment!

Otherwise the conditioning has worked perfectly! Give it up for Bernays!!

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmFriday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Willtell, excellent post. I would like to hazard a few answers to some of your questions, along with a few comments of my own.

originally posted by: Willtell
Great op

Thoughts:

This is that wonderful thing people here all defend while decrying the primitiveness of other such entities…

Why ladies and gentlemen this is none other than the apex of that thing you all usually praise so much, that thing you use to bash others of such a type, that thing you’re usually so proud of… and that THING IS?

WESTERN CIVILIZATION

Have we reached a point of no return?

Is the only thing left is that this power structure will just get more condensed?

Or is this it?

Regarding WESTERN CIVILIZATION:

I would argue that we are now living in a post "Western" civilization. The West as we once knew it was significantly influenced by Christianity---like it or not, atheists reading this thread, that is a fact of history. ("The Western achievement is incomprehensible apart from Christianity" - Mortimer Adler, editor of Encyclopedia Britannica.) With Christianity now fading from view---something that has been coming on, really, since the so-called "enlightenment" and the rise of Rousseau-ian humanism---there really is very little other than principled secular individualism standing between the individual and the State, and between the individual and International Mega-Corporations. And individualism, while laudable in some ways and to my mind definitely preferable to lazy groupthink-conformity of whatever stripe, is nevertheless not sufficiently powerful to stem the tide. There must be some overarching, unifying principle that binds people together in a common cause and, at least to some degree, a common ideology that is capable of resisting the State and the Corporations.

But anyway, yes, what we see all around us is the logical end result of, and product of, certain mega-civilizational trends.

Regarding these statements:

The Bible teaches that there is, indeed, a "guiding sinister reality behind this". It calls that sinister reality, satan, (I won't give him a capital "s") and the system produced by his followers, "Babylon" or "the world system". Babylon is both the name of an actual ancient city, and also apocalyptic code language which means, The entirety of human civilization as it has developed apart from God and to the extent that it opposes its Creator. According to the Bible, all of humanity once had a common language and a capital city. The Lord God scrambled the original language into many in order to decentralize humanity so that human (satanic) evil would find it much harder to concentrate its force and to dominate the entire human race. Therefore it has quite logically long been the goal of all Luciferian secret societies to undo the decentralization and to bring the human race back together under one ruler. What ruler would that be? Hint: it's not God or Jesus or any human Christ figure like King Arthur.

Lastly:

Or is this it?

The Bible predicts that there will, indeed, be a OWG/NWO and at its head will be the antichrist, the devil's "answer" to Jesus of Nazareth. Nevertheless, while he will succeed for a season, he will be overthrown and defeated by the Lord Himself. After which, "The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah, and he will reign for ever and ever." (Revelation 11:15)

Further:

"After this I (the apostle John) saw another angel coming down from heaven. He had great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his splendor. With a mighty voice he shouted:

“‘Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!’
She has become a dwelling for demons
and a haunt for every impure spirit,
a haunt for every unclean bird,
a haunt for every unclean and detestable animal.
For all the nations have drunk
the maddening wine of her adulteries.
The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.”

4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“‘Come out of her, my people,
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.
Give back to her as she has given;
pay her back double for what she has done.
Pour her a double portion from her own cup.
Give her as much torment and grief
as the glory and luxury she gave herself.
In her heart she boasts,
‘I sit enthroned as queen.
I am not a widow;
I will never mourn.’
Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her:
death, mourning and famine.
She will be consumed by fire,
for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.

“When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry:

“‘Woe! Woe to you, great city,
you mighty city of Babylon!
In one hour your doom has come!’
(Revelation 18:1-10)

Or so The Book says. Are there any good reasons to believe it? Indeed there are. But you have to do your homework. Bon apetit.
edit on 20-3-2015 by williamjpellas because: Moved some comments from inside the quote box to place them below the quote box

edit on 20-3-2015 by williamjpellas because: Added passages from The Book of Revelation

edit on 20-3-2015 by williamjpellas because: corrected typoe

edit on 20-3-2015 by williamjpellas because: cleanup up spacing between paragraphs

edit on 20-3-2015 by williamjpellas because: corrected typo

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I'll point out that no-one controls my families food. We're pretty much totally self sufficient.

You do realize that that you dont actually own your own land? You only have a temporary right to use it. Eminent domain can take it at anytime.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

to survive political and economic upheaval, and other cataclysms, in a way that nations and monetary systems cannot.

You reiterated this from your OP. This is the moral dilemma that we need to question before any real change can happen. The idea of limited liability corporations is antithetical to what it is to be "human"

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

a reply to: TrueMessiah

Japan doesn't even allow me to own my own firearms. I really miss my .45 ACP. It's a different system, but not really any worse than the American system. I just point out that the tentacles are in so deep that overthrowing it will illicit a very violent response from people who have grown accustomed to a relatively comfortable life governed by currency, corporations, surveillance, and control.

I know fully well that I contribute to the problem when I go to the Conbini every morning for a beer after work. That I buy into the Shibuya shopping sprees and decadence. I know I own the newest Samsung Smartphone. I am a part of the problem. And I am honestly, and unashamedly okay with it. I live a comfortable life, doing something I love, in a place I adore. To upset that delicate balance would upset me.

Do I want a change? Sure. Would I like less surveillance and more choice when it comes who my leaders are? You bet. But not enough to start a revolution over it. Call me ignorant, call me whatever you like, but remember you contribute to it as well. If you shop at supermarkets, buy clothes in malls, order stuff from Amazon, own the newest iDevice, you are ALSO part of the problem. I simply know myself well enough to accept that evil, self-absorbed side of myself.

I've made a similar argument before and really nobody (on those threads) understood, let alone agreed. Mine is basically, I want better, of course, but if the way they design the game allows me to find happiness, for my children to grow up happy, safe, fulfilled, then I'm not going to live in the woods, spending hours whittling sticks into tweezers to pick the tican out of my skin, and I'm certainly not going to leave my children and wife behind (or fatherless/widowed) to join in violent revolution.

Since the dawn of civilization, man has not been free, unless he is willing and able to live outside of that civilization. So you do what you can try live the fullest, happiest, best life you can, as unaffected by the barriers and obstacles of "the system" as you can.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

I for one welcome our new Corporate Overlords. Now excuse me while I sip this Mountain Dew, eat part of my Kit Kat Bar, and continue to post on this website using my Sony Monitor, Type on my Dell Keyboard, and sit in my Hon office chair.

I suppose you'll also welcome the clampdown on privacy, being chipped, and loss of numerous other constitutional rights as well right?

Government does that. Not business.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

Government does that. Not business.

Good grief. Have you any idea -at all- how much privacy you give up with every little business transaction you make? How much raw data on your personal health, work history and everything else about you is accumulated from your birth - and filed with insurance and re-insurance companies? And sold for profit to interested parties?

"Business" has been invading your privacy -and using their data to control you- forever. The government is a bit player.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Well...that just won't do...

Only REAL consumers do like I do...I'm sipping Corona, eating Mama Mia's Pizza, posting on this website using my BenQ monitor, typing on my Microsoft keyboard & sitting on my Sinobest office chair (which I didn't actually know the brand of until you made me flip it over)

Boom...what now?
edit on 20-3-2015 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join