It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI probing death of black man hanging from tree in Mississippi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Someone who has been missing for 2 weeks suggest that neighbours would have been asked and informed of proceedings...

So yes it would most certainly arouse suspicion.

With your giant assumption that they saw him depart his home with bed sheets instead of the glaring issue with your postulating that it was a lynching; that he was DRAGGED out of his home.

Nothing obtuse about it...
It's logical that you'd want the locals to know, without sending a telegram to the world of what is occuring.

Oh, right, because lynchings are usually kept so hush, hush. Kind of like when they dragged the man to death in Texas, no one outside of the community heard about that horrific event.

"Not typically..."

I rest my case.

Fine, I will make a declarative. A lynching is a purposeful event meant to inspire fear in the minority community.

And for the final time...

It could be either...

Why you're so quick to rule it out after only 14 hours and an ongoing FBI investigation is happening is a joke.

For the obvious reasons I listed above.

edit on 20-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

have you been to Mississippi lately? Place is a ghetto mess.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

Not recently, but I used to live in a small Mississippi town in the 90's.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Spur of the moment lynchers? Resourceful racists? The MacGyvers of 'ol Miss?

Or, it was just a suicide as the victim was found close to his home with his hands untied.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's what I leaning toward, but I won't rule out an improvised lynching as a possibility. I haven't been following the story very closely, was there any evidence of this man being beaten at all, or any violence?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

As we dont know what type of knot was tied , we are merely speculating. A knot such as a noose would be almost if not physically impossible to tie in something as large as a sheet. You would want to use something like a simple slip knot.
If it was murder either in retaliation or what , I hope they catch who did this .

edit on 20-3-2015 by here4this because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Someone who has been missing for 2 weeks suggest that neighbours would have been asked and informed of proceedings...

So yes it would most certainly arouse suspicion.

With your giant assumption that they saw him depart his home with bed sheets instead of the glaring issue with your postulating that it was a lynching; that he was DRAGGED out of his home.

Nothing obtuse about it...
It's logical that you'd want the locals to know, without sending a telegram to the world of what is occuring.

Oh, right, because lynchings are usually kept so hush, hush. Kind of like when they dragged the man to death in Texas, no one outside of the community heard about that horrific event.

"Not typically..."

I rest my case.

Fine, I will make a declarative. A lynching is a purposeful event meant to inspire fear in the minority community.

And for the final time...

It could be either...

Why you're so quick to rule it out after only 14 hours and an ongoing FBI investigation is happening is a joke.

For the obvious reasons I listed above.

Now you're being ridiculous.

When did I say he was dragged from his home?

How do you even know he went home?
That hasn't been stated.
And I haven't postulated anything.

I just haven't ruled it out...
Like the FBI...

You can play Kojak all you like!

And now you change from not typically to a definitive...
Sheesh.

"For obvious reasons listed above"....

Didn't see any myself.

Ciao!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So you guys think it's only a racial issue when it's a black man hanging from a tree?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

have you been to every city in Mississippi? I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

Um no. That is why we are discussing it. The Media may see it that way, though. Which is why we're having this discussion in the first place. This is about media perceptions, motives, possible suicides, etc.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
a reply to: Krazysh0t

have you been to Mississippi lately? Place is a ghetto mess.

I lived, went to college and worked in Jackson and surrounding areas for 10 years (moved back to Atlanta in 2007 or so but have been back plenty to visit).....it is not any more ghetto than Atlanta. Sure there are ghetto areas, but it is actually a pretty cool place other than everything being so spread out. Some of the best music in the country at small hole in the walls there, great food too.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Apparently this guy wasn't aware that being black and possibly hanging himself would be viewed as a lynching.

The use of sheets or a rope and what knot was used is IRRELEVANT.

I'm sure he's got the whole town in an uproar as well as ATS.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

is there a secret nice city underground or something. show me a pic of a nice city in Mississippi. small towns may be nice but they are not cities bud.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

atlanta is a hot mess as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

do you even live in Mississippi? Because you sound like you've been listening to msnbc .

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

atlanta is a hot mess as well.

Not the last time I looked outside or went anywhere. Pretty nice here.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

i was forced to go down there for job training. i could not wait to leave after a few weeks. maybe it is nice if you are from there, but it was seemed dirty and everyone drives like asshol3s.
edit on 20-3-2015 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well this is certainly worrisome. This black man goes missing for two weeks and just recently found hanging from a tree by a bed sheet. Now normally, I'd dismiss this as a suicide, but this happened in Mississippi a state that isn't exactly known for its racial tolerance.

Yeah cuz that's just how we role down here in the sticks. "That ain't Pace Picante sauce! Boys... get a bedsheet." LOL

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

i was forced to go down there for job training. i could not wait to leave after a few weeks. maybe it is nice if you are from there, but it was seemed dirty and everyone drives like asshol3s.

Are you sure you weren't in New Jersey?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Now the driving I can agree with....it would seem nobody took driving classes when they got their license, especially on the highway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join