It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel and Line Jumping

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
OK here is a thought for you theorists what could happen at an intersection of two wormholes? Both ends are fixed but the middles meet. Could you move from one to the other? It still leaves the same conjecture about traveling in time relative to the starting point of each though.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rhiannon
And what about The Philadelphia Experiment? Wasn't that time travel? Was Tesla really involved in that? I love seeing shows about that. Weren't there people that got fused with walls and stuff??
Yes to all imo . getting fused in metal is dangerous isn'tit?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

now GR allows this but disallows wormhole trips that would allow travel to a time before the wormhole went live.

Now, now let's not be so hasty!

When Henry Ford introduced his new V-8 engine in 1932 he delivered something that the experts had said was impossible.

That's the spirit we need,

however it does not disallow travel into the past of a nearly identical alternate time line if these actually exist. you could go into the past of a world where the only difference is a dandylion in someone yard here is dead in their yard there. you could still see a past virtually identical to your own past. be the ultimate detective, ultimate botanist, paleontologist, zoologist, historian, cosmologist and so on.

Oh, The Places You'll Go!
“You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!

Without imagination, there'd be no inventions ; D

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: datasdream
OK here is a thought for you theorists what could happen at an intersection of two wormholes? Both ends are fixed but the middles meet. Could you move from one to the other? It still leaves the same conjecture about traveling in time relative to the starting point of each though.

So it would be like shortcuts to different times from one entry? I had a dream sort of like this, it was AWESOME! Each entry had a sign for the place beyond. One of my best dreams ever, I have to figure out a way to have it again.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

originally posted by: Rhiannon
And what about The Philadelphia Experiment? Wasn't that time travel? Was Tesla really involved in that? I love seeing shows about that. Weren't there people that got fused with walls and stuff??
Yes to all imo . getting fused in metal is dangerous isn'tit?

lol, I would think so, but maybe they were fused to metal in our time, and because of this they weren't able to return and are stuck in the time they traveled to?

What do you all think about those pictures of supposed time travelers? lol and I'm sure you're all aware of the Art Bell / argh.. forgot the time traveler's name... I read some of the transcripts, those were fun, and they prove you can time travel to the past

I think the one vid of the one that is supposedly a lady talking on a cell phone seems the most fanciful to me, you can't even see her hand to her head hardly let alone that she's talking or holding something.

Who knows maybe the pyramids are the 1st 'anchor'

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hah... Another thread tying into this one

Do you remember the Berenstein Bears? or Berenstain Bears?

Time travelers? lol like the tree that wasn't?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Linked article from that thread
woodbetweenworlds.blogspot.ca...

edit on 21-3-2015 by Rhiannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hmmm Guess this Berenstein Bears isn't something that just came up, some good comments at a reddit post. Okay I thought this was just them changing their name, but seems no one can find anything from the past that says BerenstEIN they all now say BerenstAIN o_0

www.reddit.com...

I've heard other people talking about thinking mandela or someone else was alive or dead, and then hearing it was the opposite.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's cute to watch the children talk about science things. First off time travel never happened, isn't going to ever happen and is in fact impossible by all the laws of physics and logic. time only moves in one direction, or matter as we know it could not exist. But put all your high school educations up in a row and tell me you know better. Here's something that even uneducated people can't obfuscate or deny: If time travel ever existed or will exist, it would have already happened.
Nimwits.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carlosdanger
It's cute to watch the children talk about science things. First off time travel never happened, isn't going to ever happen and is in fact impossible by all the laws of physics and logic. time only moves in one direction, or matter as we know it could not exist. But put all your high school educations up in a row and tell me you know better. Here's something that even uneducated people can't obfuscate or deny: If time travel ever existed or will exist, it would have already happened.
Nimwits.
incorrect. GRT does allow time travel. it constrains but does not forbid time travel. nothing else forbids it either.
edit on 21-3-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

you will never be able to jump back to your original time line
a reply to: Android X

Great subject, thanks. Unfortunately, I think you're leaving out something important, our dreams. Most people believe that they live in one dimension, one time line. I don't think that's true. We are multidimensional beings who live on any number of additional time lines and dimensions (while dreaming,) who return to a stable, linear dimension when we wake, even if we don't remember or believe. I think we "time travel" all the time. JMO

that's plausible considering that the dream 'REALITY' is above space time --3d.I'v had dreams where i was able to visualize strange geometries such as klein bottle(4D) and tesseracts.i think the problem is that rebellious 10% of our brains that wakes regardless of how much one dreams.dreams are non-causal which is why no one has died in their dreams.perhaps we shu'd figure out how to stay in a perpetual dream state---no waking jus dreaming---but then we'd have to be immortal and use other means of procreation.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rhiannon

What do you all think about those pictures of supposed time travelers? lol and I'm sure you're all aware of the Art Bell / argh.. forgot the time traveler's name... I read some of the transcripts, those were fun, and they prove you can time travel to the past
yeah there is the JOHN TITOR story.First of all i think the mechanics of his 'DRIVE' are the best i've seen for a time machine.i'm techno -inclined and have a good understanding of teslian tech.if i were to build a device for ACTIVE time travel i wud start by creating TWO singularities then place them PARALLEL to each other.Then stand btwn them O|[X]|O,to move thru space-t all u have to do is drag ur singularities,they'll warp IT.
It's a cheap n 'dirty' mthd n wud work only for a specific timeline---wuld'nt work 4 five or more dimensions.probably what was used in montauk in the early days b4 the crystals came into the picture.

OOH the singularities have to be of the same charge.I believe an understanding of what time 'IS' is important when a clock pendulum-based,xtal-based is 'counting' time is it countin sthng that has physical quality(mass,colour,height,width)--i think what is measured is the decay of momentum(4-phase) which leads to the Q of what momentum is.

One can also time travel on a PASSIVE level i.e remote viewing,oobe's,n other means of subtle energy projection.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Rhiannon

Have you listened to the Youtube Andrew Basiago videos? If that guy is a liar, he's a good one. I believe he's telling the truth.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Have you listened to the Youtube Andrew Basiago videos? If that guy is a liar, he's a good one. I believe he's telling the truth.

It isn't a black and white option hes a liar or not. The man could believe in whats hes saying but suffer psychological condition, where the whole thing is invented in his own mind - and is what I see as the reason..

edit on 21-3-2015 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
There is the possibility that the past and future all co exist at the same time. Imagine time past and future as points on a infinitely curve surface, and imagine what we experience as time passing is movement over the surface of the curve. What if time travelling is changing perception of reality so the curve becomes a flat surface then so that all time points coexist at the same time, each one like a separate community. Then the universe will allows for breaking of causality laws because such laws don't exist, because all that ever exists in reality is the experience of the here and now which occurs at the same moment always.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Seems to me, OP, that you nailed your hypothesis in this one exchange:

I will merely state that Time Travel is possible, but that once you initiate it, you will never be able to jump back to your original time line where everything will not be how you left it.

It's kind of like once you turn on the quantum computer, it is always on, forever after…..

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Even if time travel were somehow made possible i don't imagine its a technology that would ever become mainstream. Simple experimentation could exact a terrible toll regarding our timeline when one considers such theories as the butterfly effect never mind the numerous other paradoxes that could possibly occur.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Even if time travel were somehow made possible i don't imagine its a technology that would ever become mainstream. Simple experimentation could exact a terrible toll regarding our timeline when one considers such theories as the butterfly effect never mind the numerous other paradoxes that could possibly occur.

Yet, the Large Hedron Collider has become, in your words, "mainstream

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
There is the possibility that the past and future all co exist at the same time. Imagine time past and future as points on a infinitely curve surface, and imagine what we experience as time passing is movement over the surface of the curve. What if time travelling is changing perception of reality so the curve becomes a flat surface then so that all time points coexist at the same time, each one like a separate community. Then the universe will allows for breaking of causality laws because such laws don't exist, because all that ever exists in reality is the experience of the here and now which occurs at the same moment always.

I have quoted this, as I think it describes really well, all the converging possibilities, and how our "knowing" affects them, all at once.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Certainly a controlled environment of sorts, although i imagine the term control when applied to such experimentation is highly dubious. Not exactly that many particle accelerators out there capable of duplicating the output of the LHC. And if there are they are of the off the shelf black project variety.
edit on 21-3-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I agree completely. Then, you know and accept and understand, that certainly, what is posed here isn't improbable at all. And it would be played with relentlessly by those who have the power to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join