It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Fry on God

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
There is no correct concept of God, because the transcendent transcends concepts.

According to you...

Good plan. The more common, general, mainstream thought of the masses is always right.

I don't believe any such concept/thought/superstition is correct or accurate, I'm asking those that do and those whom are more prevalent and relevant in society.

There isn't enough room on the Web to include every single individual persons flighty set of superstitions and beliefs.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

There is no correct concept of God, because the transcendent transcends concepts.

some more of that "psi speak". the above can be translated as "that which has no concrete parameters is therefore eligible to be modified as discourse requires to maintain plausible deniability"

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

some more of that "psi speak". the above can be translated as "that which has no concrete parameters is therefore eligible to be modified as discourse requires to maintain plausible deniability"

I prefer to think of it as simply knowing that we don't know, so let go of attachment to concepts and use love to reach God.

'He can certainly be loved, but not thought. He can be taken and held by love but not by thought.' -The Cloud of Unknowing Ch. 6, p. 130.

đź‘Ł

edit on 704SaturdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

I prefer to think of it as simply knowing that we don't know, so let go of attachment to concepts and use love to reach God.

'He can certainly be loved, but not thought. He can be taken and held by love but not by thought.' -The Cloud of Unknowing Ch. 6, p. 130.

đź‘Ł

so god is mindless euphoria. not quite as dignified as all the other mumbo jumbo, but there you have it.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

so god is mindless euphoria. not quite as dignified as all the other mumbo jumbo, but there you have it.

The word 'is' implies 'is not'. A binary pair of opposites. Dualism. I prefer dialectical monism.

“Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two.” -the Buddha

đź‘Ł

edit on 725SaturdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Well personally I think you atheists are just small minded, ignorant haters...

OT.

From my own perspective and beliefs...

If God forced us to do things his way, free will is gone.

Now men are not perfect, although we are the best of creation...
With the potential to do anything physically possible...

But that imperfection can lead to hatred, psychopathy, even mental illness due to the strain of life and the circumstances thrown at us...

Usually at the behest of another, rather than God.

My brother asked me earlier, can God interfere in anything?

I said, according to my beliefs, what God can do, as opposed to what God actually does, shouldn't be conflated.

Free will again.

I can see to some on ATS, free will seems like a cop out answer...

& it's their right to believe such, because what would free will be if we couldn't question the ability of free will?

Paradox, or philosophy 101?

That's up to you to decide.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I can see to some on ATS, free will seems like a cop out answer...

& it's their right to believe such, because what would free will be if we couldn't question the ability of free will?

Paradox, or philosophy 101?

That's up to you to decide.

Free will has nothing to do with giving babies and children cancer and other awful diseases.
Or creating the insects that eat the eyes of children as discussed in the video... or all of the other things.
I mean god created everything.... god created cancer.

God is a sick and evil twat IMO.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
God gave free will to dinosaurs and look where it got them

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Yeah the dinos really blew it with that meteor strike.

Now they're just birds....pffft...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join