It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel and Line Jumping

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

If every time communities is viewed as a nodal point connected together by strings then we see an infinitely large matrix sheet composed of nodes connected together by stings. In a single event occurring at a particular one of the nodes (a single time community) this act as a vibrating source promulgated to each other node via the string network (think like the internet). The ripples become standing waves between nodes so when a node receives a ripple pulse it responds by send backing a ripple pulse to the source of the initial ripple, and which in turn initiates a new causal event inside the community. That describes the event horizon for a single event, now multiply that by infinite events occurring at the same time, each moment in the nodal matrix.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Now, understanding that structure, what does that really mean for us? How can we assimilate, promulgate and proceed from our understanding of that? How can we manipulate that structure to make it better, here, and agree on what that takes?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The system im describing incorporates causality as the here and now, because nothing more than the current moment ever exists. The here and now is the only reality there is. The past and present are only concepts constructed in the minds of men. Time travel therefore exists always in the now.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Well if we are talking infinite alternate realities, not only can you find a universe quite similar to ours, but you'd find an infinite amount that were identical to ours. Such is the way infinity and probability work.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I agree. I'm not entirely convinced that time travel is possible just because the equations work out right. I want to first see evidence that wormholes actually EXIST let alone are able to be manipulated to achieve vast distance travel or time travel.

That would be nice. I know that mathematics allows the little spaceship in Asteroids to instantaneously jump from one side of the screen to the opposite. But that wouldn't work in real life.

Heh. I get your point, but the screen on Asteroids is supposed to be projecting a 3d map onto a 2d world. That is why you go from one side to the other. If the asteroids screen were to be 3d, then there would be no borders. Make for an interesting game to play though. Having to traverse a globe, destroying asteroids.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Rhiannon

What do you mean, how can you be sure you're in 'your' timeline?

First of all, sorry for replying so late.

What I meant by that was what if you spontaneously pop into an alternate universe / timeline (not time travel, but line jumping).

You exemplified in an earlier post something about experiencing a place as it was in the past, by seeing a tree in your back yard that wasn't there before. Instead of time travel, could this be line jumping?

Therefore, if you have that sensation of seeing something "wrong, different or out of place", which disagrees with your memory of it, how do you know you are still in your original timeline?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Well if we are talking infinite alternate realities, not only can you find a universe quite similar to ours, but you'd find an infinite amount that were identical to ours. Such is the way infinity and probability work.
yes and if you cannot go into your own past in your timeline there is nothing to say you cannot go to the past of a similar or as you suggest identical one. you could be the ultimate detective. ultimate historian and ultimate inside trader, ultimate treasure hunter. ultimate paleontologist. ultimate geologist. ultimate authority on the birth of and primordial history of the solar system. or grab a clutch of velociraptor eggs, take thermal and humidity readings, put em in a insulated chest and bring them home to a programmable incubator. grab an extinct plant or seeds. bring it back. rinse. repeat.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: datasdream

Unless you sync up your physical location to move with the actual changed position in the past or future any time travel leaves you floating in space. The longer the reach of the travel the more power would be needed to align with the planets position.

Thanks for reminding me of this. I think its the big elephant in the room everyone overlooks when theorizing time travel scenarios.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That reality is constantly being shifted by time travelers making incursions into "past" and "future," but the secret must be kept in order for time travel to be independently invented and close all the loops.

Can you expand on this a bit, maybe its my fuzzy brain this morning. How would it be a secret if they know about it. By the very act of knowing about it would affect possibilities.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join