It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Official! The Glock 43 Single Stack 9mm Is Here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Woot Woot! I will have mine on pre-order from my local shop asap! Love my G36 and I am sure I will love this one just as much!

Glock 43

Shooting the Glock 43 was comfortable and gives the shooter very little recoil over the Glock 42. I found it to be comfortable to shoot and accurate especially so for a subcompact pistol. The Glock Teasers have shown two springs and of course one is the 42 and the other from the 43. Glock did their homework on the recoil spring in order to mitigate recoil and still handle the slide mass through the cycle. I can say this with confidence because while making recoil more than manageable there were no malfunctions of any kind doing all the shooting we did which was a great deal!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I have the Springfield XDS in .45 ACP. It's a single stack and very small frame. Took a little getting used to, but I really do like it now. Fantastic CC weapon.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
That does look like a nice little pea shooter!, im jelous!, il have to have a trip over sea's soon as ive not shot a pistol for years. Nice gun.
S&f.
All the best.
B. V. H

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I have a Glock 19 cause I have small hands but I gotta admit the Glock 36 would be my choice if I were taller. To me it shoots better than the 19. Although they are both pretty close. I am going to check out the Glock 43 when they come in. Buddy of mine manages a gun store, he'll let me take a good look at it and give me a honest review of the new piece or what sellers are saying about it behind closed doors.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I have two words where by I do not mean to criticize.

Extra magizines. But oh yeah, nice!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Oh yeah...couple extra mags are no problem. I always have at least one on me with my 36. Love the 36, but for summer this 43 will be right up my alley....bit slimmer and lighter.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Just got rid of my G17 9mm dbl stack. Keeping my G30 45acp as everyday....no real reason other than the 9 mm always felt and fired kinda light for me.

Good luck with yours! Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Randyvs,
Why are you focused on extra magazines when carrying a defensive firearm as a civilian? Have you experience in a gunfight as a private citizen?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Yes, I have extensive experience swapping shots at my rival
gang members. You know, can't be have'n just anybody soak'n
up business on my turf. Every once in a while the cops get
involved but, take'n shots at the police is never a good thing.
Always try to avoid that.

You weren't serious, right?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Spare mags are a must.
Although a malfunctioning magazine is more rare than a pistol malfunction, it does happen. Springs break, jam, etc. Having the ability to drop the bad one and pop in a new one can be a life saver.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I am serious.

I keep reading posts on about how extra magazines are an absolute necessity. One person had three extra 13 round magazines of .40 that he hauled around along with his Glock 23. That would be a total of 53 rounds. It seemed a bit much.

Most civilians who carry a gun never fire it in self defense and when they do, things are over quickly. Either someone is down or everyone involved remembers that important appointment somewhere else. I asked you about your experiences because you suggested that extra magazines were a necessity and I thought that you had experienced a firefight and were providing first hand advice.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

In that case negative and I made my remark citing the
six round capacity of the magizine only.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I couldn't agree more. 6 rounds is not enough by any means.
PS. I like your message below your posts.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You bring up a good point. I think it's just in the mentality. I had a revolver, but now carry a 5 (or 7 depending on the clip) shot weapon. I feel as if I don't have enough ammo, even though if I ever did need to fire my weapon, I doubt seriously I'd need to reload. (I try to avoid firefights as a rule of thumb) But the 5 shot clip should be plenty to make me feel safe. I may not be as accurate with my shots as I'd like in a crisis situation, but having seen plenty of movies, I know the proper procedure is to throw the gun at the bad guys when you are out of ammo, and I can throw a gun like a champ.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
do they make it is a 44 or 50?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Shot one but I see no reason to give up my g26 with 11 rounds for a slimmer grip with 7.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboveTopGun15

I couldn't agree more. 6 rounds is not enough by any means.
PS. I like your message below your posts.

Well according to research carried out a few years ago the average number of shots fired in a slf defense shooting is two. In general most of those who fired more simply kept pulling the trigger until the weapon was empty. The most common rounds fired were in the 9mm range.

research

new topics

top topics

join