It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Virtual Reality Game Turns an Office Into a Robot-Infested Fight for Survival

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

thats no fun playing by yourself

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I also rolled the dice a few times

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

"Dungeons and Dragons... SATAN'S GAME."

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Soo evil.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I never went around casting spells in real life...

You haven't? I'm always casting spells. My biggest frustration is when my co-workers don't respect my +2 Pen of Destruction

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

The entire video was a cg example and not actual footage, I'm gonna reserve judgement til I see actual footage.. You shouldn't be able to pickup the gun like I that without some sort of marker in your hand or something.

According to the employees at Magic Leap, the video is real and they do play this game around the office.

The gun is a real physical object that shoots virtual lasers at a virtual target. You are looking "through" the lens like it were a piece of clear glass while objects are augmented into existence. Kind of like painting a cat on the lens of your sunglasses and then thinking that its in the room with you when you put them on.

So at the very least, we only have the company's word that it's an authentic video. The author did say it was similar to his earlier experience with Microsoft's tech.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Holy.

F##k.

There's no way that is real... but it is! Holy f##k! Excuse my French but that is astonishing, astounding, absolutely amazing!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

It's virtually amazing!!!

I know, seriously.

Gimme.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Look amazing...

Ive been following the occulus rift for 3 years now.... this tech will make tv/pc screens obsolete.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Plus I get to own badass looking peripherals that aren't just a hollow plastic boomerang with colored buttons.

They are display items as well as "controllers"!

I want to go to there.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Roger that I just re watched it you can see the gun on the desk in the beginning. So the. Ya that's a lot more possible but now that opens up game companies to be able to sell physical guns for their games.... Cam you imagine cod..... 13 year old kids bedrooms looking like mr and mrs smith's house... Toy guns and red dots and acogs everywhere!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Char-Lee

As long as parents teach their children that movies, tv and video games are fantasy, there should be no issue. I personally view these mediums, especially video games, as a positive way to vent negative emotions. I do stuff in games I would NEVER do in real life.

I am writing parents out as far as that goes, most of them are going to be working even more in the future to pay for the new white room for the games.

I can imagine a room with individual game booths, when a wind blows in game you feel it blow on you in the booth, I like tradeskills in game maybe put your cookies in an oven and smell them bake, see the fire and feel the heat!
edit on 20-3-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I do not often use this phrase but...OMG....Take my money, just take it all. I am going to need a bigger house now. With a section dedicated to augmented reality gaming. Plus a huge backyard and foam sword for when I play Elder Scrolls 7 with this. Imagine all the funny youtube videos of guys and gals fighting dragons in the yard that no one else can see. A new genre will be born.

edit on 20-3-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

What about elder scrolls 6? (I don't count ES online as 6)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I refuse to watch the video as I can't have this yet. I want to be able to think of other things for the next several years. I need tech advances and cost reductions to meet up perfectly when my kids go of to college and I retire.

I can't pull multiple nights of 1-3 hrs sleep in a row with a full time job anymore like I did in the early days of FFXI...but I want to!

ETA: yeah, I think I'd plug into the matrix, as long as it was "real enough" (ie not utopia, but with a scarcity of scarcity, superpowers and beautiful scenery)
edit on 3/21/2015 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Just imagine how intense Minesweeper would be with one of those!!!!

But seriously, that was cool as hell. I got a chub just watching that.

If the price is affordable I may never leave the house again other than to purchase more pepsi and video games.

I wonder if they also have an augmented reality overlay that will make it look as if I actually cleaned my house and did the dishes???

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I can see one day people never leaving their house, they can go on holidays, play games, do their work, meeting their friends all from their lounge room, the augment reality recreates what ever environment they need to be in. Mabey this will lead to unlocking dormant areas of the brain such that when the googles come off the reality remains.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Misleading thread title, this game is augmented reality not virtual reality.

Still, looks pretty good. It would be weird seeing someone playing you would think they are a lunatic because you can't see what they are seeing.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
How do I sign up for beta testing?

Technology is just advancing at such an incredible rate. There's no limit to what we're capable of creating.

I want to play that lol.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostmymarbles

want to play co op I promise I wont suck, Id play with scientific railgun but shes locked in single player

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join