It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Mob Beats and Burns Woman

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

In some ways what you say here is more Christian than many of us, you do not judge based on your own measure.

But a life (like so very many before and yet to come) was lost in a mindless thuggish reaction by a mob and yes mob's have and do exist in every people regardless of faith if they are outraged enough they or at least some among them will perform inhuman act's.

Though I may also not agree with them and there religion as well as some of there tribal traditions that are cultural in origin rather than religious I know that many among them are far better human's than some of us and My interpretation of a God is that God sort's the chaff from the wheat when all else is said and done and will know God's own (those that please that God by nature of there being's, i.e. good or bad people).

Your point is very good indeed, still it is anger over a needless death that has birthed this thread and if you knew just how common stoning and other methods of oppression in these society's are then perhaps your opinion would shift a little, my sister is married to an Iranian Revolutionary Guard who gained Entry to the UK on a Libyan passport way back in the early 1980's, We did not approve of course and it get's worse, he has in his possession a photo of himself with two other Revolutionary Guard officers holding some poor Iraqi soldiers head, they are smiling and Javod is holding the bloody knife in his hand but in sheer hypocrisy he was a playboy before the overthrow of the shah and had come from a wealthy family, after helping to overthrow the shah he like so many others realized they had lost freedom and so he found a way to the west, My nephew Carl whose father was deceased was a little blond boy and we suspected and contacted the relevant authority's who did nothing but it only came to light many years later when Carl then a man flattened Javod after battering him around the house having finally snapped, need I say more.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Much respect

Laptech makes a very good point on this. Regardless of what religion or faith you have extreme times call for extreme measures.... atrocities are committed throughout the world but we only hear about the ones that make the news. My point is people do these things not religions. Islam is being misused or misinterpreted by these radicals as was Christianity back in the crusades.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Witness2008

We assign it but in the parable of Adam and Eve there was first only one gender then that became two, it was man that was split not God as a fundamental base belief of all Abrahamic tradition and therefore?.

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam have to their own degrees, attitudes of women that would make us either the personal property of men or spiritually inferior to them. No matter what sort of nice little spins that the practitioners of those beliefs would like us to think, the fact remains that women are considered the lesser of that split. Abrahamic laws are brutal and unforgiving, and practiced openly.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
this is so stupid . adrressed to aholeganiy mob ALLAH DID NOT WRITE THE QUARAN SOME GUY NAMED MOHAMMAD DID. IF ALLAH OR GOD HAD WROTE IT IT WOULD BE ETCHED INTO STONE LIKE I DON'T KNOW THE TEN COMMANDMENTS . so its just paper nothing to get so worked up about

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

There were female prophets in the old testament, Moses Elder Sister was one stronginfaith.org...

It is not true of the God of the first two faith's but it is true of the culture of the time's and the tribal traditions, still woman were less oppressed than in classical Greece or Rome and from the time of Jesus woman in the gospel are regarded as Equal, this was sabotaged throughout history by a male fraternity usually seeking power and dominion and abusing the religion for there own use, there is also anecdotal evidence that as well as many famous martyrs of Christ that some female apostle also preached the gospel but it is worth noting that then as now it was often far more dangerous for a woman to preach it than for a man due to the patriarchal nature of these society's.

It is widely regarded as a legend but some think it true and there are several variant's including one that claim's she was German but the one I remember she was Anglo Saxon so British possibly of German origin, the story goes that some time in the 600's there was a female pope who came to power, this was a time during which the western Christian church had been shattered and was just beginning to rise again from the ashes of the sack of Rome with missionary's from as far west as the Scottish and Irish isles were monastery's of hermit monks had been established and where the gospel's had survived the almost total annihilation of the western church, back then priests could marry and have children, it was so until the 900's when a conclave of bishop's decided that they should be married to the church.

Some claim she disguised herself as a man but this may be fallacy and she may have openly been a woman.

There is a street in Rome with a statue of a Madonna and child but this one is different and very old, some claim it is actually a statue dedicated to the pope who was martyred there along with her baby.

The story goes according to some she was raped and disguised herself as a man who proved so pious she was elected pope but the other is that she was a married woman who also happened to be pope and while giving mass on that street long ago she went into labour, the crowd who expected a priestess to be a vestal virgin being semi heathen went into a frenzy and tore her and her unborn child to pieces then trampled them into the dirt.

She may have been regarded for some time as saint but it is said a later pope ordered her bust removed in a hall were all the popes had a bust and replaced with the bust of a pope john that had never existed, that he ordered all record's of her expunged from the Vatican history.

abcnews.go.com...

The truth though is that like the pope who may have ordered record of her destroyed there is scant if any evidence to support any theory about Joan but I think she existed, call it a feeling.

edit on 21-3-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

It was actually written after that guy's death by his followers who needed a source to keep the cult going.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
They can't be all spiritual just because they all have to be muslims from their birth.
Society-forced religion only teaches them how to hate God and religion. However they can't hate their religion so they hate others'. They can't hate their God so they learn to hate others' God. Evil is just scoring lately. Everything seems to be upside down lately. You seal one evil leak here and you see two new leaks there like in the sinking ship

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Is this what they do to promote tourism to the region?

Come to Afghanistan land of the uhh Blankets??

Stay for the mob justice.

*pulls out phone to record*

When in Rome.
edit on 22-3-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
This is not an organised religion thing. Christians and Jews do not do this. Islam will one day be prohibited under law for the thoughtless violence it spawns, just as the Nazi party is. It would appear that we're living in another era of appeasement.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join